News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

China's Three Gourges Dam is deforming...

Started by Frood, August 02, 2020, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I am not an engineer, why can't they reinforce the dam.

cc

That would be very difficult to do effectively, virtually impossible if the bottom is sliding as many think is happening
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Further, concrete cannot move without some of it crushing, further weakening structure

cc

I'm a tad embarrassed. Mate's filthy rich contractor uncle was heavily involved in the concrete and re bar part of it .. As the entire structure is concrete and re bar, that includes the parts in the middle and right side  that are moving  ac_blush

He had a lifetime of building concrete structures like huge bridges etc so they contracted with his company to oversee and advise.

His son, mate's first cousin, lived there for a few years to manage construction

As it was built by China and they consulted / managed construction for the Chinese company, I   don't think  they gave a warranty ac_smile

Fash: They also did several large projects in Taiwan .. his uncle was in Taipei during the last big earthquake

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2019/07/08/Three-Gorges-Dam-20092018.jpg">

Have heard it stated that the base is sliding - My instinct tells me it would be anchored with piles.

I'm not sure if its sliding or bending .. and of course China's is saying as little as possible

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373923 time=1596475115 user_id=88
That would be very difficult to do effectively, virtually impossible if the bottom is sliding as many think is happening

Maybe, they could place something or things at base to prevent further sliding. Just thinking out loud.

Odinson

The picture is distorted..

Look at the building on the left..

Its not shaped like a cooked spaghetti in real-life.

The whole picture looks kinda wonky... Like it has been distorted by the rising warm air.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373827 time=1596407626 user_id=1676
If it goes, 10 billion cubic metres of water will wipe out China's manufacturing base and kill millions of people.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2019/07/08/Three-Gorges-Dam-20092018.jpg">

Rather, when it goes...

In other news, the CCP is putting up flyers on the street telling people to abide by air raid sirens, don't look directly at atmospheric explosions, find underground shelter, and be prepared...

What are the chances China blows up its own dam and blames it on the West.

As a side note, Wuhan would be decimated by a dam break....thus spreading covid even further...

Something smells fishy...

(Not you, Shen...)  ac_hithere

No problem, we'll just get Odi to stick his finger in a dike. ac_razz

Frood

He might need two hands.

Dikes sometimes take two hands to plug....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373948 time=1596491685 user_id=1676
He might need two hands.

Dikes sometimes take two hands to plug....

Like most of Odi's dates.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=373945 time=1596491244 user_id=56

Most dykes don't want guys sticking their fingers in them ... although, for sure that will stop them from dripping for "dam" sure ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373953 time=1596492858 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=373945 time=1596491244 user_id=56

Most dykes don't want guys sticking their fingers in them ... although, for sure that will stop them from dripping for "dam" sure ac_smile

A picture of Odi or even mentioning his name will have the same effect.

Anonymous

This thread took an unexpected turn..

Well, not really, Shen Li showed up.

Odinson

I dont know what the hell is going on here..

I´m offended and turned on at the same time.