Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

An interesting idea about taxation

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2014, 06:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

A poster on Vancouver Forum expressed an idea about taxes that I had never before.

No I am not trolling.

My position is that everybody in Canada gets the same services for the taxes that they pay. But why should a high income earner pay more for those same services as a low income earner.

Two men in hospital, one makes $200/yr and the other makes $40/yr, both getting their appendix taken out, both will receive the exact same treatment and services, except the higher income earner paid more for his service. Is that fair??

Why is it that discrimination is considered to be so bad except when it come to high income earners??

Oh, he's a high income earner, let the fkr pay a higher rate!! Why is that??

So why don't we extend this discrimination practice even further.

Supposed you go to a restaurant for a steak sandwich, and because you are a high income earner you should pay more for that sandwich so that lard ass can also enjoy the same steak sandwich as you but because he is a low income earner he should pay less for the sandwich.

Or what about groceries, should lard ass be entitled to the same groceries as you? So you should pay more and he would pay less but in the end, you both would have the same quality of groceries!! Fair??

Is this the kind of selective discrimination society you would like to see Loch??

No, my position is that if you live in Canada, everybody pays exactly the same fixed tax amount, say as a starter $20k/yr. With this amount your entitled to exactly the same service as everybody else.

No more discrimination based on income earned !!

I really don't know what to say about this?

Ms. Real Woman, Mr. Obvious Li, Ms. Renee, Shen Li any thoughts about this?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"A poster on Vancouver Forum expressed an idea about taxes that I had never before.

No I am not trolling.

My position is that everybody in Canada gets the same services for the taxes that they pay. But why should a high income earner pay more for those same services as a low income earner.

Two men in hospital, one makes $200/yr and the other makes $40/yr, both getting their appendix taken out, both will receive the exact same treatment and services, except the higher income earner paid more for his service. Is that fair??

Why is it that discrimination is considered to be so bad except when it come to high income earners??

Supposed you go to a restaurant for a steak sandwich, and because you are a high income earner you should pay more for that sandwich so that lard ass can also enjoy the same steak sandwich as you but because he is a low income earner he should pay less for the sandwich.

Or what about groceries, should lard ass be entitled to the same groceries as you? So you should pay more and he would pay less but in the end, you both would have the same quality of groceries!! Fair??

Is this the kind of selective discrimination society you would like to see Loch??

No, my position is that if you live in Canada, everybody pays exactly the same fixed tax amount, say as a starter $20k/yr. With this amount your entitled to exactly the same service as everybody else.

yes a million of them......start with this concept..

There is only ONE fair tax and that is a consumption tax...we should be taxed on what we consume........in other words the fairest tax  would be to put the GST at 15% to 18% and completely do away with income tax.....you would rebate x amount of dollars to low in come earners......generally speaking individuals making less than 20K (families 30K) a year should pay no tax......this would pretty much do away with accountants and people would no longer need to cheat on their taxes or hide income......15% to 18% on ALL goods and services would more than offset all the income tax collected.  Start there....next make corporate taxes zero..........do those two things and life would be livable again in this country.........

RW...any comments you make on taxation have NO validity and are generally crapola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"A poster on Vancouver Forum expressed an idea about taxes that I had never before.

No I am not trolling.

yes a million of them......start with this concept..

There is only ONE fair tax and that is a consumption tax...we should be taxed on what we consume........in other words the fairest tax  would be to put the GST at 15% to 18% and completely do away with income tax.....you would rebate x amount of dollars to low in come earners......generally speaking individuals making less than 20K (families 30K) a year should pay no tax......this would pretty much do away with accountants and people would no longer need to cheat on their taxes or hide income......15% to 18% on ALL goods and services would more than offset all the income tax collected.  Start there....next make corporate taxes zero..........do those two things and life would be livable again in this country.........

RW...any comments you make on taxation have NO validity and are generally crapola

Thank you very much for posting that Mr. Obvious Li..

Also very interesting idea.

Anonymous

No I am not trolling.

Charging Canadians a flat rate for government services is crazy. I would like to see flatter, simpler taxes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Yep, consumption are the best form of evil. Broaden the base, so you can lower the amount collected.

Corporate taxes are the dumbest idea ever created which is why most G-20 countries(save the USA) have lowered their corporate taxes. Get rid of income taxes too. Consumption taxes also have the added benefit of encouraging savings.

Gary Oak

Start making the chugabooze pay for all the stuff they currently get for free. That would be a good place to begin with some fairness.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Start making the chugaboos pay for all the stuff they currently get for free. That would be a good place to begin with some fairness.

:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Start making the chugaboos pay for all the stuff they currently get for free. That would be a good place to begin with some fairness.

Privileges based on ethnicity are a valid complaint, but a separate issue from tax reform.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Privileges based on ethnicity are a valid complaint, but a separate issue from tax reform.

Are you saying you agree with at least part of what Gary Oak wrote?

:o

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Are you saying you agree with at least part of what Gary Oak wrote?

:o

Oh ffs, Oak is trolling as usual. He doesn't know anything about the tax code and obviously can't contribute anything either other than idiotic racial slurs and misleading generalizations.

Odinson

My tax-percent is way higher than that of a person whom 1500e/month.

So technically I´m paying wayyy more for government funded stuff like medical-care of which I dont even use that much. Not as much as a no-use retard whom is never gonna work.

lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"My tax-percent is way higher than that of a person whom 1500e/month.

So technically I´m paying wayyy more for government funded stuff like medical-care of which I dont even use that much. Not as much as a no-use retard whom is never gonna work.

lol

So-called progressive taxation is actually quite regressive.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"My tax-percent is way higher than that of a person whom 1500e/month.

lol

So-called progressive taxation is actually quite regressive.

But I´m thinking "what if"...

What if I get a injured to the head and my IQ lowers from 241 to 141... I cant expect any1 to take care of me.

Odinson

What if you get terminally injured, ShenLI?

Whos gonna take care of you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"What if you get terminally injured, ShenLI?

Whos gonna take care of you?

I sure as fuck know it will NOT be anyone on these forums.