News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Stating the Forgotten Obvious - Lock-down Greatly Increases Female & Child Abuse

Started by cc, March 22, 2020, 01:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"Well I looked it up recently about the ratio of murder suicide case...

80 perpetrators were men

3 were women so while it is true that men can be victims, the majority of victims are women, children and probably pets. (that never gets mentioned)

So we know there is a problem, where are the creative ideas to deal with it?

Most men would never strike a woman...even if the woman is striking him...if guys stick around, because of children, finances, both... they're no different than codependent women.... except they're ashamed and don't seek help because men aren't supposed to be abused and nobody believes them anyway...

I have no creative ways to deal with the abuse of either gender.... but I know it will get worse for both as lockdowns progress...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "caskur"Well I looked it up recently about the ratio of murder suicide case...

80 perpetrators were men

3 were women so while it is true that men can be victims, the majority of victims are women, children and probably pets. (that never gets mentioned)

Most men would never strike a woman...even if the woman is striking him...if guys stick around, because of children, finances, both... they're no different than codependent women.... except they're ashamed and don't seek help because men aren't supposed to be abused and nobody believes them anyway...

I have no creative ways to deal with the abuse of either gender.... but I know it will get worse for both as lockdowns progress...

I only saw one short segment on how one family were entertaining their children and you'd already done this years before. The family set up a tent for their kids to camp in the loungeroom.

I guess that might work for two days, but this is going to go one for months.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

80 perpetrators were men

I only saw one short segment on how one family were entertaining their children and you'd already done this years before. The family set up a tent for their kids to camp in the loungeroom.

I guess that might work for two days, but this is going to go one for months.

I'm teaching her to make food... preserve food... bake bread... and we watch a movie or two a day, or episode(I made her watch Three Musketeers and Hart of Dixie and she's oddly hooked)... she draws for me but I have to remind her to conserve paper in her drawing binder (have more but she doesn't know it yet)... let her have monkey hour every day... 60 minutes, timed, where she can run around and leap off of anything she wants... and I play with her (letting her put her slime toy compounds on my hands and press mini plastic beads into them then chasing her around)...

...we're doing okay... she wants to see her friends but she's distracted...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

My son LOVED movies with Shelly Long, Bette Midler, and many of those GREAT 80s comedies out of the USA before the world went total nuclear insane. John Candy movies were good too.  

See if you can get her a flute... and learn to play it or a harmonica...

Let her phone her friends.

Teaching her to cook is a great idea.

Learn how to make "Mock Fish"...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"My son LOVED movies with Shelly Long, Bette Midler, and many of those GREAT 80s comedies out of the USA before the world went total nuclear insane. John Candy movies were good too.  

See if you can get her a flute... and learn to play it or a harmonica...

Let her phone her friends.

Teaching her to cook is a great idea.

Learn how to make "Mock Fish"...

It's 2020, Caskur... we'll be ok...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Not just with homos... there's a reason relationships work long term... because the guy and the girl either separate so he can go to work, or they both do... there are a lot of bullied and shell shocked blokes out there...

...if they don't neck themselves, they turn up to places like the Men's Sheds...

ac_wot

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Not just with homos... there's a reason relationships work long term... because the guy and the girl either separate so he can go to work, or they both do... there are a lot of bullied and shell shocked blokes out there...

...if they don't neck themselves, they turn up to places like the Men's Sheds...

ac_wot

Safe spaces for lads, Fash...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_shed">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_shed
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Yes, there are men abused by women .. many just try to self protect and for some reason stay

And often the dominant gay also .. male or female

Still, by a wide margin, the male is the abuser of woman and of kids .. which is usually worse than the other way around, because in most cases male is stronger physically

Sometimes Dinky needs to supply a translation, lol
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"A cop in Texas has been tested positive for COVID-19 so now the police in Texas said they will no longer be responding to calls. Great. Crime will go up.

My brother still enforces the law.

Very good. He is in Toronto, right?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"A cop in Texas has been tested positive for COVID-19 so now the police in Texas said they will no longer be responding to calls. Great. Crime will go up.

He's in rural Manitoba.

@realAzhyaAryola

He's in rural Manitoba.

Got it. My youngest wants to be an enforcer of the law. I am not for it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

He's in rural Manitoba.

My brother loves his career in law enforcement..

But, I can understand your concern as a mother.

cc

Ya. As parents we are protective. It's good when the child is young, and hard to give it up.

We usually don't think about the fact that we live in a world of risk where lives that appear to be lived safe can be snuffed in a split second no matter how safe they play it .. some jobs can have more risk .. still, we must force ourselves to drop that  at a certain point and let them follow their dreams

Anonymous

He's in rural Manitoba.

My brother loves his career in law enforcement..

But, I can understand your concern as a mother.

It's not a career that ever interested me. It's a calling that few people are cut out for.

cc

I guess I look at life as we are all different .. different interests, different skills .. different desires .. different aspirations

Each their own unique person

I strongly believe that personal preferences and characteristics of each individual, so long as they are not unethical,  should be respected, understood as best we can ...  and respected

Dealing with how a person "ticks" is our problem if we make it one