The best topic

Replies: 10582
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:18:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Several months ago Ottawa said they were sending out many test kits everywhere ... then crickets

But even if that brand didn't cut it, why are there not others out there assessing the appropriate people?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390570 time=1605495722 user_id=88
After all they have done .. . had tests ready day one almost .. antibodies seems easy  .. it's just a blood test and they can spot antibodies just as they can spot that a person has virus

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=390565 time=1605494472 user_id=2015
Maybe the test kits don't work. I just checked antibodies tests and it's been crickets worldwide for a while now.

Seems one of the easiest items to figure out

Edit - In fact they have serum treatments using a recovered patient's  blood to help other people fight it

in fact, how would they know how well a vaccine is working?  .. this is old stuff for them

I don't like what's going on about antibody testing

Trump gave emergency use approval for that. But, I don't know if it's frequently used to treat coronavirus patients.

cc

Point is that finding antibodies has been solved long ago .. so why are we not testing for them?

Trudy promised he had many kits and was sending them everywhere in the country .. that was months ago

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390583 time=1605497434 user_id=88
Point is that finding antibodies has been solved long ago .. so why are we not testing for them?

Trudy promised he had many kits and was sending them everywhere in the country .. that was months ago

Seoul told me he is prepared to pay good money for an antibodies test, but he can't find one.

Anonymous

After all they have done .. . had tests ready day one almost .. antibodies seems easy  .. it's just a blood test and they can spot antibodies just as they can spot that a person has virus

Maybe the test kits don't work. I just checked antibodies tests and it's been crickets worldwide for a while now.

Edit - In fact they have serum treatments using a recovered patient's  blood to help other people fight it

in fact, how would they know how well a vaccine is working?  .. this is old stuff for them

Ya, how do they know if the vaccine works without antibodies testing. So, we know the tests are out there.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=390605 time=1605503085 user_id=1689

Ya, how do they know if the vaccine works without antibodies testing. So, we know the tests are out there.

Exactly. They have known how to do it from the gitgo .. .so wtf is going on?

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390584 time=1605497555 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=390583 time=1605497434 user_id=88

Seoul told me he is prepared to pay good money for an antibodies test, but he can't find one.

I want to know if I have immunity. All of us who have recovered from the virus should be given an antibodies test.

cc

And periodically, like every few months

So WhereTF are the tests?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390620 time=1605508633 user_id=88
And periodically, like every few months

So WhereTF are the tests?

Precisely. I'm willing to pay for it, so give me an antibodies test.

Anonymous

Alberta had 773 new cases, and five deaths today..

That's a very high number, but it has been trending down from the weekend..

It's too early to see if the new rules the Kenney government implemented are working.

Anonymous

We had 240 new infections today. We have seventy one people in the hospital or ICU.

cc

We grew to 717 today .. I'm sure that's the worse ever .. and are starting to lose a lot of people after months of losing very few

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390841 time=1605666191 user_id=88
We grew to 717 today .. I'm sure that's the worse ever .. and are starting to lose a lot of people after months of losing very few

Most of the country is getting out of hand now. Hell, even Nunavut has a surge in cases.

Anonymous

I feel so sorry for restaurant owners in my city..

The specter of another lock down is real..

They don't know if they should buy more food and drink or not..

What a difficult situation.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390884 time=1605678873 user_id=3254
I feel so sorry for restaurant owners in my city..

The specter of another lock down is real..

They don't know if they should buy more food and drink or not..

What a difficult situation.

Jeez, I hadn't thought about that. Restuarants aint like clothing, hardware or electronics stores. Those type of stores don't sell perishables.