Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Rant: Store Employees That Don't Speak English

Started by Anonymous, October 19, 2013, 02:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I broke my turkey baster yesterday, so I go to the Terwillegar Walmart to buy one and have it ready for the next time I cook a buzzard. Busy as hell, had to park along way from the main doors. I go to housewares only one employee, can barely speak English and she doesn't know what a turkey baster is. No other employee around so I go to customer service. Only two people there and the one that can speak English is busy helping someone. I get another FOB idiot with even worse English than the one before and of course has no idea what a baster is. Nobody around that can speak English or Mandarin so I get pissed off storm out, drive to Dollarama and buy one there.

What the fuck are these twits doing working in places where English communication is a necessary part of the job? If you don't understand English, get a fucking factory job and stop wasting the public's time. :x

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I broke my turkey baster yesterday, so I go to the Terwillegar Walmart to buy one and have it ready for the next time I cook a buzzard. Busy as hell, had to park along way from the main doors. I go to housewares only one employee, can barely speak English and she doesn't know what a turkey baster is. No other employee around so I go to customer service. Only two people there and the one that can speak English is busy helping someone. I get another FOB idiot with even worse English than the one before and of course has no idea what a baster is. Nobody around that can speak English or Mandarin so I get pissed off storm out, drive to Dollarama and buy one there.

What the fuck are these twits doing working in places where English communication is a necessary part of the job? If you don't understand English, get a fucking factory job and stop wasting the public's time. :x

Maybe she cannot get a factory job or she doesn't want to do that..

I do most of our shopping at Wal Mart, it must be impossible to know where every single item is located..

Perhaps you should try to be a little more patient with people Shen Li.

jaysings

what u experienced never happens in Walmart in vancouver. not a chance to get a decent job without English otherwise than by interpersonal relationship. decent and good-prospective positions here are short and competitve

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"what u experienced never happens in Walmart in vancouver. not a chance to get a decent job without English otherwise than by interpersonal relationship. decent and good-prospective positions here are short and competitve

Wal Mart in Vancouver only hires people with good English?

Odinson

We have had troubles with foreign doctors... They do not speak finnish and they speak very poor english.

People have died because of wrong medication.

Morons hire foreigners because they are cheaper.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We have had troubles with foreign doctors... They do not speak finnish and they speak very poor english.

Wages for retail in Canada are the same for foreigners as they are for native born.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"We have had troubles with foreign doctors... They do not speak finnish and they speak very poor english.

Wages for retail in Canada are the same for foreigners as they are for native born.

Foreigners are cheap labour here because they do not know how much money they can ask per hour... Even the max salary is not much..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Foreigners are cheap labour here because they do not know how much money they can ask per hour... Even the max salary is not much..

Most people in retail make minimum wage or slightly above. The exception would be electronics where many stores pay their salespeople by commission.

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "jaysings"what u experienced never happens in Walmart in vancouver. not a chance to get a decent job without English otherwise than by interpersonal relationship. decent and good-prospective positions here are short and competitve

I meant that employees are capable to get a job only if they are able to fluently communicate with customers in English. whether diploma is required depends on what position they seek for.

jaysings

:?  where are u living? there are really lacking labours to work, right?

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

I meant that employees are capable to get a job only if they are able to fluently communicate with customers in English. whether diploma is required depends on what position they seek for.

They would have to be able to at least complete an application iand interview in English for any job anywhere..

I think Shen Li might be exaggerating how poor the English was of the employees she encountered.

jaysings

They would have to be able to at least complete an application iand interview in English for any job anywhere..

I think Shen Li might be exaggerating how poor the English was of the employees she encountered.

I think so. I don't believe that people with poor english are permitted to have a job in a company like walmart.

Anonymous

I think so. I don't believe that people with poor english are permitted to have a job in a company like walmart.

That's true jaysings, they would be unable to pass an interview if they could not speak English.

jaysings

That's true jaysings, they would be unable to pass an interview if they could not speak English.

At the early time I would have got a job if having english communication skill were not compulsory for any positions in Canada.

Anonymous

At the early time I would have got a job if having english communication skill were not compulsory for any positions in Canada.

Unless you work in a Chinese restaurant like I did for five years...I rarely used English.