The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Get Out China - Feds move to block China-owned telecom service from operating in US

Started by cc, April 09, 2020, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363804 time=1590605083 user_id=88
Aha - "Meng Wanzhou loses key court fight, must stay in B.C. to fight extradition"

https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng ... -ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/

The B.C. Supreme Court has ruled against Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in a major decision this morning.

The decision, released Wednesday by Justice Heather Holmes, means Meng must stay in Canada and keep fighting the U.S. extradition order.

The legal arguments centre on whether the allegations Meng is facing in the United States would be a crime in Canada.

The United States has charged her with fraud over allegations she violated American sanctions against Iran, which she and the Chinese telecommunications giant have denied.

You got me watching Global a lot Fash!!

I aint sure if this is good or bad. Your thoughts ceec?

cc

Well, a step .. it continues  .. not sure of ending but I sure hope they give her to the US

Giving secret  info to Iran from US soil  should get one trouble
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363830 time=1590611552 user_id=88
Well, a step .. it continues  .. not sure of ending but I sure hope they give her to the US

Giving secret  info to Iran from US soil  should get one trouble

I didn't mean that. I mean we can forget about getting those two Canadians out of Chinese detention. And will we they punish us using trade.

cc

Dunno. We have spent the last 2 decades + digging our hole so that China could control us

I know we are digging out now, but it will be a while before we get our independence back

At moment we have no leverage to get anyone back ..  combating trade pressure is difficult and a part of the hole we dug

Anonymous

Days after Meng's arrest, China's then-ambassador to Ottawa warned of "repercussions" if Canada were to exclude Huawei gear from its 5G network.

cc

And the longer we cowtow to them, the more and longer we will be controlled

Things have changed greatly on the world stage - Most Western countries now openly admit to the pariah and know they much they must change everything to do with it .. in effect turn old ways upside down . We need join the club for support

There's a new tide in town!!! If we try to buck that tide, we will be alone

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363842 time=1590615116 user_id=88
And the longer we cowtow to them, the more and longer we will be controlled

Things have changed greatly on the world stage - Most Western countries now openly admit to the pariah and know they much they must change everything to do with it .. in effect turn old ways upside down . We need join the club for support

There's a new tide in town!!! If we try to buck that tide, we will be alone

I don't believe much will change this time..

I hope I'm wrong though.