The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Price on haircut gone up

Started by Vancouver, May 22, 2020, 04:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

Got that haircut. Low fade on the sides. Went from $20 to $24. With a $6 tip that's $30 for a cut. All customers are require  to wear face mask.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: TheVancouverGuy post_id=363168 time=1590136660 user_id=65
Got that haircut. Low fade on the sides. Went from $20 to $24. With a $6 tip that's $30 for a cut. All customers are require  to wear face mask.

I'll find if they jacked up their prices in Manitoba when I go tomorrow for a haircut.

Erica Mena

Barbers are supposed to open here in June. I just want the nail salon to open lol
<t></t>

Superchecker

$15 buzz cut, no increase, but $2 if they supply you a mask. Gave him $20, and to keep the change...
<t></t>

Blazor

I've been using clippers and shaving my own head for 20 years almost lol. Total cost = $10 for the clippers. Thats .50 cent a year folks lol. Matter of fact, think I'll shave again today, been 3 weeks lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

My hairstylist hasn't raised her prices.

Anonymous

I cut my own hair when I had the coronavirus. I will let it grow out another week before I get a proper haircut.

Berry Sweet

I think I'm gonna cut my own hair.  No one can ever cut my hair the way I want anyway.  It will be difficult in the back, but it should be fun!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=363238 time=1590210407 user_id=164
I think I'm gonna cut my own hair.  No one can ever cut my hair the way I want anyway.  It will be difficult in the back, but it should be fun!

Will this be the first time you ever attempted to cut your hair Berry?

Is it because you are afraid of catching the virus?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363239 time=1590210732 user_id=3254

No.  I use to cut my own hair in my 20's, did my own bangs too.  Then I turned into a mom and didn't have time.

I have really long hair and it's wavy...it's hard to find a good stylist...I'm artsy fartsy and it should turn out fine.

I'm not worried about the virus...I've been working and doing errands the entire time and I never got sick.  I will be keeping an eye on the news and watching the numbers.

How about you, are you worried about the virus?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=363241 time=1590212581 user_id=164
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363239 time=1590210732 user_id=3254

No.  I use to cut my own hair in my 20's, did my own bangs too.  Then I turned into a mom and didn't have time.

I have really long hair and it's wavy...it's hard to find a good stylist...I'm artsy fartsy and it should turn out fine.

I'm not worried about the virus...I've been working and doing errands the entire time and I never got sick.  I will be keeping an eye on the news and watching the numbers.

How about you, are you worried about the virus?

I don't want to catch it, but if I do, I do..

Without a vaccine, most of us will eventually catch it..

If I do get the virus, I'll avoid seeing my mother and my mother in law face to face..

We'll be fine.

Berry Sweet

Sometimes I wonder if I'm immune to flu viruses?  Last time I had the flu, I was 7 years old.  I remember being very sick but after that, I never got it again.  I don't get flu shots either.  Same with the chicken pox, never got them...my parents made me hang out with kids who had them, and I never got it.  I'm lucky if I catch the common cold.  I'm a smoker and a midnight toker too, so really bizarre.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=363243 time=1590213242 user_id=164
Sometimes I wonder if I'm immune to flu viruses?  Last time I had the flu, I was 7 years old.  I remember being very sick but after that, I never got it again.  I don't get flu shots either.  Same with the chicken pox, never got them...my parents made me hang out with kids who had them, and I never got it.  I'm lucky if I catch the common cold.  I'm a smoker and a midnight toker too, so really bizarre.

Apparently smokers are more likely to have mild symptoms of COVID.

Anonymous

Quote from: Superchecker post_id=363175 time=1590156945 user_id=101

$15 buzz cut, no increase, but $2 if they supply you a mask. Gave him $20, and to keep the change...

I haven't paid $15 in a long time. I pay $25. I'll find out today if it's gone up.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=363250 time=1590221418 user_id=2015
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=363243 time=1590213242 user_id=164

Apparently smokers are more likely to have mild symptoms of COVID.

Yeah, I read they are more of a target.  I have to wear a mask and gloves at work, but I go out for smokes and to be honest, I don't sanitize my hands like they recommend, I don't wash my clothes immediately when I get home, I don't lysol or bleach my place.  I mean, I clean like normal but I don't go out of my way to panic clean.  I'm fine.

One thing I've always done and will continue to do, is not touch public door handles if possible, I use my shoulder, elbow or foot to open a door...not cause of tge virus, cause I don't know what sexual infections people have, how often they are touching themselves and what they are spreading...to me thats more gross than the covid.

I mean, who knows...I go to the store to buy smokes and who knows what dude before me touched the door handle and was jacking off on his drive to the store with a dirty penis....that runs thru my mind more than covid.