The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407579 time=1617885442 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=407568 time=1617862193 user_id=88
All large provinces (what I track, so can speak for) are dropping dramatically in death / case % as is Canada as a whole the past month or more

As most elderly people are vaccinated, the people catching COVID and the variants are much younger now.

Yes. Seems that is true for deaths but not for hospitals and ICUs of late being more busy than ever. Seems younger people are in need of both but tend to ultimately survive more would be a logical conclusion? That's a guess based on logic, not on data beyond the number of beds required being higher than ever

Variants maybe?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407591 time=1617896458 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407579 time=1617885442 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=407568 time=1617862193 user_id=88
All large provinces (what I track, so can speak for) are dropping dramatically in death / case % as is Canada as a whole the past month or more

As most elderly people are vaccinated, the people catching COVID and the variants are much younger now.

Yes. Seems that is true for deaths but not for hospitals and ICUs of late being more busy than ever. Seems younger people are in need of both but tend to ultimately survive more would be a logical conclusion? That's a guess based on logic, not on data beyond the number of beds required being higher than ever

Variants maybe?

How long are most COVID ICU stays?

cc

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407587 time=1617886972 user_id=3254
In a reversal of earlier pandemic trends, Canada is on the verge of matching — perhaps surpassing — the United States in the number of COVID-19 cases relative to its population..

The reason of course is vaccinations.

Actually, we have far less cases proportionally  than the US by many time over (roughly 1/4)

US has a case for every 10.5 people in the country - Almost 10 % of people have caught it  (31,487,026)

Canada has a case for every 37 people or 2.7% of population

Even today's rates of infection are similar  US had 75,000 yesterday and we had 7,100 which is about same proportion

Anonymous

The article was talking about current trends, not since the beginning of the pandemic.

cc

Yes, I realize that. Still, current numbers are roughly equal to US on proportional basis

We have caught up to their "current" infection rate

I just checked and US has 33 % with at least 1 shot - Canada  has 17% for example, so about 1/2 of U.S.

That's not what US has been promising

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407607 time=1617906841 user_id=88
Yes, I realize that. Still, current numbers are roughly equal to US on proportional basis

I just checked and US has 33 % with at least 1 shot - Canada  has 17% for example, so about 1/2 of U.S.

It said we're on the "verge" of catching the USA, and we are are.

Anonymous

Alberta added 1,429 cases today and three deaths..

Variants are dominant.

cc

We are a new record today .. almost 1,300

Not as many variants as you guys, but still many ...... deaths / case keeps going down for both of us & for Canada as a whole .. while here at least, hospitalization average age keeps going down

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407609 time=1617923895 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=407607 time=1617906841 user_id=88

It said we're on the "verge" of catching the USA, and we are are.

And it is provinces like yours that are getting us there.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407615 time=1617934179 user_id=88
Us and ON are doing all we can to help

Thanks.

cc

Welcome

Speaking of ............

Today Ontariario reports 4,227 new cases and 18 deaths  .... after being in the 2,000s the previous week

Seems they have completely lost control of it  :sad:

Meantime, and in between time  .. UK continues to reduce numbers substantially ... This past week (ending today) cases are  down 9,400  from the previous week ... following many weeks of reduced numbers of cases and deaths

Thanks for your taking care of our country and its people so efficiently Justine  :mad:

Anonymous

Alberta reported 1521 cases today and two deaths.

cc

BTW Fash, I apologize for yesterday not picking up that you meant "currently" with regard to our catching the US in proportional rate of cases .. my "duh" moment

Today we have 1,262 & 2  .. definitely up in cases  but not as much as some others & we all are experiencing significantly lower death / case rates