Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Fully vaxxed U.S. citizens can enter Canada Aug. 9, rest of world Sept. 7

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2021, 11:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents will be allowed into Canada as of Aug. 9, joined by the rest of the world Sept. 7, federal officials announced Monday as the country prepares to lower border barriers that were erected to limit the spread of COVID-19.

However, the United States is not currently planning to reciprocate by easing travel restrictions on would-be Canadian visitors hoping to go south of the border.

Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said he briefed Homeland Security Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas about the steps Canada intended to take, but got no indication that the U.S. would be following suit before the existing restrictions are set for renewal on Wednesday.

"He indicated to me at this time they have not yet made a decision; they anticipate their measures would likely be (extended) on July 21," Blair told a news conference announcing the changes.

"They are obviously considering additional measures and data, but at the present time they have not indicated any plan to make any changes in the current border restrictions that are in place."

That imbalance is sure to aggravate domestic political tensions around the border issue in the U.S., where a growing chorus of congressional lawmakers have been pressing President Joe Biden and his officials to embrace their vaccination success to date and ease international travel restrictions.

Rep. Brian Higgins, the New York member of Congress who has spearheaded the American campaign, said as much in a statement Monday as he cheered the Canadian measures.

"It is extremely frustrating that the U.S. government has failed to reciprocate current family exemptions already allowed by the Canadian government and failed to show a lack of urgency to make any progress on this side of the border toward lifting restrictions," Higgins said.

"The U.S. has neglected to give reopening the northern border the serious attention it deserves, and there is no excuse. Failure to co-ordinate this announcement in a binational way will only lead to confusion among travelers."

https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u-s-citizens-can-enter-canada-aug-9-rest-of-world-sept-7-846386/#:~:text=Fully%20vaccinated%20U.S.%20citizens%20and,the%20spread%20of%20COVID%2D19">https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u- ... COVID%2D19">https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u-s-citizens-can-enter-canada-aug-9-rest-of-world-sept-7-846386/#:~:text=Fully%20vaccinated%20U.S.%20citizens%20and,the%20spread%20of%20COVID%2D19.

This is frustrating. We open our border to non essential travel by vaccinated Americans, but they don't reciprocate.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416184 time=1626794000 user_id=114
Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents will be allowed into Canada as of Aug. 9, joined by the rest of the world Sept. 7, federal officials announced Monday as the country prepares to lower border barriers that were erected to limit the spread of COVID-19.

However, the United States is not currently planning to reciprocate by easing travel restrictions on would-be Canadian visitors hoping to go south of the border.

Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said he briefed Homeland Security Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas about the steps Canada intended to take, but got no indication that the U.S. would be following suit before the existing restrictions are set for renewal on Wednesday.

"He indicated to me at this time they have not yet made a decision; they anticipate their measures would likely be (extended) on July 21," Blair told a news conference announcing the changes.

"They are obviously considering additional measures and data, but at the present time they have not indicated any plan to make any changes in the current border restrictions that are in place."

That imbalance is sure to aggravate domestic political tensions around the border issue in the U.S., where a growing chorus of congressional lawmakers have been pressing President Joe Biden and his officials to embrace their vaccination success to date and ease international travel restrictions.

Rep. Brian Higgins, the New York member of Congress who has spearheaded the American campaign, said as much in a statement Monday as he cheered the Canadian measures.

"It is extremely frustrating that the U.S. government has failed to reciprocate current family exemptions already allowed by the Canadian government and failed to show a lack of urgency to make any progress on this side of the border toward lifting restrictions," Higgins said.

"The U.S. has neglected to give reopening the northern border the serious attention it deserves, and there is no excuse. Failure to co-ordinate this announcement in a binational way will only lead to confusion among travelers."

https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u-s-citizens-can-enter-canada-aug-9-rest-of-world-sept-7-846386/#:~:text=Fully%20vaccinated%20U.S.%20citizens%20and,the%20spread%20of%20COVID%2D19">https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u- ... COVID%2D19">https://www.cheknews.ca/fully-vaxxed-u-s-citizens-can-enter-canada-aug-9-rest-of-world-sept-7-846386/#:~:text=Fully%20vaccinated%20U.S.%20citizens%20and,the%20spread%20of%20COVID%2D19.

This is frustrating. We open our border to non essential travel by vaccinated Americans, but they don't reciprocate.

Who the fuck cares. Who'd want to go to the US anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=416190 time=1626795139 user_id=56

I do. I want to go golfing in Florida in January.

Anonymous

Jim Crow Joe won't let vaccinated Canadians enter the US to spend money, but he put out a welcome mat at the Southern border for COVID carrying illegal aliens who will suck taxpayers dry.

cc

Me. Would be nice to see my daughter who is only 30 miles away

PS: There was something about a test within 72 hours before coming into Canada

Also US has not moved, so it's really a confused mess
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=416205 time=1626803030 user_id=1689
Jim Crow Joe won't let vaccinated Canadians enter the US to spend money, but he put out a welcome mat at the Southern border for COVID carrying illegal aliens who will suck taxpayers dry.

Well of course. That's what Dems do. 0 did the same ... future voters & ABSOLUTE control, eh?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416213 time=1626807155 user_id=88

Me. Would be nice to see my daughter who is only 30 miles away

PS: There was something about a test within 72 hours before coming into Canada

Also US has not moved, so it's really a confused mess

The US is a confused country. I don't have family living there. It's easy for me to avoid that country and that's excatly what I'll do.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416215 time=1626807618 user_id=88

Well of course. That's what Dems do. 0 did the same ... future voters & ABSOLUTE control, eh?

Obama never had a pandemic on the scale of COVID-19 to deal with.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416219 time=1626809312 user_id=3254

True. What I was referring to was 0's penchant for opening the boarder period  .. . and in fact encouraging illegals to enter .. I should have been more specific

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416222 time=1626810079 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416219 time=1626809312 user_id=3254

True. What I was referring to was 0's penchant for opening the boarder period  .. . and in fact encouraging illegals to enter .. I should have been more specific

But, didn't he also deport a lot more illegal aliens than his predecessor, George W. Bush.

cc

Not sure how many if any deportions

I do know terrible border situation of him taking in so many  greatly helped trump win

Of course, now it's a great deal worse than even when 0 was in

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416235 time=1626819963 user_id=88

I do know terrible border situation of him taking in so many  greatly helped trump win

I remember some media pundits were calling Obama the "deporter-in-chief."

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416235 time=1626819963 user_id=88

Obama opened the borders and sent them back. It depended on which ways the political winds were blowing.

cc

Bottom line, he caused a lot to stay .. and without approval or papers