News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

UpDate - First Nation in Kamloops Kid Burial Sites - Where Are the Bodies???

Started by cc, May 28, 2021, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=412238 time=1622315935 user_id=136
Good plan.

But it was poorly executed.

They are still savages.

Canada's oil and gas sector relies on hard working Aboriginals as well as investment from savvy Aboriginal bands. However, too many reserves have corrupt band councils with little to no accountability.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=412239 time=1622318644 user_id=56
Quote from: Odinson post_id=412238 time=1622315935 user_id=136
Good plan.

But it was poorly executed.

They are still savages.

Canada's oil and gas sector relies on hard working Aboriginals as well as investment from savvy Aboriginal bands. However, too many reserves have corrupt band councils with little to no accountability.

I wonder if the cultural assimilation schools were partially successful then.

Maybe its because of them that some of the indians are decent citizens.

Cold hard fact is that their original culture is obsolete.

cc

This happened a long time ago and these schools have been taken over by Govt  long ago...

You can't make a turd smell nice
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412195 time=1622266406 user_id=3254
The problem is that the people who committed horrific crimes against children are dead now.

Yeah they are.  Sadly, this is just the tip of the iceberg...expect more.  

I just realized that the 0lace where I went to where I felt there were dead bodies in the ground was indeed Kamloops...I was thinking of another residential school I was at where I had that feeling...there's probably bodies at that one too 😔

cc

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=412267 time=1622337699 user_id=164
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412195 time=1622266406 user_id=3254
The problem is that the people who committed horrific crimes against children are dead now.

Yeah they are.  Sadly, this is just the tip of the iceberg...expect more.  

I just realized that the 0lace where I went to where I felt there were dead bodies in the ground was indeed Kamloops...I was thinking of another residential school I was at where I had that feeling...there's probably bodies at that one too 😔

There have been past cases of this going on

I agree. Expect more with this one as the trigger to look harder & wider

cc

It's already in motion

https://globalnews.ca/news/7905262/residential-school-grave-site-framework/">Kamloops discovery prompts call for formal framework to investigate mass graves

The discovery of a mass grave at a former Kamloops residential school highlights the need for a formal, legal and human rights framework to investigate similar sites in Canada, says a B.C. legal scholar and advocate.

Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond heads the University of British Columbia's Indian Residential School History and Dialogue Centre, and formerly served as the province's advocate for children and youth.

""A mass grave is a crime scene, it is not a historic site or a heritage site," Turpel-Lafond told Global News."

The Kamloops Indian Residential School is but one of many where Turpel-Lafond says Indigenous people have reported children disappearing, but have been given little or no state support to investigate.

cc

https://globalnews.ca/news/7904830/repatriate-kamloops-residential-school-remains/">Work underway for forensics experts to identify and repatriate B.C. school remains

Plans are being made to identify and return home the remains of more than 200 children found buried at the site of a former residential school in British Columbia's Interior, says a provincial Indigenous leader.

The Kamloops Indian Band wants to undertake the "heart-wrenching" process to eventually tell the stories of the children and bring peace to their families, said Terry Teegee, Assembly of First Nations regional chief.

The effort could involve the B.C. Coroners Service, the Royal B.C. Museum and forensics experts, he said.

Berry Sweet

Good.  I don't understand why this wasn't done years ago?

Hey, maybe I missed something but, what lead to the discovery of the bodies?

Berry Sweet

They used ground-penetrating radar

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-columbia/2021/5/29/1_5448481.html">https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-c ... 48481.html">https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-columbia/2021/5/29/1_5448481.html

But, what lead them to finally do this?  That's what I want to know...

cc

The radar physically found them, but people pushed and hired the radar guy..

so to answer  "what lead them to finally do this?" I'd answer "because people pushed"

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Berry Sweet

cc

It does.

I believe I recall there were Anglican & Catholic  church schools that got caught with similar also .. brief headlines and then forgotten .. and no govt really dug into this whole thing