The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

More mayhem from the Madlands

Started by Bricktop, December 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=455564 time=1654208025 user_id=2015

No more than my own.

Harsh judgment. Whilst I recognise that Canada has some problems with its current government, I've not seen evidence of broad scale corruption, deceit and criminal conduct at high levels that we witness in the US.

Australia, too, has its issues. Every country does. But we are a far cry from the collapsing bastion of America.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455581 time=1654213219 user_id=1560
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=455564 time=1654208025 user_id=2015

No more than my own.

Harsh judgment. Whilst I recognise that Canada has some problems with its current government, I've not seen evidence of broad scale corruption, deceit and criminal conduct at high levels that we witness in the US.

Australia, too, has its issues. Every country does. But we are a far cry from the collapsing bastion of America.

That is only because they don't cover our news. This is a country with a dictator who leaned on his justice minister to break the law. A country that donates hundreds of millions of dollars to a charity that the pm's family members are paid members. A country that imprisons without bail a woman who dares speak out against the government and gives convicted Arab terrorist killers millions of taxpayer dollars.

This country is every bit as screwed up as our Southern neighbour. You just don't hear about it.

Bricktop

Sad. I'm rather pleased someone like Trudeau isn't our PM.

But since Albanese won the election, we maybe won't have to wait long.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455601 time=1654214802 user_id=1560

I read climate change was at the top of the list of what Australian voters want addressed..

After seven years of Justin Trudeau's climate hysteria, life will get more expensive for Australians if your PM elect follows what Justin Trudeau has done.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455638 time=1654217361 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455601 time=1654214802 user_id=1560

I read climate change was at the top of the list of what Australian voters want addressed..

After seven years of Justin Trudeau's climate hysteria, life will get more expensive for Australians if your PM elect follows what Justin Trudeau has done.

And it has all been in vain. It aint slowed climate change one iota.

Breakfall

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=455577 time=1654213045 user_id=1560
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455330 time=1654155424 user_id=3358

I'm talking in my day, Apartheid, which was dismantled in 93' to 94'. The current government in power, ANC, was a former terrorist and has effectively driven South Africa into the mud. Most of the crime in South Africa are committed by black South Africans. I'm not been racist, but rather factual. I don't beat around the bush. Crime is rife there today because of an incompetent and corrupt government...the legacy left by the late terrorist and arsehole, Nelson Mandela.

OK. Sorry. Misunderstood.

I think the plight of an ANC governed South Africa is well known. The breakdown of law and order, public utilities and rampant corruption are there for all the world to see.

I suspect that at some point South Africa will emulate Zimbabwe despite the wealth and high living standards created by white South Africa (mostly for the whites it must be said).

But it seems South Africa is no longer a first world country, but a borderline third world basket case.

America is a first world country proclaiming itself superior to all others. It may be hard to convince THEM otherwise, but it behests all other nations to adopt a realistic attitude in its relationship with it. If it cannot be trusted to be honest with its own people, it sure as shiny shit cannot be trusted to be honest with other nations, friend or foe.

Absolutely. South Africa went from 1st world/developed to 2nd world/developing in less than a decade. The previous President is actually serving time for corruption. There are constant riots and looting. Even the police get involved in looting, filling up their "paddy wagons" with TVs and various stolen goods. It absolute chaos. Yeah...it's taking the same route as Zimbabwe that's for sure.

With some of the highest murder rates in the entire world, the only option is to arm oneself. Home invasion is all too common, and when the blacks break in, they come bearing guns, knives and machetes. They enjoying hacking bodies to pieces. Women get raped first of course.

Cry, the beloved country...

By comparison Americans are living the dream.

Frood

South Africa pioneered the mercury based briefcase nuke... targeted medium explosion, much death, no radioactivity after a few weeks.

A number of them were never accounted for.... their payloads would have decayed by now, but the units can and are probably refitted and in the hands of unknown entities.... private and government.

But that's government for ya.... on top of shit until they're not.
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=455840 time=1654241527 user_id=1676
South Africa pioneered the mercury based briefcase nuke... targeted medium explosion, much death, no radioactivity after a few weeks.

A number of them were never accounted for.... their payloads would have decayed by now, but the units can and are probably refitted and in the hands of unknown entities.... private and government.

But that's government for ya.... on top of shit until they're not.

Yeah...the South African military back in the day was a force to be reckoned with. Sadly, only the Chinese train the South African terrorists of today.

Anonymous

Motive-unhappy with surgery results.

A 45-year-old man shot and killed four people and himself at a medical office in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on June 1 after he complained about back pain, officials confirmed on June 2.

The gunman was identified by the Tulsa Police Department as Michael Louis. Police on June 1 initially identified the suspect as a black male between the ages of 35 and 40, saying that he had a handgun and rifle.

Louis bought a rifle on the same day as the attack before killing St. Francis Hospital doctors Preston Phillips and Stephanie Husen. The other two victims were identified as receptionist Amanda Glenn and patient William Love, Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said during a June 2 news conference.

Franklin told reporters that he targeted Phillips following a recent surgery, "On May 19, Michael Louis went into the hospital for a back surgery."

Officials discovered a letter on Louis in which he said he came in to kill Phillips and "anyone who got in his way," Franklin said, adding that he blamed Phillips for ongoing back pain.

The suspect was released on May 24 but "right after release, Louis called several times over several days complaining of pain and wanted additional treatment," the chief stated. "He blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the surgery," Franklin said.

On May 31, Louis was evaluated by Phillips, an orthopedist, again for additional treatment. But on June 1, Louis called his office "complaining of back pain and wanting additional assistance," Franklin said.

https://twitter.com/JCooperTV/status/1532384690249904128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1532384690249904128%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theepochtimes.com%2Fpolice-identify-tulsa-hospital-shooting-suspect-say-he-targeted-doctor-over-back-pain_4508171.html">https://twitter.com/JCooperTV/status/15 ... 08171.html">https://twitter.com/JCooperTV/status/1532384690249904128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1532384690249904128%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theepochtimes.com%2Fpolice-identify-tulsa-hospital-shooting-suspect-say-he-targeted-doctor-over-back-pain_4508171.html

https://www.theepochtimes.com/police-identify-tulsa-hospital-shooting-suspect-say-he-targeted-doctor-over-back-pain_4508171.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe-nonai&utm_campaign=mb-2022-06-03-nonai&utm_medium=email&est=F6kjMPQsC2XDRuXjf0eoqeRp7cLnuDu4R%2FLUUcNT45ALwegwHPkuHcmlImbAJgO6xA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/police-id ... O6xA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/police-identify-tulsa-hospital-shooting-suspect-say-he-targeted-doctor-over-back-pain_4508171.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe-nonai&utm_campaign=mb-2022-06-03-nonai&utm_medium=email&est=F6kjMPQsC2XDRuXjf0eoqeRp7cLnuDu4R%2FLUUcNT45ALwegwHPkuHcmlImbAJgO6xA%3D%3D

Bricktop

So, to all the gun proponents out there...how do you keep guns from the hands of criminals before they commit criminal actions?

ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=456137 time=1654293619 user_id=1560
So, to all the gun proponents out there...how do you keep guns from the hands of criminals before they commit criminal actions?

ac_umm

In Canada's case, start enforcing immigration laws at the border. Don't let people walk across the border with cases full of guns. Second, stop giving early releases to thugs convicted of crimes with guns. That would be a good start.

Bricktop

Why not simply ban firearms from private possession without some form of justification, such as primary producers?

Why do you NEED guns?

ac_dunno

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=456172 time=1654298318 user_id=1560
Why not simply ban firearms from private possession without some form of justification, such as primary producers?

Why do you NEED guns?

ac_dunno

Because you can ban weapons but you can't enforce the ban

And that usually helps criminals more than the population in general.

You don't have to ban guns, you have to ban the wackos who might use it
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Rancidmilko

My Australian friend, here in my country, weapons are hard to come by.

And yet, even with 30% less people than the US, we kill twice as much

Not uncommon to see people dying in robberies from weapons made with simple tools like drills and materials like steel cylinders

Or rusty old weapons from 120 years ago, but all you need is one shot

My guess is that mass shootings will diminish if the US gets disarmed like we we got

But you'll see a huge increase in crimes. Criminals will be more brazen and they'll shoot for nothing, like it happens here all the time

The other day some wacko set fire on a bunch of children in a daycare

But I have to say, these events are rare. Mass shootings here happen, but they're usually gang related. But ask me if I feel safer because of that fact.

Banning weapons while talking about disbanding the police departments, going completely lax on criminals, liberal judges and prosecutors.

Please don't tell me you can see any good in that recipe.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Breakfall

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=456230 time=1654302680 user_id=2853
My Australian friend, here in my country, weapons are hard to come by.

And yet, even with 30% less people than the US, we kill twice as much

Not uncommon to see people dying in robberies from weapons made with simple tools like drills and materials like steel cylinders

Or rusty old weapons from 120 years ago, but all you need is one shot

My guess is that mass shootings will diminish if the US gets disarmed like we we got

But you'll see a huge increase in crimes. Criminals will be more brazen and they'll shoot for nothing, like it happens here all the time

The other day some wacko set fire on a bunch of children in a daycare

But I have to say, these events are rare. Mass shootings here happen, but they're usually gang related. But ask me if I feel safer because of that fact.

Banning weapons while talking about disbanding the police departments, going completely lax on criminals, liberal judges and prosecutors.

Please don't tell me you can see any good in that recipe.

I heard that wacko was a child too, a teenager. Gun control is needed for sure.

Back in SA, guns were also hard to come by. One can't have a criminal record and hold a licence...well at least during Apartheid when there was civility. Mandela's legacy has ended civility and crime is through the roof. It's put mud on the face of many political  'analysts'.

Gun control hasn't stopped criminals in SA. We should all have the right to protect our families if the need arises. Bottom line.