Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

White privilege doesn't exist

Started by Anonymous, September 17, 2019, 08:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Seoul never said he was a victim of racial disadvantage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Bill Burr is great.

">

I find I agreed with most of the message.
This video was accurate in my opinion.
There was some truth in it.
And what disadvantage did you have? I would like to know how upper middle class Koreans are getting the short end of the stick.
No disadvantage.

Gaon

My little girl is the only white child in her class in Surrey this year. What privileges is she supposed to have been born with.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

My husband's father was the victim of "racism"... he came to Australia in early 1950s and the Aussies hated the Germans and Austrians because of the WW 2.

Whites are definitely more victims of racism but then everyone thinks they're victims if they are bullied in one way or another.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"My little girl is the only white child in her class in Surrey this year. What privileges is she supposed to have been born with.

If teachers are shaming your daughter, they should be ashamed.

Anonymous

">

And what disadvantage did you have? I would like to know how upper middle class Koreans are getting the short end of the stick.
I am not talking about overt racism like signs saying no dogs or Koreans. It is subtle. In fact, the majority is not even aware of it. My main grievance is how the media portrays East Asians.

Odinson

Elementary school teachers... Not the brightest bunch..

Their job is important..

The teacher himself/herself is not important and is very expendable..

But they have a high opinion of themselves.

Odinson

">

I am not talking about overt racism like signs saying no dogs or Koreans. It is subtle. In fact, the majority is not even aware of it. My main grievance is how the media portrays East Asians.

Examples?

Odinson

I was wondering why my ass feels cold..

Turns out my boxers had torn and my right butt cheek was bare.

Just another day in a white mans life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Elementary school teachers... Not the brightest bunch..

Their job is important..

The teacher himself/herself is not important and is very expendable..

But they have a high opinion of themselves.

Babysitters who think highly of themselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I was wondering why my ass feels cold..

I know you are poking fun of what Seoul has said..

But, even I used to cringe at some of the media portrayals of East Asians..

It's changing now though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"I was wondering why my ass feels cold..

I know you are poking fun of what Seoul has said..

But, even I used to cringe at some of the media portrayals of East Asians..

It's changing now though.

Yes, it is finally. You are seeing Asian men now as romantic interests instead of asexual dorks. You are seeing Asian women now in assertive roles instead of Hollywood's usual submissive portrayals.

caskur

Asia had very, very, strict rules about sex on TV or in movies. It was NOT allowed. Violence yes, love and sex, no way.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Asia had very, very, strict rules about sex on TV or in movies. It was NOT allowed. Violence yes, love and sex, no way.

I think Seoul is referring to Asian media stereotypes that North America produces.

Bricktop

The imputation of your comment in the context of this thread is that only white people are racist.

This is an absurd proposition.

If you're white in Malaysia, particularly off the beaten tourist track, you are automatically regarded as a target for robbery. And if you report it to the police, they will imply that it is your fault for being white and apparently wealthy.

If you're white in South Africa or Zimbabwe, you run the risk of having your land taken from you, as well as also being the target of black gangs and criminals.

If you're white in Japan, you are politely regarded as inferior.

If you're white in an Arab country, you're a kafir, or infidel.

How many white people do you see in Indian movies? Or Chinese?

Is the converse argument thus true, that the non-white natives of these nations are thus "privileged" to be NOT white?

Being successful and building strong powerful nations does not come about by privilege. It comes about through effort, energy, purpose and determination to build a better world. Of course, white nations have behaved badly, but the non-whites and their progressive cheerleaders would like us to believe that ONLY white nations have behaved badly.

North Korea, China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Uganda, Sudan...the list goes on of NON white nations behaving badly, but only white nations seem to bear the brunt of criticism and accusations of racism and privilege.

What would this world look like WITHOUT white nations?