The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 22 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=365591 time=1591820330 user_id=114
Quote from: Odinson post_id=365589 time=1591819588 user_id=136
Paying all the bills has become so easy..

Just check all the squares and hit accept.

I dont understand why some people are complaining..

What are you talking about? Temporary pandemic income supports?

I just paid my bills...

And I wanted to share my amazement.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=365594 time=1591821030 user_id=136
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=365591 time=1591820330 user_id=114
Quote from: Odinson post_id=365589 time=1591819588 user_id=136
Paying all the bills has become so easy..

Just check all the squares and hit accept.

I dont understand why some people are complaining..

What are you talking about? Temporary pandemic income supports?

I just paid my bills...

And I wanted to share my amazement.

That's good.

Anonymous

It is best not to accumulate bills at all. It is best to save almost all your money and never spend on anything not essential. If you spend any money on anything other than food, shelter,clothes or vital utility services you are a waster of money. Invest, don't spend, ever.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=365633 time=1591842044
It is best not to accumulate bills at all. It is best to save almost all your money and never spend on anything not essential. If you spend any money on anything other than food, shelter,clothes or vital utility services you are a waster of money. Invest, don't spend, ever.

And CERB money is for beer and smokes right Mel.

Anonymous

No, CERB money is for essential needs and savings only. Beer and the like are a waste of money. Wether you are on CERB or making one million dollars a year save and never spend on anything other than, shelter, food, utility services, clothes and medicine. All other spending is needless and foolish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=365728 time=1591911308
No, CERB money is for essential needs and savings only. Beer and the like are a waste of money.

That's like an entertainment expense isn't it? How many Canadians are frittering away their CERB by posting here for shits and giggles again?

Anonymous

"Oh no, he went there! Quick Mabel, crank up the handy dandy excuse machine to explain why we should exempt forum posting from the war on Useless Spending!!!!"

Gaon

I might be back to close to full time hours by next month.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=366027 time=1592083584 user_id=3170
I might be back to close to full time hours by next month.

What's considered full time hours in that industry?

Gaon

I was working seventy plus hours a week. I might be able to get back to forty to fifty hours a week next month so says my local.

I am an HVAC tech.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

70 hours/week is too much if doing so long term.  Short term, to save some money or whatever I could see it, but it's too much to work those hours regularly.  All you do is work and sleep.

Some crews I worked with work crazy hours out of necessity (big mortgage or whatever) by freelancing other jobs on the weekend also.

In my industry, there is not much of an incentive to work over 40 hours.  Independents like me cannot bill for overtime (we could try, but would be laughed at), and company drivers are not paid for overtime either (even though they are entitled to it by labour law), so a lot of gravel truckers start crying loudly on the CB to each other with complaints once the day stretches must past eight hours!

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=366031 time=1592084781
70 hours/week is too much if doing so long term.  Short term, to save some money or whatever I could see it, but it's too much to work those hours regularly.  All you do is work and sleep.

Some crews I worked with work crazy hours out of necessity (big mortgage or whatever) by freelancing other jobs on the weekend also.

In my industry, there is not much of an incentive to work over 40 hours.  Independents like me cannot bill for overtime (we could try, but would be laughed at), and company drivers are not paid for overtime either (even though they are entitled to it by labour law), so a lot of gravel truckers start crying loudly on the CB to each other with complaints once the day stretches must past eight hours!

I agree Mel, Gaon works too many hours..

But, his story is not unusual for new immigrants.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=366043 time=1592088124 user_id=3254

One of my previous business acquaintances runs a fleet of trucks.  He offloads very little work to others, meaning the guy works like 14 hour days, six and even seven days/week.

Him and his wife had children a few years back, and speaking to him personally I could sense some remorse that he can't be as much a part of their upbringing as he'd like to be.  It's a family business, so he does have commitments to running the business, but a line must be drawn...  

When your kids are growing up fast, and you can never be around, it's time to sit back and possibly rethink a life of doing nothing but chasing after the all-mighty dollar from dawn to dusk.

Europe still somewhat encourages work/life balance, but Canada and especially the US still view running yourself ragged into the ground working as a positive thing.  It's not always positive.

Odinson

One of the exterior code-pads hasnt been cleaned in a while and you can see which 4 digits employees press..

Security.. Compromised.

But you are gonna have to disable the alarm as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=366048 time=1592089291
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=366043 time=1592088124 user_id=3254

One of my previous business acquaintances runs a fleet of trucks.  He offloads very little work to others, meaning the guy works like 14 hour days, six and even seven days/week.

Him and his wife had children a few years back, and speaking to him personally I could sense some remorse that he can't be as much a part of their upbringing as he'd like to be.  It's a family business, so he does have commitments to running the business, but a line must be drawn...  

When your kids are growing up fast, and you can never be around, it's time to sit back and possibly rethink a life of doing nothing but chasing after the all-mighty dollar from dawn to dusk.

Europe still somewhat encourages work/life balance, but Canada and especially the US still view running yourself ragged into the ground working as a positive thing.  It's not always positive.

It's Gaon's choice to work those hours.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview