News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Well, ... Let's See How This One Works Out (Iran President Election Friday)

Started by cc, June 16, 2021, 10:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iranians-head-polls-friday-meet-hardliner-likely-succeed-rouhani">As Iranians Head To Polls Friday, Meet The Hardliner Likely To Succeed Rouhani

Ebrahim Raisi (right) greets his ally Ayatollah Khamenei, via BBC .... hmmmmm

https://assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/iranelection.jpg?itok=DWMujWvu">

BY TYLER DURDEN for Zero Hedge

Iran's presidential election which will see a new leader in office as Hassan Rouhani steps down due to term limits is once again pitting Islamic hardliners against centrists or "moderates". Rouhani himself has long represented the moderate faction, striking the 2015 nuclear deal with the West and currently seeking its restoration through the Vienna negotiations. But this chapter looks to imminently come to an end.

Iranians head to the polls on Friday, June 18, in a race that's boiling down between ultraconservative Ebrahim Raisi - currently the head of the judiciary - against his main rival Abdolnaser Hemmati, a centrist former head of of the Central Bank of Iran. A close ally of Ayatollah Khamenei, Raisi is the clear favorite to win, also amid widespread Western allegations that the outcome has already been engineered by the Islamic Republic's powerful conservative clerics. CNN for example writes, "Iran's political elite has decided that the next face of the Islamic Republic should be a figure steeped in its conservative roots and directly linked to some of the darkest chapters of its history," including overseeing periodic crackdowns on dissidents.

Despite the seven candidates in the race, with live televised debates and large political rallies over this past month, CNN comments further that "Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline judiciary chief with a brutal record on human rights, is running virtually uncontested in this week's presidential election, after Iran's clerical rulers barred most of his rivals from the race to replace outgoing Hassan Rouhani."

The US mainstream is broadly predicting increasing isolation for Tehran based on a Raisi victory, as well as more severe crackdowns on any domestic dissent. [cc - "No Shiite"]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=413602 time=1623897216 user_id=88
https://server3.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/snqoqucguq/spqr/p2/geopolitical/iranians-head-polls-friday-meet-hardliner-likely-succeed-rouhani">As Iranians Head To Polls Friday, Meet The Hardliner Likely To Succeed Rouhani

Ebrahim Raisi (right) greets his ally Ayatollah Khamenei, via BBC .... hmmmmm

https://assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/iranelection.jpg?itok=DWMujWvu">

BY TYLER DURDEN for Zero Hedge

Iran's presidential election which will see a new leader in office as Hassan Rouhani steps down due to term limits is once again pitting Islamic hardliners against centrists or "moderates". Rouhani himself has long represented the moderate faction, striking the 2015 nuclear deal with the West and currently seeking its restoration through the Vienna negotiations. But this chapter looks to imminently come to an end.

Iranians head to the polls on Friday, June 18, in a race that's boiling down between ultraconservative Ebrahim Raisi - currently the head of the judiciary - against his main rival Abdolnaser Hemmati, a centrist former head of of the Central Bank of Iran. A close ally of Ayatollah Khamenei, Raisi is the clear favorite to win, also amid widespread Western allegations that the outcome has already been engineered by the Islamic Republic's powerful conservative clerics. CNNadvice.a mple writes, "Iran's political elite has decided that the next face of the Islamic Republic should be a figure steeped in its conservative roots and directly linked to some of the darkest chapters of its history," including overseeing periodic crackdowns on dissidents.

Despite the seven candidates in the race, with live televised debates and large political rallies over this past month, CNN comments further that "Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline judiciary chief with a brutal record on human rights, is running virtually uncontested in this week's presidential election, after Iran's clerical rulers barred most of his rivals from the race to replace outgoing Hassan Rouhani."

The US mainstream is broadly predicting increasing isolation for Tehran based on a Raisi victory, as well as more severe crackdowns on any domestic dissent. [cc - "No Shiite"]

A free and fair election. :laugh3:

cc

I won't say how significant and dangerous a President Puppet to the 9 real head guys  in the funny dresses is to the world until election / once it really happens  .. but it does look very bad at this point

but I think y'all know anyhow that it would be the killer blow  for any chance of a peaceful world

Compounding it, already Hiden is sniffing the hair of the head guy   .. and has a hand up under his dress to pleasure him

Anonymous

I am no Iran expert, but what can an Iranian president really do. They are not the real power in that country.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=413643 time=1623963415 user_id=114
I am no Iran expert, but what can an Iranian president really do. They are not the real power in that country.

They are not, but they have at least "by appearance" have somewhat  tempered  the fanatical guys in the funny dresses

"Their" guy as President allows the fanatical leaders to take the gloves off completely - and anyone less fanatic will never get elected again

In my view it will mean war that will spread into many places

I have always seen it as a war not on Israel, rather a simple part of the 900 yr Shia / Sunni war for control of all of islam .. i.e. they are creating tools for a war aimed at Sunni countries  

You remember in school having someone point and say loudly - "Oh wow, look over there" .. and all heads and eyes turned toward  "there" ... and the unsuspecting get smacked in the back of the head from behind .. and it worked every time over and over .. even some girls employed it I'm told  :43(2):

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=413647 time=1623964433 user_id=88
I have always seen it as a war not on Israel, rather a simple part of the 900 yr Shia / Sunni war for control of all of islam .. i.e. they are creating tools for a war aimed at Sunni countries  

That's it.

cc

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/no-matter-who-wins-the-election-the-iranians-certainly-lose-fdd.html">No matter who wins Iran's election, 'the Iranian people will certainly lose

KEY POINTS

Iran has only one important voter in Friday's election — Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Behnam Ben Taleblu of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

"So you could say whoever wins, of the candidates that you mentioned ... the Iranian people will certainly lose," he told CNBC's "Capital Connection" on Friday.

cc

Judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi is seen as the race's favourite over a lack of real competition, but Iran's presidential elections have regularly led to surprises since 1997.

Results are expected around noon (0730 GMT) Saturday. If no clear winner emerges, a runoff will be held on June 25, defying predictions.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=413724 time=1624070332 user_id=88
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/no-matter-who-wins-the-election-the-iranians-certainly-lose-fdd.html">No matter who wins Iran's election, 'the Iranian people will certainly lose

KEY POINTS

Iran has only one important voter in Friday's election — Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Behnam Ben Taleblu of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

"So you could say whoever wins, of the candidates that you mentioned ... the Iranian people will certainly lose," he told CNBC's "Capital Connection" on Friday.

The presidential election is a big whatever. Khameni has the real power.

cc

Exactly

That said, as one mentioned above, who he gets to win is an indicator of Iran's direction, at home and abroad.

That is the only significance of the election

cc

Hardliner Raisi will become president

Published1 hour ago

Hardliner Ebrahim Raisi has won Iran's presidential election in a race that was widely seen as being designed to favour him.

He thanked Iranians for their support, after securing 62% of the votes.

Mr Raisi is Iran's top judge and holds ultra-conservative views. He is under US sanctions and has been linked to past executions of political prisoners.

Iran's president is the second-highest ranking official in the country, after the supreme leader.

{This, and more importantly the fact that  Khamenei (the  boss) made it happen indicates a rough ride for Iranians

but more widely a rough ride for the world

I will predict war high tensions throughout the Middle East & ultimately a very hot war

While regular Shiaism  evolved to conquer Sunni-ism and rule all of islam, this sect that controls Iran adds a "different touch" to that

Hardliners in Iran are Shia "12 vers", an Armageddonist  Sect that revels at / dreams of  the idea of fighting, ultimately losing  and all of them being killed' so they can go to Allah's "Special 12ver Heaven" that is only for them ... but occurs only as a result of all out war with the Sunnis (and likely others .. anyone who will kill all of them in Allah's war that kills all of them)

.. a war they have been building up to start ... but this signals that they will now proceed full bore toward making happen.

That is what this is all about - along with taking over islam temporarily as a start of the process
}

cc

Further: While nuclear weapons were not known at the time the sect was formed, obviously that is today the easy way to trigger the sequence they want leading to their ultimate  demise.

I predict they will detonate a nuclear weapon or weapons  upon another state or states which will trigger an enormous reply that will achieve their objective to be killed in a huge war so that they can go to their "special Shia 12ver heaven"

Gaon

The Russian Rock It

cc

Quote from: Gaon post_id=413751 time=1624122837 user_id=3170
Joe Biden's weak leadership emboldens the Iranian regime.

Yes it does, bigtime. Between that (and no doubt as a result of that) the Shia 12ver wet dream is now on full bore