Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Fully vaxxed U.S. citizens can enter Canada Aug. 9, rest of world Sept. 7

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2021, 11:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I wish people would just let go of that Israel thingy until we see a LOT more stats to support or refute it

I'm amazed we are not getting more stats .. although in general terms Canada said the very opposite ... dramatically the opposite .. like almost no vaccinated getting infected ... but poorly sourced .. then nada since
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416476 time=1627059298 user_id=88
I wish people would just let go of that Israel thingy until we see a LOT more stats to support or refute it

If it's proven wrong, I'll let go of it. I hope that happens.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416475 time=1627059030 user_id=3254
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416471 time=1627058506 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=416469 time=1627058019 user_id=88

Fully vaccinated makes it better, although I'm waiting on more stats of how vaxx is actually doing vs variants .. So far, not enough data to really know

Israeli data says it's not as effective as first thought. It'll be interesting to see if a third booster will change that.

But, data from Israel also shows it reduces the severity of symptoms.

Even their ability to prevent transmission against variants is not as good as first thought, they are still effective as treatments.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416478 time=1627060056 user_id=114
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416475 time=1627059030 user_id=3254
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416471 time=1627058506 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=416469 time=1627058019 user_id=88

Fully vaccinated makes it better, although I'm waiting on more stats of how vaxx is actually doing vs variants .. So far, not enough data to really know

Israeli data says it's not as effective as first thought. It'll be interesting to see if a third booster will change that.

But, data from Israel also shows it reduces the severity of symptoms.

Even their ability to prevent transmission against variants is not as good as first thought, they are still effective as treatments.

I read that link from Israel. It still showed that Pfizer was 64% effective against variants.

cc

That's pretty crappy ... will never control an epidemic with that ... key is to reduce spreaders

I don't get it why we are not seeing regular stats - it's easy for govts to do it - they check each case for vaxx status

Dunno why there are none - till I see a few others, I'll not take the Israeli one seriously

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416480 time=1627060644 user_id=88
That's pretty crappy ... will never control an epidemic with that ... key is to reduce spreaders

I don't get it why we are not seeing regular stats - it's easy for govts to do it - they check each case for vaxx status

Dunno why there are none - till I see a few others, I'll not take the Israeli one seriously

C'mon, assuming that number is correct, 64% is helpful.

cc

"Helpful" means we are a long way from normal

Again, until we get more stats from others that one is moot to me

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416482 time=1627061303 user_id=88
"Helpful" means we are a long way from normal

Again, until we get more stats from others that one is moot to me

It means nothing to me either. I'm fully vaccinated. I know I got good fucking protection against the rona and the variants.

Anonymous

Vaccines are still the best defense we have against vartiants. But, they may need to be tweaked.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=416486 time=1627065063 user_id=2015
Vaccines are still the best defense we have against vartiants. But, they may need to be tweaked.

And they will be..

Like cc said, we need more data on vaccines and variants.

cc

Here's another flaw in that absurd Israel thingy

It's the only country I track that shows  exactly the same "death / case" rate for past 10 weeks vs. from the gitgo to today ... both rates stuck at 0.75%

That just doesn't wash   :confused1:

ALL other heavily vaxxed places are way down for recent cases  .. for example:

Canada 1.86% Overall vs. 0.83% Last 10 weeks

BC 1.19%   vs. 0.72%

Alberta 1.00% vs.   0.44%

Quebec 2.98%   vs. 0.64%

So based on their published numbers, Israel is NOT showing better recovery after vs. before all the vaccinations ... everything in that report is horseshit

and in fact even their published official tabulations just don't wash

To assess vax vs. infection and severity, we desperately need some real numbers of "infection and severity" in recent cases in our own country and provinces .. or anywhere  .. . although the "Overall vs. Recent %s" above do tell a positive story in themselves

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416498 time=1627077518 user_id=88
Here's another flaw in that absurd Israel thingy

It's the only country I track that shows  exactly the same "death / case" rate for past 10 weeks vs. from the gitgo to today ... both rates stuck at 0.75%

That just doesn't wash   :confused1:

ALL other heavily vaxxed places are way down for recent cases  .. for example:

Canada 1.86% Overall vs. 0.83% Last 10 weeks

BC 1.19%   vs. 0.72%

Alberta 1.00% vs.   0.44%

Quebec 2.98%   vs. 0.64%

So based on their published numbers, Israel is NOT showing better recovery after vs. before all the vaccinations ... everything in that report is horseshit

and in fact even their published official tabulations just don't wash

To assess vax vs. infection and severity, we desperately need some real numbers of "infection and severity" in recent cases in our own country and provinces .. or anywhere

That does seem strange.