The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 25 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416638 time=1627232652 user_id=88
The results are consistent with UK daily stats - Of the dozen or so places I track, UK is the most vaccinated and in fact it's mostly AZ which was always known to be less effective that the RNA ones ......

It's been amazing and comforting to watch the daily cases increase yet death per case rate has dropped from 2.28 % overall rate fall to to 0.14% when calculating over only the past 10 weeks ... and it keeps getting lower each week  .. by far  the lowest anywhere

The proof is in the puddin.

Israel is also quite low but I only started tracking it a short while ago so I can't do last 10 weeks separately yet .. but last 5 weeks is really good ... just not enough data to honestly compare with others

I knew if anyone would find data to contradict the Israeli study, it would be you. :thumbup:

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416641 time=1627233427 user_id=88
lol .. thanks  ac_blush

I am not a conspiracy theorist. My mind can be changed with cold hard data. As usual, you delivered.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416625 time=1627228714 user_id=114
The city of St Louis has imposed a mask mandate. The people getting infected in the US are not getting infected because they aren't wearing masks. They are getting infected because they are not vaccinated.

Western countries response to this has been abysmal. Lockdowns, no treatments, keepin kids out of school, Meh whatever, liberty and prosperity are overrated.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=416645 time=1627235414 user_id=56
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416625 time=1627228714 user_id=114
The city of St Louis has imposed a mask mandate. The people getting infected in the US are not getting infected because they aren't wearing masks. They are getting infected because they are not vaccinated.

Western countries response to this has been abysmal. Lockdowns, no treatments, keepin kids out of school, Meh whatever, liberty and prosperity are overrated.

Yes, we have done poorly in almost every area

cc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821841/Lancet-accused-sitting-study-showing-human-transmission-Covid-suppressed-China.html">World's Most Famous Medical Journal The Lancet Is Accused Of Costing Lives By Sitting On A Study Showing Human Transmission Of Covid-19 That Was Suppressed By China

The Lancet, sat on vital information being suppressed by China proving that the Covid virus could jump from human to human and was spreading outside of Wuhan in the early days of the pandemic.

Its editors also failed to share critical evidence – given to them by brave Chinese scientists trying to alert the world to the danger of the new disease – that showed the new coronavirus could be spread by people who were not displaying symptoms.

The revelation has emerged in a new book by Sir Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust.

He was shocked by the behaviour of the journal, since speedy action is vital to deal with any emerging virus outbreak.

It adds to concern over The Lancet, which is at the centre of a controversy over the role of influential scientific media in appeasing the Chinese authorities and stifling debate about suggestions that Covid could have leaked from a Wuhan lab.

'At a time when every second counted, The Lancet seems to have been sitting on information to run as an exclusive rather than getting it out as fast as possible into the public domain,' said Tory MP Bob Seely.

[Seems China owns everyone and every thing]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416678 time=1627248270 user_id=88
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821841/Lancet-accused-sitting-study-showing-human-transmission-Covid-suppressed-China.html">World's Most Famous Medical Journal The Lancet Is Accused Of Costing Lives By Sitting On A Study Showing Human Transmission Of Covid-19 That Was Suppressed By China

The Lancet, sat on vital information being suppressed by China proving that the Covid virus could jump from human to human and was spreading outside of Wuhan in the early days of the pandemic.

Its editors also failed to share critical evidence – given to them by brave Chinese scientists trying to alert the world to the danger of the new disease – that showed the new coronavirus could be spread by people who were not displaying symptoms.

The revelation has emerged in a new book by Sir Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust.

He was shocked by the behaviour of the journal, since speedy action is vital to deal with any emerging virus outbreak.

It adds to concern over The Lancet, which is at the centre of a controversy over the role of influential scientific media in appeasing the Chinese authorities and stifling debate about suggestions that Covid could have leaked from a Wuhan lab.

'At a time when every second counted, The Lancet seems to have been sitting on information to run as an exclusive rather than getting it out as fast as possible into the public domain,' said Tory MP Bob Seely.

Dr Fauxci is equally guilty.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416678 time=1627248270 user_id=88
https://server4.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/spa/swl/swunanbzsw/srst/p2/news/article-9821841/Lancet-accused-sitting-study-showing-human-transmission-Covid-suppressed-China.html">World's Most Famous Medical Journal The Lancet Is Accused Of Costing Lives By Sitting On A Study Showing Human Transmission Of Covid-19 That Was Suppressed By China

Including our pm and the US president.

cc

Here's the garbage that Trudy initially had arranged for us - Thankfully China refused to deliver, so he had to shop elsewhere

https://news.yahoo.com/antibodies-sinovacs-covid-19-shot-142748493.html">China's Vaccine For COVID-19 Lasts Only 6 Months At Best

BEIJING (Reuters) – Antibodies triggered by Sinovac Biotech's COVID-19 vaccine decline below a key threshold from around six months after a second dose for most recipients, although a third shot could have a strong boosting effect, according to a lab study.

Chinese researchers reported the findings from a study of blood samples from healthy adults aged between 18-59 in a paper published on Sunday, which has not been peer reviewed.

For participants receiving two doses, two or four weeks apart, only 16.9% and 35.2% respectively still had a level of neutralising antibodies above the threshold six months after the second dose, the paper said.

Those readings was based on data from two cohorts involving more than 50 participants each, while the study gave third doses to a total of 540 participants.

[It does add further support to the concept of spreading out doses - but pretty lame staying power]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416742 time=1627330185 user_id=88
Here's the garbage that Trudy initially had arranged for us - Thankfully China refused to deliver, so he had to shop elsewhere

https://server9.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sxysml/shmvf/p2/antibodies-sinovacs-covid-19-shot-142748493.html">China's Vaccine For COVID-19 Lasts Only 6 Months At Best

BEIJING (Reuters) – Antibodies triggered by Sinovac Biotech's COVID-19 vaccine decline below a key threshold from around six months after a second dose for most recipients, although a third shot could have a strong boosting effect, according to a lab study.

Chinese researchers reported the findings from a study of blood samples from healthy adults aged between 18-59 in a paper published on Sunday, which has not been peer reviewed.

For participants receiving two doses, two or four weeks apart, only 16.9% and 35.2% respectively still had a level of neutralising antibodies above the threshold six months after the second dose, the paper said.

Those readings was based on data from two cohorts involving more than 50 participants each, while the study gave third doses to a total of 540 participants.

[It does add further support to the concept of spreading out doses - but pretty lame staying power]

Sinovac is a waste of money. :rules:

Anonymous

cc

2,065 today

Examining 2 graphs, down on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/israel/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/  ... one can see

1. Total cases - Extremely slow rise from April with some increase last few days

2. Total Deaths - to the eye a flat line since April > meaning very very few new ones

The stats where vaccinations are high keep supporting both efficiency and decreased severity of vaccines

As I mentioned before, UK has phenomenal last 10 weeks death rate of 0.16% (1 in 701 cases)  at moment & I'll add  Israel close at 0.18% (1 in 557 cases) --- Both of them several times better than any counties I can find

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416748 time=1627334318 user_id=88
2,065 today

Examining 2 graphs, down on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/israel/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/  ... one can see

1. Total cases - Extremely slow rise from April with some increase last few days

2. Total Deaths - to the eye a flat line since April > meaning very very few new ones

The stats where vaccinations are high keep supporting both efficiency and decreased severity of vaccines

As I mentioned before, UK has phenomenal last 10 weeks death rate of 0.16% (1 in 701 cases)  at moment & I'll add  Israel close at 0.18% (1 in 557 cases) --- Both of them several times better than any counties I can find

Are many fully vaccinated people in the UK catching the virus?

cc

That item I posted a few days ago told it in exact numbers for Delta variant (most cases) - I'm not sure where it is

If I recall correctly, Pfizer 88% effective against delta ... AZ was less so

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416750 time=1627336099 user_id=88
That item I posted a few days ago told it in exact numbers for Delta variant (most cases) - I'm not sure where it is

If I recall correctly, Pfizer 88% effective against delta ... AZ was less so

Okay, I'll have a look.