Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

More mayhem from the Madlands

Started by Bricktop, December 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=454952 time=1654099292 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454827 time=1654058172 user_id=1560
Quote from: Herman post_id=454766 time=1654050291 user_id=1689

Ya, you are Okie and that's why old Herman loves ya. Now if you could see the shit those frickin badgers cause to my farm you would understand why I need my rifles.

Nothing I've said would disbar people with a genuine need for a firearm, including primary producers, from possessing one.

I think we're finally reaching common ground.

I'm pretty sure I've been clear that I am no advocate for the complete removal of firearms, and that there are substantial reasons for their possession in some areas, particularly in primary production. I have no problem at all with that.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455138 time=1654124848 user_id=1560
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=454952 time=1654099292 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454827 time=1654058172 user_id=1560
Quote from: Herman post_id=454766 time=1654050291 user_id=1689

Ya, you are Okie and that's why old Herman loves ya. Now if you could see the shit those frickin badgers cause to my farm you would understand why I need my rifles.

Nothing I've said would disbar people with a genuine need for a firearm, including primary producers, from possessing one.

I think we're finally reaching common ground.

I'm pretty sure I've been clear that I am no advocate for the complete removal of firearms, and that there are substantial reasons for their possession in some areas, particularly in primary production. I have no problem at all with that.

Sometimes when tempers flare, things like this are forgotten.

Bricktop

OK...but I haven't noticed flared tempers, other than Freud's infantile tantrums...but they hardly count as contributions to reasoned discussion.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455210 time=1654129775 user_id=1560
OK...but I haven't noticed flared tempers, other than Freud's infantile tantrums...but they hardly count as contributions to reasoned discussion.

Old Herman's behaviour has been perfect. :43(2):

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=455217 time=1654131050 user_id=1689

Dude, if we liven in the same town we'd be the greatest of buddies!!!

ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455249 time=1654137136 user_id=1560
Quote from: Herman post_id=455217 time=1654131050 user_id=1689

Dude, if we liven in the same town we'd be the greatest of buddies!!!

ac_drinks

Hell, I might have even shared a thimble of my finest swish with you.

Anonymous

I wish I lived close to Bricktop too..

But, after seeing a picture of his house, I couldn't afford to be his neighbour.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=455254 time=1654137769 user_id=1689

Hell, I might have even shared a thimble of my finest swish with you.

Might? Might?

I will drink you under the table...so you're gonna need a LOT of swish!!!

I will, of course, provide a bottle of Islay's finest.

Breakfall

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455131 time=1654124697 user_id=1560
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=454875 time=1654086856 user_id=3358

Self-preservation. South Africa, like America has a lot of street crime and home invasion. Arming honest law-abiding citizens makes perfect sense. But gun education is paramount. I legally carried a gun at 17 years of course, and I couldn't see a 21 year young Aussie these days having the same responsibility as I had...that's for sure.

It's relative to the violence. Australia is like God's country by comparison.

Interesting.

Perhaps this explains the following; "A more alarming finding for South Africans is that the country was found to have the second highest rate of gun-related deaths in the world at 9.4 deaths per 100,000 people."

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/91284/south-africa-is-the-second-worst-country-for-gun-deaths-in-the-world/">//https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/91284/south-africa-is-the-second-worst-country-for-gun-deaths-in-the-world/

Again, further evidence to the proposition that the more "legal" guns a country has, the higher the rate of gun related deaths.

It seems to elude gun proponents that the ONLY source of weapons available to "criminals" and the deranged is from the stockpile of "legally" owned and acquired guns, unless, of course, there exists somewhere in the world a gun manufacturer that produces weapons for villains and misfits only.

South Africa is hardly a shining example of gun control and certainly no case for the argument that arming people ensures greater protection.

I'm talking in my day, Apartheid, which was dismantled in 93' to 94'. The current government in power, ANC, was a former terrorist and has effectively driven South Africa into the mud. Most of the crime in South Africa are committed by black South Africans. I'm not been racist, but rather factual. I don't beat around the bush. Crime is rife there today because of an incompetent and corrupt government...the legacy left by the late terrorist and arsehole, Nelson Mandela.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455330 time=1654155424 user_id=3358
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455131 time=1654124697 user_id=1560
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=454875 time=1654086856 user_id=3358

Self-preservation. South Africa, like America has a lot of street crime and home invasion. Arming honest law-abiding citizens makes perfect sense. But gun education is paramount. I legally carried a gun at 17 years of course, and I couldn't see a 21 year young Aussie these days having the same responsibility as I had...that's for sure.

It's relative to the violence. Australia is like God's country by comparison.

Interesting.

Perhaps this explains the following; "A more alarming finding for South Africans is that the country was found to have the second highest rate of gun-related deaths in the world at 9.4 deaths per 100,000 people."

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/91284/south-africa-is-the-second-worst-country-for-gun-deaths-in-the-world/">//https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/91284/south-africa-is-the-second-worst-country-for-gun-deaths-in-the-world/

Again, further evidence to the proposition that the more "legal" guns a country has, the higher the rate of gun related deaths.

It seems to elude gun proponents that the ONLY source of weapons available to "criminals" and the deranged is from the stockpile of "legally" owned and acquired guns, unless, of course, there exists somewhere in the world a gun manufacturer that produces weapons for villains and misfits only.

South Africa is hardly a shining example of gun control and certainly no case for the argument that arming people ensures greater protection.

I'm talking in my day, Apartheid, which was dismantled in 93' to 94'. The current government in power, ANC, was a former terrorist and has effectively driven South Africa into the mud. Most of the crime in South Africa are committed by black South Africans. I'm not been racist, but rather factual. I don't beat around the bush. Crime is rife there today because of an incompetent and corrupt government...the legacy left by the late terrorist and arsehole, Nelson Mandela.

I was under the impression Nelson Mandela was a pillar of stability compared to his successors.

Anonymous

There was another mass shooting, this time at a medical centre in Oklahoma..

Four people ared dead including the gunman.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455514 time=1654199034 user_id=3254
There was another mass shooting, this time at a medical centre in Oklahoma..

Four people are dead including the gunman.

The shooter was a patient at that hospital.

Bricktop

The firearm, yet another AR 15, was legally acquired.

The gunman slaughtered 4 people because of "back pain".

This is the lunacy and utterly deranged response of American politicians;

">

Do you still trust this demented and unhinged country?

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455561 time=1654206879 user_id=1560
The firearm, yet another AR 15, was legally acquired.

The gunman slaughtered 4 people because of "back pain".

This is the lunacy and utterly deranged response of American politicians;

">

Do you still trust this demented and unhinged country?

No more than my own.

Bricktop

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455330 time=1654155424 user_id=3358

OK. Sorry. Misunderstood.

I think the plight of an ANC governed South Africa is well known. The breakdown of law and order, public utilities and rampant corruption are there for all the world to see.

I suspect that at some point South Africa will emulate Zimbabwe despite the wealth and high living standards created by white South Africa (mostly for the whites it must be said).

But it seems South Africa is no longer a first world country, but a borderline third world basket case.

America is a first world country proclaiming itself superior to all others. It may be hard to convince THEM otherwise, but it behests all other nations to adopt a realistic attitude in its relationship with it. If it cannot be trusted to be honest with its own people, it sure as shiny shit cannot be trusted to be honest with other nations, friend or foe.