Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Last dog slaughterhouse in Seoul dismantled

Started by Anonymous, November 03, 2019, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Every culture has a dish that may not sit well with other cultures. I do not want to try dog meat because the idea of it is not appetizing to me. However, I am open to trying ortolan meat. I've had foie gras. It is exquisite. I have also had rattlesnake meat in a salad and scallopini made of alligator tails. Of course, I love those balut eggs from back home. It has a developed duckling inside. I also do not want to try bull's testicles. Something about it is just not appetizing.

I had boiled cow brains and every type of bush meat available when I worked in sub Saharan Africa. Some of it was good, was not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Every culture has a dish that may not sit well with other cultures. I do not want to try dog meat because the idea of it is not appetizing to me. However, I am open to trying ortolan meat. I've had foie gras. It is exquisite. I have also had rattlesnake meat in a salad and scallopini made of alligator tails. Of course, I love those balut eggs from back home. It has a developed duckling inside. I also do not want to try bull's testicles. Something about it is just not appetizing.

There's a butcher not too far from my place that sells frozen alligator, kangaroo, rattlesnake and camel meat.

Gaon

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I have never had dog and I shall never have one. I just don't want to even try it. Nope. Never going too happen.

Eating man's best friend. :beurk:
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I have never had dog and I shall never have one. I just don't want to even try it. Nope. Never going too happen.

Eating man's best friend. :beurk:

The dogs that are slaughtered and eaten are not kept as pets.

realgrimm

this is great news all animals deserve a better quality of life even if your gunna eat em it's called humanity..

beating dogs to release endorphins making the meat more flavorful ,no chance your eating it if that went down in my neighborhood cause I'd be sure to knock out all your teeth so you won't enjoy it..

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"this is great news all animals deserve a better quality of life even if your gunna eat em it's called humanity..

beating dogs to release endorphins making the meat more flavorful ,no chance your eating it if that went down in my neighborhood cause I'd be sure to knock out all your teeth so you won't enjoy it..

Slaughter should be done as quickly and humanely as possible with any animal..

But, I'm glad Taiwan stopped the consumption of dogs long ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "realgrimm"this is great news all animals deserve a better quality of life even if your gunna eat em it's called humanity..

China won't ban it because of outrage from the West. If China bans eating dogs it will be because of outrage from elites in cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou.

Gaon

Quote from: "Shen Li"

China won't ban it because of outrage from the West. If China bans eating dogs it will be because of outrage from elites in cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou.

I believe that.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Free range is best. But, with seven and a half billion mouths to feed, it is not realistic.

Anonymous

That is fucked up.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"

That is fucked up.

I am not even aware they do that. Sheesh.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

That is fucked up.

They still do that in rural China and Vietnam.

@realAzhyaAryola

That is fucked up.

Back home when I was growing up, I would always hear whispers that certain folks in rural areas dine on dog meat but no one I knew ever did.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

That is fucked up.

Back home when I was growing up, I would always hear whispers that certain folks in rural areas dine on dog meat but no one I knew ever did.

When Taiwan permitted dog meat it was mostly available at Chinese New Years..

It was cultural..

But, I don't have any relative that admits to trying it.

Anonymous

That is fucked up.

When Taiwan permitted dog meat it was mostly available at Chinese New Years..

It was cultural..

But, I don't have any relative that admits to trying it.

It's the same in China and Vietnam when I was there

The only time I saw dog meat was thw Tet/CNY holidays.