The best topic

Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

"Your heart is fine. But..."

Started by Bricktop, May 30, 2019, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I try to eat healthily. I certainly don't do junk food, and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

The wear on my pulmonary system is not the heart per se, but the receptors that regulate the rhythm. They are not responding as snappily as they did 20 years ago.

There's no remedy. It's just the torment of age...68 in a few weeks. Even the best motors will start to blow smoke sooner or later.

Age might be a factor, but I believe it can still be helped.  My dad's arteries where clog before and had to do some surgery 12 years ago, during that time he felt too close to death and started to take care and maintain his body when he has the time.  Reduced his meat consumption from 2/5 to less than 10%, now all he eats are things like avocados, all kinds of nuts, high fibre diets, boiled eggs, apple, boiled ginger, kiwis, etc, along with an active lifestyle, doing full body stretches every morning for 45mins then hitting the gym doing moderate to mild work out.  Before he had to take a lot of meds to sustain his heart and blood pressure but during these 10 years of consistant healthy living, it's like time has some what stopped for him or had even reversed slightly.

Do you mean your father had stents inserted Zetsu?

Yea, I wasn't sure what they're exactly called, but I believe it's the stents surgery he had, my mom just told me it's those little things inserted inside to keep his arteries expanded and preventing it from contracting.

I've known two men that had stents put in to keep their arteries open..

One can live a long life with them.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"I try to eat healthily. I certainly don't do junk food, and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

The wear on my pulmonary system is not the heart per se, but the receptors that regulate the rhythm. They are not responding as snappily as they did 20 years ago.

There's no remedy. It's just the torment of age...68 in a few weeks. Even the best motors will start to blow smoke sooner or later.

Age might be a factor, but I believe it can still be helped.  My dad's arteries where clog before and had to do some surgery 12 years ago, during that time he felt too close to death and started to take care and maintain his body when he has the time.  Reduced his meat consumption from 2/5 to less than 10%, now all he eats are things like avocados, all kinds of nuts, high fibre diets, boiled eggs, apple, boiled ginger, kiwis, etc, along with an active lifestyle, doing full body stretches every morning for 45mins then hitting the gym doing moderate to mild work out.  Before he had to take a lot of meds to sustain his heart and blood pressure but during these 10 years of consistant healthy living, it's like time has some what stopped for him or had even reversed slightly.

Yea, I wasn't sure what they're exactly called, but I believe it's the stents surgery he had, my mom just told me it's those little things inserted inside to keep his arteries expanded and preventing it from contracting.

At least this is a relief for me, now all that's left to do is to do is to make Bricktop live no less than 100 years old.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

At least this is a relief for me, now all that's left to do is to do is to make Bricktop live no less than 100 years old.  ac_cool

I thought he already was.....just kidding Bricktop.

:laugh:

Zetsu

Lol  :001_tongue:

Anonymous

Is your dad a smoker? My dad is 59 and smokes. I really wish he would quit.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Zetsu"all that's left to do is to do is to make Bricktop live no less than 100 years old.  ac_cool

Working on it!!!

So far, so good!!

:thumbup:

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"We're still having repairs done to our house after the now not quite so recent lightning strike. Yesterday the new alarm system was fitted. I offered the installer a coffee and he asked if it was OK if he had it outside.

He went outside to his truck, and I brought his coffee out to him. It was obvious why he wanted to go outside as he was smoking a cigarette.

We got chatting about health issues, and he mentioned that he had undergone heart surgery after a heart attack.

As he drew on his cigarette, he proudly declared that one of the contributing factors to his heart attack was smoking.

People like this should be disbarred from the public health system.

Smoking is an upper... I was successful quitting because I had a partner during the heavy lifting period while I mainly stayed in bed. Workers can't do that. They have to work and cannot slack off.

That guy smoking needs the upper effect of smoking. If he stopped smoking, it would feel like he added 50 kilos to his weight to drag around all day. For a good month he'd feel like that.

He needs to be talked into a nicotine replacement.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"We're still having repairs done to our house after the now not quite so recent lightning strike. Yesterday the new alarm system was fitted. I offered the installer a coffee and he asked if it was OK if he had it outside.

He went outside to his truck, and I brought his coffee out to him. It was obvious why he wanted to go outside as he was smoking a cigarette.

We got chatting about health issues, and he mentioned that he had undergone heart surgery after a heart attack.

As he drew on his cigarette, he proudly declared that one of the contributing factors to his heart attack was smoking.

Smoking is an upper... I was successful quitting because I had a partner during the heavy lifting period while I mainly stayed in bed. Workers can't do that. They have to work and cannot slack off.

That guy smoking needs the upper effect of smoking. If he stopped smoking, it would feel like he added 50 kilos to his weight to drag around all day. For a good month he'd feel like that.

I can't talk my dad into making an effort to quit smoking.

Bricktop

Have you tried lethal violence?

caskur

Quote from: "Shen Li"

They're scared of the withdrawl which is pretty scary but you have to tell yourself, (themselves) you're not dying.

Withdrawing from coffee, tea, sugar can be just as violent.

It's probably harder when you work because smoking at work gets you through the drugery of a days work.

I save 10,000 a year now not smoking and the bums left me too.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

They're scared of the withdrawl which is pretty scary but you have to tell yourself, (themselves) you're not dying.

Withdrawing from coffee, tea, sugar can be just as violent.

It's probably harder when you work because smoking at work gets you through the drugery of a days work.

I save 10,000 a year now not smoking and the bums left me too.

Do you mean people asking for cigarettes?

Zetsu

Is your dad a smoker? My dad is 59 and smokes. I really wish he would quit.

I hear ya Shen, seeing your family and friends harming themselves is always hard to accept.  Maybe try making a mutual deal with him might have him convinced, I tend to do that with my mom once in a while.  My dad used to smoke too, then one day he decided to quit and never told anyone, I think it's pretty cool though and made me really grateful for it.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Zetsu"all that's left to do is to do is to make Bricktop live no less than 100 years old.  ac_cool

Working on it!!!

So far, so good!!

:thumbup:

Woot, I always knew you have it in you Bricktop.  ac_cool   It's no secret but I always notice "consistency" in life is my dad's favorite strategy for good health and longevity.

Bricktop

As you grow older, and the aches and pains grow more prominent, you begin to fear going to the doctor.

You're then faced with odd conflicting emotions; do I suddenly get all health conscious to extend my life a little, or do I just live to the fullest and go out with a bang.

Your head certainly changes with your body.

Blazor

I use to smoke when I was a young adult, for about 5 years. The main thing that made me quit, was seeing my favorite uncle on a respirator his last month and a half, not being able to talk, had to write what he wanted to say, and dying at the age of 52.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.