Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Murdock"
Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Bricktop"No, I meant Murdock. Platypus has a nice ring to it!!

I don't know Murdock, but I do know Herman makes my skin crawl. I thought he was Gordy Gambino.

It's nice to make your acquaintance :)

Can I ask about your life Murdock?

Where do you live? Do you have children?  What do you like to do in your free time?

Feel free to ask me anything too.

I live in the PNW.  

I have 2 children.  My daughter is 24 and my son will be 20 before the year is over.  

How long have you been married?

I've been married nineteen years..

My daughter graduated from high school in June and she'll be going to university in September..

My son is going into grade nine.

I was married for 18, we were together for 22.  Both of my children are in college.  My daughter graduated from a private college and decided to go to film school instead of law school.  My son is still figuring it out, but has an idea of where he is headed.

Thank you Murdock..

I'm still figuring life out and I'm over forty.

ac_wot

I am too... navigating online dating after 40 has had its challenges tho

Anonymous

I don't know Murdock, but I do know Herman makes my skin crawl. I thought he was Gordy Gambino.

Where do you live? Do you have children?  What do you like to do in your free time?

I live in the PNW.  

I have 2 children.  My daughter is 24 and my son will be 20 before the year is over.  

My daughter graduated from high school in June and she'll be going to university in September..

I was married for 18, we were together for 22.  Both of my children are in college.  My daughter graduated from a private college and decided to go to film school instead of law school.  My son is still figuring it out, but has an idea of where he is headed.

Thank you Murdock..

I'm still figuring life out and I'm over forty.

ac_wot

I am too... navigating online dating after 40 has had its challenges tho

I know. A single 44 year old co worker told me all about it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I live in the PNW.  

Welcome Murdock.

I am fifty, married, but no kids. I am a locomotive engineer for Canadian Pacific. I will be retired in four and a half years. ac_dance

Awww thanks  ac_dance

That's pretty awesome.  I'm nowhere near retirement...

It takes a lot of lettuce to support my shoe fetish.

Blazor

... navigating online dating after 40 has had its challenges tho

I didnt bother online, but found getting out there after being with the same person since I was 16 was kinda tough at first lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I didnt bother online, but found getting out there after being with the same person since I was 16 was kinda tough at first lol.

It was like landing on another planet for me.  

I've known my ex-husband since I was 9 yo.  I used to throw rocks at him when he rode his bike down my street.  I'm pretty sure it was that friendship that enabled our dysfunctional marriage to last as long as it did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I live in the PNW.  

Welcome Murdock.

I am fifty, married, but no kids. I am a locomotive engineer for Canadian Pacific. I will be retired in four and a half years. ac_dance

Awww thanks  ac_dance

That's pretty awesome.  I'm nowhere near retirement...

It takes a lot of lettuce to support my shoe fetish.

I know, I like shoes too.

Anonymous

I'd be lost if I became single.

Blazor

I've known my ex-husband since I was 9 yo.  I used to throw rocks at him when he rode his bike down my street.  I'm pretty sure it was that friendship that enabled our dysfunctional marriage to last as long as it did.

Exactly lol.

Awww.

Being with a jealous wife, I was conditioned to not really talk to ladies, so I had a thing called Approach Anxiety. A few trips to the strip club cured me of that  :laugh:

I feel for ya these days, lot of men aint "men" these days.

To me, online is just browsing folks advertisements about themselves, and you really dont know how someone truly is. One of the advice things I read, was to go to functions that cater to your liking. Like if you like to hike, go on hiking group things. Or cooking classes, or salsa lessons  ac_dance   You may meet someone and click with them  ac_smile

Good luck in your adventures, and have fun no matter what.

Blazor

I still havent refound myself yet  :laugh:

But since that time, I've gone through many transformations it seems.

Anonymous

You've adjusted well Blazor.

Blazor

Such is life, we take the punches that are given us, and as such they mold us and make us who we are  ac_smile

Anonymous

Such is life, we take the punches that are given us, and as such they mold us and make us who we are  ac_smile

I've taken my share of punches too Blazor.

Anonymous

That's a bit like my first wife. We were both farm kids growing up in the same area. We had so much in common, but no spark. My current old lady is the exact opposite of me in nearly every way, but there is that spark.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

That's a bit like my first wife. We were both farm kids growing up in the same area. We had so much in common, but no spark. My current old lady is the exact opposite of me in nearly every way, but there is that spark.

I think that spark is important... otherwise, you're just roommates

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I think that spark is important... otherwise, you're just roommates

Exactly. And I felt bad there was no chemistry with my first old lady. We had so much in common, but no chemistry.