Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Children

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2019, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Herman"
We do not often agree, but this is one of those times. Old Jock's turnaround is a success story.

I am always happy to hear success stories. More power to all who have succeeded and those who are succeeding.

Me too Azhya.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Cronus"Fortunately.....kids are not dirty laundry.

I don't recall anyone saying they were. However, some people think comments about their personal choices they themselves have elected to share are attacks on their kids.

I agree with this distinction.  Both SG and my home board have made attacks on the children themselves strictly off limits.  Some other forums also follow this practice.

ETA... flaming posters about their own lifestyle choices is still fair game on a flame sub, unless those choices have come to the forum through PI exploits.

I agree, if you reveal your choices, it's all fair game. But, and there is a but, it bothers me when my past problems with alcohol are thrown in my face. I am proud of my turnaround in my life. I am proud of my nearly decade and a half of sobriety. Doesn't matter though, because I USED to drink.

I'm pretty open about having a checkered past history, particularly since it was half my life ago.  I've been in recovery since the early eighties, and my life speaks for itself at this point.  I feel anyone with double-digit recovery is very credible, and if I were you I simply would laugh off such weak flaming.

It is weak isn't it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I don't recall anyone saying they were. However, some people think comments about their personal choices they themselves have elected to share are attacks on their kids.

I agree with this distinction.  Both SG and my home board have made attacks on the children themselves strictly off limits.  Some other forums also follow this practice.

ETA... flaming posters about their own lifestyle choices is still fair game on a flame sub, unless those choices have come to the forum through PI exploits.

I agree, if you reveal your choices, it's all fair game. But, and there is a but, it bothers me when my past problems with alcohol are thrown in my face. I am proud of my turnaround in my life. I am proud of my nearly decade and a half of sobriety. Doesn't matter though, because I USED to drink.

I'm pretty open about having a checkered past history, particularly since it was half my life ago.  I've been in recovery since the early eighties, and my life speaks for itself at this point.  I feel anyone with double-digit recovery is very credible, and if I were you I simply would laugh off such weak flaming.

It is weak isn't it.

I don't expect a pat on the back, but I do not deserve that either.

Anonymous

It is weak isn't it.

Yeah well, you get a pat on the back from me.

I've been a bartender my whole adult life and lemme tell you, it takes a strong ass person to walk away from alcohol. It's not something that's easy to remove yourself from.

Anonymous

Then they shouldn't be surprised if they got slapped silly for it and refrain from claiming they have thick skin if they are going to wail.

If you are implying Dovey, Dovey indeed has thick skin. For the little you tried to do, I did ten times worse to her on other forums back in the day and here I am with her.

No offense, she trampled you with your own words.

That's gotta suck.

Anonymous

Quote from: "King Martini"

It is weak isn't it.

Yeah well, you get a pat on the back from me.

I've been a bartender my whole adult life and lemme tell you, it takes a strong ass person to walk away from alcohol. It's not something that's easy to remove yourself from.

That must be an interesting occupation..

You see people when their guard is down.

Anonymous

When the comments revolve around using someones kids as examples of their bad personal choices it IS degrading their children.

Telling someone they would have been more responsible or whatever had they had not had their children is saying "the fact that your kids exist is proof you make bad choices" is degrading someones kids.  Its using children as a shaming tool.

How grown people do not get this is beyond me.

And to that prick who referred to my kids as "dirty laundry"?  My kids are NOT dirty laundry, you unbelievable pig, and you are the one who should be ashamed of yourself. I was not the one who went there.

You guys gotta be kidding me. I never brought my kids up here, that was you. You guys decided to bring it up and use their existence to attack my choices. I just put you and that other asshole in your places.

How gross and arrogant can two grown women be. Uhg.

Anonymous

It's incredible the lack of self awareness and the self righteous smugness and excuses.

As if anyone this inept is in a position to critisize anyone else.

Anonymous

Then they shouldn't be surprised if they got slapped silly for it and refrain from claiming they have thick skin if they are going to wail.

You being absolute trash isnt slapping anyone silly.

You stuck your nose into something and forced your opinion that my children should have been prevented.  You made completely smug ass of yourself and I got a lot of messages telling me this behavoir from you isnt new.

Then you threw a fit because I wasnt accepting your garbage comments.

So yeah you shouldnt have been surprised you got flamed for your bad, gross opinion on something I didnt even bring up.

Get a grip.

Anonymous

Quote from: "King Martini"

If you are implying Dovey, Dovey indeed has thick skin. For the little you tried to do, I did ten times worse to her on other forums back in the day and here I am with her.

No offense, she trampled you with your own words.

That's gotta suck.

To be fair, she thinks shes so above me because of a statement IC made about my kids having different dads I doubt she truly grasped anything I posted.

Sanctimony can be blinding and deafening and can make one a terrible judge of character.

Easy to exploit, but more the pleasure of the readers than a benefit for the high and mighty.

Anonymous

Am I the only one having a deja vu moment here?

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Am I the only one having a deja vu moment here?

">

The only song I know by Crosby, Stills and Nash is Southern Cross.

caskur

Quote from: "King Martini"Well, the good thing about all this is you guys are seeing the kind of piece of shit Caskur is, and why she has been banned on every forum she cancers up.

Whoever saw the posts saw the real Pigeon and real you.

I'm still laughing at Pigeon needing her e-friends to pay for her flight.

The only ones "fucking up forums" is you and Pigeon justifying what rotten parents you both are.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

ac_lmfao
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"

When the comments revolve around using someones kids as examples of their bad personal choices it IS degrading their children.

Telling someone they would have been more responsible or whatever had they had not had their children is saying "the fact that your kids exist is proof you make bad choices" is degrading someones kids.  Its using children as a shaming tool.

How grown people do not get this is beyond me.

And to that prick who referred to my kids as "dirty laundry"?  My kids are NOT dirty laundry, you unbelievable pig, and you are the one who should be ashamed of yourself. I was not the one who went there.

You guys gotta be kidding me. I never brought my kids up here, that was you. You guys decided to bring it up and use their existence to attack my choices. I just put you and that other asshole in your places.

How gross and arrogant can two grown women be. Uhg.

It's not your kids that made bad choices. Almost everybody will tell you, you need another relationship like Herman needs another bottle of booze. I don't give a fuck what you do. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks anyway, because you are going to do what you are going to do.

Back to my post that got this all started, I'm just surprised you were able to get a man. In Asia, we wouldn't be having this conversation, because no man would even consider you as relationship material.