The best topic

Replies: 10355
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:01:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

For 20 Years Now...

Started by Anonymous, June 29, 2020, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I keep saying "Tomorrow is the Day"...  I want it to be, but so far tomorrow hasn't been the day.

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=369541 time=1593769581
I keep saying "Tomorrow is the Day"...  I want it to be, but so far tomorrow hasn't been the day.

You can't do it on your own. I don't care what kind of half-assed advice you have been given by Nancy Reagan types "Just Say No" :oeudC: . That doesn't work for most addicts. Addiction is very difficult to beat. Long term success is elusive for most but studies show that addicts who have some kind support system have a better chance at a successful outcome.

You need some kind of support group be it family,  friends, a therapist, AA or whatever.

Just wishing it away is not going to work any more than wishing a fix for your ruptured asshole is going to stop the blood stains in your shorts.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=369551 time=1593781641 user_id=156

You can't do it on your own. I don't care what kind of half-assed advice you have been given by Nancy Reagan types "Just Say No" :oeudC: . That doesn't work for most addicts. Addiction is very difficult to beat. Long term success is elusive for most but studies show that addicts who have some kind support system have a better chance at a successful outcome.

You need some kind of support group be it family,  friends, a therapist, AA or whatever.

Just wishing it away is not going to work any more than wishing a fix for your ruptured asshole is going to stop the blood stains in your shorts.

We have someone here who overcame addiction to be sober for fifteen years..

I know he had support.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=369551 time=1593781641 user_id=156

He's not doing it on his own. I've already given him a tool he can try, the "not today" method worked admirably for me, if it works for him it's not going to require some "help group" to open his mind and fill it with some other bullshit replacement addiction of their devising.

Like the 12 Step program for instance. Used in three quarters of treatment centers, over half of it is aimed at telling the addict they are useless and must submit to some deity instead. "Put your faith in the shy fairy instead of yourself, that pretend ideal is far more worthy of your trust than yourself"... yeah, real confidence builder right there. One more moon-eyed door-knocker spouting the "God helped me and he can help you too" mantra... yeah, no thanks. Taking addicts and getting them addicted to something else is not treating the problem, merely the symptom. You still have an addict at the end of it, and worse still they are running about filling other peoples heads with fairytales about hairy jews getting nailed to trees, benevolent daddies who mysteriously stand by and let it happen under the presumption it forgives us for our fuckups and the contradiction that even after all this, the addict still has to grovel for every last fuckup for forgiveness and Mr Sky Fairy will mete out favour... if he feels like it.

Well I've never met the sky fairy so I cannot comment with authority one way or the other on the notion that some "higher power" with priorities so far out of whack as to keep psychoanalysts busy for centuries actually exists. But I do know that I exist; I also know what I am capable of in terms of success and failure and most important of all, I can, have and will continue to accept Responsibility for not only my failures, but my successes too. I earned that, it wasn't granted to me by some higher power, certainly not one who on the face of it is telling me "well I can't/won't accept responsibility for my part in creating a flaw in my image, but you can accept it on my behalf and spend your days thanking me for it". Fuck that noise.

You might be right in presuming Mel might not be equal to the task. The truth is he is not going to know unless he tries. If the best advice he gets is "you will fail until you pray to muh mythological mutant star goat for help" then he will never truly liberate himself from the addiction, merely shift his drug of choice to something else. What he certainly won't be doing is recognising any power he has to take charge of his own life and under his own steam, because some greedy, grasping altarboy fondler has put it into the congregation's head that the only path to personal happiness and fulfillment is via ancient superstitions and we'd all better get on our knees and bow and scrape to it.

But hey, what would I know right? To hear you tell it, the last two decades of me successfully holding my own habits at bay and without groveling to Mr Sky Fairy for the privilege is clearly a Nancy Reagan inspired experience that nobody else should aspire to and we should do all we can to shape and mould Mel into the kind of person who runs about stealing Nintendo Switches and posting here about it.

Renee

Quote from: Guest post_id=369572 time=1593798019

. I've already given him a tool he can try, the method worked admirably for me, if it works for him it's not going to require some "help group" to open his mind and fill it with some other bullshit replacement addiction of their devising.

Like the 12 Step program for instance. Used in three quarters of treatment centers, over half of it is aimed at telling the addict they are useless and must submit to some deity instead. "Put your faith in the shy fairy instead of yourself, that pretend ideal is far more worthy of your trust than yourself"... yeah, real confidence builder right there. One more moon-eyed door-knocker spouting the "God helped me and he can help you too" mantra... yeah, no thanks. Taking addicts and getting them addicted to something else is not treating the problem, merely the symptom. You still have an addict at the end of it, and worse still they are running about filling other peoples heads with fairytales about hairy jews getting nailed to trees, benevolent daddies who mysteriously stand by and let it happen under the presumption it forgives us for our fuckups and the contradiction that even after all this, the addict still has to grovel for every last fuckup for forgiveness and Mr Sky Fairy will mete out favour... if he feels like it.

Well I've never met the sky fairy so I cannot comment with authority one way or the other on the notion that some "higher power" with priorities so far out of whack as to keep psychoanalysts busy for centuries actually exists. But I do know that I exist; I also know what I am capable of in terms of success and failure and most important of all, I can, have and will continue to accept Responsibility for not only my failures, but my successes too. I earned that, it wasn't granted to me by some higher power, certainly not one who on the face of it is telling me "well I can't/won't accept responsibility for my part in creating a flaw in my image, but you can accept it on my behalf and spend your days thanking me for it". Fuck that noise.

You might be right in presuming Mel might not be equal to the task. The truth is he is not going to know unless he tries. If the best advice he gets is "you will fail until you pray to muh mythological mutant star goat for help" then he will never truly liberate himself from the addiction, merely shift his drug of choice to something else. What he certainly won't be doing is recognising any power he has to take charge of his own life and under his own steam, because some greedy, grasping altarboy fondler has put it into the congregation's head that the only path to personal happiness and fulfillment is via ancient superstitions and we'd all better get on our knees and bow and scrape to it.

But hey, what would I know right? To hear you tell it, the last two decades of me successfully holding my own habits at bay and without groveling to Mr Sky Fairy for the privilege is clearly a Nancy Reagan inspired experience that nobody else should aspire to and we should do all we can to shape and mould Mel into the kind of person who runs about stealing Nintendo Switches and posting here about it.

Okay then,  :oeudC: Where to start? I'm not quite sure I know where and I'm not quite sure I want to. But here goes.

First I just want to address the long windedness of it all... Don't feel bad or take this personal because I have perpetrated my fair share of long winded twaddling on forums as well and I am probably about to do so again. I fully understand where you are coming from; you have scads of info to impart, an obsessive need to be thorough and a wish to be seen as more than just a run of the mill poster...I get it. I also want to say that I have often silently chided myself for being that way...It has led me to all too often go back and edit, condense and reevaluate and agonize over my posts needlessly. I've always striven to impart as much information as possible while trying very hard not to lose the reading audiance. This is what happens when you start treating forum venues like this as place of information exchange rather than what they are meant to be...a place of diversionary entertainment.

Now just one more thing regarding your post,  your opening statement contradicts the entire premise of what you wanted to say. Forgive me if I have misconstrued your intent but when you say "He's not doing it on his own" and then go on to lay out the virtues of the "not today" method; are you not implying that he is better off going about dealing with his addiction on his own? You openly state that if he follows the "not today" method he will not require any type of support, meaning that he will be on his own....Am I missing something here?

It appears to me that you simply used this thread as a means to express an extreme distain for any form of outside help or support especially those that use religion as a basis of their method. Why you feel that way is of no concern to me. I simply do not care what your beef with Christ or God or church is, or why or how it has come to pass. Furthermore I never expressly mentioned turning to God or any other higher power for Mel's benefit. I do know that there are individuals here that lean upon the cross in their daily lives and my attitude has always been..."whatever works for them is fine by me". I am not here to judge, belittle or criticize what gives them the strength to get through life. I am also not here as an advocate of any one individual method of support.

Obviously right from the getgo you have mistaken me for someone who actually gives a shit and that was your first mistake. I hope these few paragraphs have impressed upon you that I am here only to pick apart the stupidity that gets laid before me at my leisure and I do this purely for my own entertainment. I'm sorry that you wasted time and effort thinking otherwise.

Anonymous

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman post_id=369664 time=1593812357 user_id=1689
One long winded post begets another.

Renee fucked Simple C'nt up tho.

Not that it's hard to do since he's such an utter fuckwit with a myriad of personality disorders but I enjoyed the curb stomping none-the-less  :laugh:

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Renee post_id=369659 time=1593811254 user_id=156

. I've already given him a tool he can try, the method worked admirably for me, if it works for him it's not going to require some "help group" to open his mind and fill it with some other bullshit replacement addiction of their devising.

Okay then,  :oeudC: Where to start? I'm not quite sure I know where and I'm not quite sure I want to. But here goes.

First I just want to address the long windedness of it all...

Oh you haven't seen anything.

I can pull up a thread where he goes on a full assjuice dripping tirade with thirty thousand words just so he could tell me that he thinks my cock is too small to invoke his gag reflex and I'm not worth responding too.

I spin this Aspergers afflicted gimp up at least once a month just for the sheer laughter of it all.

Ins't that right @StuntedCunt ?

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=369664 time=1593812357 user_id=1689
One long winded post begets another.

Yeah, funny that. And the obligatory desperate pompom waving from the forum tranny did not go unnoticed either, but he's had a stick up his ass where I am concerned ever since he got outed for being both transgender and a lover of ribbed plastic in his anus.

If I didn't like the heights, I wouldn't have climbed the mountains I guess. I'm sure I can deal with some washed up arrogant Neigh-Neigh.

Quote from: Renee post_id=369659 time=1593811254 user_id=156

First I just want to address the long windedness of it all... Don't feel bad or take this personal because I have perpetrated my fair share of long winded twaddling on forums as well and I am probably about to do so again. I fully understand where you are coming from; you have scads of info to impart, an obsessive need to be thorough and a wish to be seen as more than just a run of the mill poster...I get it. I also want to say that I have often silently chided myself for being that way...It has led me to all too often go back and edit, condense and reevaluate and agonize over my posts needlessly. I've always striven to impart as much information as possible while trying very hard not to lose the reading audiance. This is what happens when you start treating forum venues like this as place of information exchange rather than what they are meant to be...a place of diversionary entertainment.

Now just one more thing regarding your post,  your opening statement contradicts the entire premise of what you wanted to say. Forgive me if I have misconstrued your intent but when you say "He's not doing it on his own" and then go on to lay out the virtues of the "not today" method; are you not implying that he is better off going about dealing with his addiction on his own? You openly state that if he follows the "not today" method he will not require any type of support, meaning that he will be on his own....Am I missing something here?

It appears to me that you simply used this thread as a means to express an extreme distain for any form of outside help or support especially those that use religion as a basis of their method. Why you feel that way is of no concern to me. I simply do not care what your beef with Christ or God or church is, or why or how it has come to pass. Furthermore I never expressly mentioned turning to God or any other higher power for Mel's benefit. I do know that there are individuals here that lean upon the cross in their daily lives and my attitude has always been..."whatever works for them is fine by me". I am not here to judge, belittle or criticize what gives them the strength to get through life. I am also not here as an advocate of any one individual method of support.

Obviously right from the getgo you have mistaken me for someone who actually gives a shit and that was your first mistake. I hope these few paragraphs have impressed upon you that I am here only to pick apart the stupidity that gets laid before me at my leisure and I do this purely for my own entertainment. I'm sorry that you wasted time and effort thinking otherwise.

...she says, conveniently ignoring the fact she (a) gave a shit enough to be as longwinded as I and (b) operating under the presumption I was in any way interested in playing identiy games when the truth of the matter is I was merely offering another poster an alternative and smacking some dickhead upside the head when she insisted it couldn't be done that way.

Yes Neigh-neigh, you are missing something here; it's called "rational argument", but given your rabid antipathy for Mel is running at levels only heretofore evidenced by broken trannies as they throw their toys out of the cot to the point people fold their tents and leave the tantrum tent known as SG, I suppose you can be forgiven. I notice it completely slipped through to the keeper when I said "it may not work for Mel", the obvious take-away from that being that he too could crawl from the bottom of his bottle of plonk and into the bottomless bottle of God if the better option failed him. Your obvious rush for him to eschew that better option for that with your "it'll nevah werrrrrrk" says to me you'd be happy if he were to become a completely hopeless basketcase a-la Ratchet says to me that you would be only to happy to see him settle for second best, if only it gave you something to think yourself superior to.

And I'd have been only happy to keep that conclusion safely anonymous, but as you can see I have my own little shadow, desperately trying to use me for a leg-up and finding himself completely lacking in testosterone and complimentary voices to lend weight to his burgeoning vinegar-tittied breast-beaing. Be a duck and go fondle his emptily flapping scrotum for us, he's feeling terribly neglected and all.

Biggie Smiles

I didn't read any of sperm cups textual menstruation  but it would appear that sperm cup is still crying

Hey Sorry C'nt  , go have a conversation with looney about my cock. It'll make you feel better  ac_toofunny

Odinson

Melskie..

You need goals in life..

Try doing this with your dirtbike.

https://www.kuvaton.com/kuvei/kyytiin_.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jersey Gurl" post_id=369770 time=1593876088 user_id=3214
Why doesn't everyone obsess over my peeeeenis instead, waaaaaah

Fixed.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=369821 time=1593902938 user_id=136
Melskie..

You need goals in life..

Try doing this with your dirtbike.

https://www.kuvaton.com/kuvei/kyytiin_.gif">

Oh my.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview