Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Ventured out to Popeye's chicken for lunch

Started by Superchecker, June 01, 2019, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

So, Popeye's Louisiana style fried chicken is slowly opening new locations in Canada. Have heard that the Surrey location is quite popular. Has been open a couple of months now... We finally ventured out there for lunch today. Wasn't overly impressed.

Ordered the 3 piece chicken tender meal, with onion rings and the signature buttermilk biscuit. Added a mini chicken burger too, which essentially is a chicken tender in a small hamburger bun.

The chicken was a tad bit dry, and unremarkable.... Bland... They didn't have honey mustard for dipping. We don't like the spicier dips. The onion rings were ok, but squished a little. The best thing was the biscuit. So much so, we got a second one.

Next time we're craving chicken tenders: Our local FatBurger's is much better!!
<t></t>

Wazzzup

They do make great biscuits I like the mashed potatoes too.  But down here their chicken is very greasy--it seems like the oil they put it in soaks through into the meat of the chicken.  I like rich foods, but that's too much for even me.

I like KFC better but the local one is terrible, it seems they have rule to only hire the worst incompetents they can find.  Every time I've ordered they messed it up and gave me the wrong stuff, or its old and stale tasting or sat under a heat lamp all day.  I have given up on them.

Bricktop

What do you expect, buying fried chicken from a vegetarian sailor???

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"What do you expect, buying fried chicken from a vegetarian sailor???
:laugh3:  yeah and they don't even have spinach on the menu acc_angry

When you think about it naming a cajun chicken restaurant popeye's makes no sense at all.  But I suppose outback steakhouse doesn't make a lot of sense either. :sad:

Bricktop

Well, it does if you live in the outback!!

Which is Australian for "wilderness".

cc

They call it "Popeye's" and don't offer spinach? .. and not even an Olive?

Now there's  clues that something isn't straight up.

As for Fatburger, ours just closed the doors and evacuated .. no loss, only the breakfast was worth going for .. although they do cook everything fresh to order

As for chicken, if it ain't broiled in piece or rotisserated whole, I'll pass thanks

If anything isn't fresh cooked to order I'll pass again
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"So, Popeye's Louisiana style fried chicken is slowly opening new locations in Canada. Have heard that the Surrey location is quite popular. Has been open a couple of months now... We finally ventured out there for lunch today. Wasn't overly impressed.

Ordered the 3 piece chicken tender meal, with onion rings and the signature buttermilk biscuit. Added a mini chicken burger too, which essentially is a chicken tender in a small hamburger bun.

The chicken was a tad bit dry, and unremarkable.... Bland... They didn't have honey mustard for dipping. We don't like the spicier dips. The onion rings were ok, but squished a little. The best thing was the biscuit. So much so, we got a second one.

I've never tried Popeye's or Fatburger..

We never buy fast food..

But, I wonder if Shen Li has tried Popeye's yet and what her opinion is of it..

She loves fried chicken.

Bricktop

"Fast" food should be outlawed.

It's a crime against humanity. Or taste. Probably both.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop""Fast" food should be outlawed.

It's a crime against humanity. Or taste. Probably both.

I agree completely.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Ive never had popeyes.  Im going to the US this summer...the kid really wants to check out chick-fil-a or whatever its called.  Im dreading the smelly farts she will get from nasty ametican fast food.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"So, Popeye's Louisiana style fried chicken is slowly opening new locations in Canada. Have heard that the Surrey location is quite popular. Has been open a couple of months now... We finally ventured out there for lunch today. Wasn't overly impressed.

I won't eat anything from Popeye's or Fatburger. If I want something fast foodish, it will be from something like Edo Japan or Extreme Pita.

Anonymous

I do not do Popeye's or burger joints. Pretty much all the meat the old lady and I eat is free range from our farm or wild game my nephews give us. Besides fast food joints are not licensed.

Gaon

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I won't eat anything from Popeye's or Fatburger. If I want something fast foodish, it will be from something like Edo Japan or Extreme Pita.

I make pitas at home and bring them for lunch.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Have you tried Carl's Jr yet. They are Hardee's in the US. They are popping up all over the place across Canada.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Have you tried Carl's Jr yet. They are Hardee's in the US. They are popping up all over the place across Canada.
<t></t>