Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Where my Purebloods at!?

Started by Blazor, December 26, 2021, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=432558 time=1640860026 user_id=3254
Not everyone on the forums likes cc....she would acknowledge that..

But, only you have said she is that.

This is a forum cultural difference. DD comes from flame forums. I can testify from brief time on one of those boards that they do not do civil fact based discussions. Every thread turns into the same childish insults. My time online is finite. I will not waste it on that.

kiebers

Wow, you would think this is a topic about politics between the extreme left and right with all the animus going on.

Hmmm, maybe it really is just politics after all.

Never heard trust for government "facts" this high around here, in fact just the opposite.

Strange times indeed.....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=432560 time=1640868619 user_id=193
Wow, you would think this is a topic about politics between the extreme left and right with all the animus going on.

Never heard trust for government "facts" this high around here, in fact just the opposite.

If I was American, I would never trust the government either.

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=432561 time=1640869829 user_id=56

Only thing I trust the government to do is...fuck things up.

And of course, I mean any government of any country.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=432564 time=1640876047 user_id=193
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=432561 time=1640869829 user_id=56

Only thing I trust the government to do is...fuck things up.

In the case of the US, lie their asses off.

Bricktop

Here you are again, trying to portray other countries as identical to America.

They are not. They are far from it. There is no perfect country, but there are sour and rotten ones.

Portraying your country as the same as mine (either of them) is an insult to my country.

Shrugging your shoulders and saying "it's the same everywhere" won't get you out of this mess. Perhaps you should visit other countries to see for yourself.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432613 time=1640910855 user_id=1560

They are not. They are far from it. There is no perfect country, but there are sour and rotten ones.

Portraying your country as the same as mine (either of them) is an insult to my country.

Shrugging your shoulders and saying "it's the same everywhere" won't get you out of this mess. Perhaps you should visit other countries to see for yourself.

There are places in the US I really like. They got good people, governed well and they have opportunity for people to get ahead. But, the woke democRAT controlled areas are third world shitholes.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432613 time=1640910855 user_id=1560

You do the same towards other nations.

You have different values and judge differently. Why not live in the US for a few years to get a better understanding of the nation?
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I have no doubt there are good places and people in the US. I've been there and seen both sides. Most Americans I've met are friendly, hospitable and approachable. As individuals, I could not in any conscience claim that Americans are bad people.

I know that kiebers is a really good guy who loves his country and his family, and I laud him for that. He should be proud.

But not of his country.

I'm always perplexed as to how such good people could stand by as their President invades a foreign nation without basis or justification.  It seems to be very similar to the "good Germans" who stood and watched as their nation was seized  by a psychopathic despot who took Europe into despair.

And they know this. I've spoken to Americans who agree they have serious problems and that their nation is now an embarrassment to the extent they are ashamed of their nationality. But they all say the same thing..."There's nothing we can do about it...".

One thing is for sure...doing NOTHING won't make things any better.

Frood

Again, you judge by your own belief system.

I've lived in both nations extensively and broadly.

I view the US and Australia having both good and both fucked up attributes, equally, but for some shared and some unique reasons.

I'd pick Mars if given the choice between the two.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432620 time=1640911799 user_id=1560
I have no doubt there are good places and people in the US. I've been there and seen both sides. Most Americans I've met are friendly, hospitable and approachable. As individuals, I could not in any conscience claim that Americans are bad people.

I know that kiebers is a really good guy who loves his country and his family, and I laud him for that. He should be proud.

But not of his country.

I'm always perplexed as to how such good people could stand by as their President invades a foreign nation without basis or justification.  It seems to be very similar to the "good Germans" who stood and watched as their nation was seized  by a psychopathic despot who took Europe into despair.

And they know this. I've spoken to Americans who agree they have serious problems and that their nation is now an embarrassment to the extent they are ashamed of their nationality. But they all say the same thing..."There's nothing we can do about it...".

One thing is for sure...doing NOTHING won't make things any better.

It wasn't just Bush. Jim Crow Joe voted in favour of the Iraq invasion. So did old Killary Klinton. And Australia supported the invasion too.

cc

It got a large majority vote of congress - so it was 100s
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=432618 time=1640911691 user_id=1676
Why not live in the US for a few years to get a better understanding of the nation?

I've been there. A claim NO American in this forum or any other I've been involved with can make about Australia.

I've also been to the UK. France. Belgium. Switzerland. Italy. The Netherlands. Singapore. Malaysia. Vanuatu. Cambodia. Thailand. Egypt. Yemen. India. Sri Lanka. Indonesia. Chinese Hong Kong. Every State of Australia. Only Herman has been to more places on the planet (I think).

Every one of these nations has its gifts and wonders, its good people and bad. I've confronted racism in reverse, which was unsettling to say the least. In nearly all these nations I found warmth and hospitality...give a smile and get a smile.

But not ONE proclaims itself to be the greatest nation on Earth and a "Moral leader of democracy" (Kamala Harris' words, not mine) other than America.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=432622 time=1640912276 user_id=1689
 And Australia supported the invasion too.

To our never ending shame. If America calls us again for military support, it better have its facts right next time.

We haven't forgotten how they lied to us and the other nations.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=432621 time=1640912029 user_id=1676
Again, you judge by your own belief system.

I've lived in both nations extensively and broadly.

I view the US and Australia having both good and both fucked up attributes, equally, but for some shared and some unique reasons.

I'd pick Mars if given the choice between the two.

And yet you CHOOSE, as I do, to live in Australia. Nonetheless, I have never proclaimed Australia to be perfect, nor superior. But even on the simple measure that you are ten times LESS likely to be shot and killed here than in the US, I think I'd choose to stay here.