Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Locked down!!!!

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2022, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Somebody please order Bricktop a pizza. Maybe a twenty sixer of Scotch too.

cw_

Quote from: Blazor post_id=435868 time=1642955780 user_id=2221
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435834 time=1642889906 user_id=1560
I'm sure everything will turn out fine. But the stresses and pressure this puts on families is inexcusable.

Man, I hate what all Australia going through, the mandates, the isolation, the camps, tyranny at its finest.

I too also do not like how families are treating the infected person as diseased. Usually when one gets sick, someone is there to take care of that person, be it a family member, a spouse, or even a good roommate friend.

In fact, I dont like how folks are treating each other in general the past couple years.

The Powers to Be have triggered something, something they prolly wish they hadnt. As Im seeing MASSIVE protests across the world, of folks rising up against their politicians and such.

I wont rant away, just hope you enjoy your break, and your time with your son lol. And hope one day we can all get together without bureaucratic bullshit and drink fine whisky lol.

Thought this would be a good time to mention, I came down with something a week ago, getting better. Prolly "covid", according to symptoms. I live by myself these days anyway, so no worries there. Im just playing Skyrim and watching Lord of the Rings lol. My son had it a week before, but I hadnt been in contact with him. I prolly got mine in the parade being out in the cold all day.

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435834 time=1642889906 user_id=1560
I've been the housekeeper for the last 10 years or so because my wife chose to stay at work, so I can look after myself without problem. It's just the inconvenience and disruption that is so frustrating.

Oh we know you're a good housekeeper  :laugh:

https://bayimg.com/9613c666b6f96dbb54f1f7a9ad8f72d6007e2f4e.jpg">

ac_lmfao

It's true, someone should make sure you drink plenty of fluids (water!) and serve you some chicken noodle soup when you're sick.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435831 time=1642889490 user_id=1560
I had my son and grandchildren stay at our house last week as he had been designated a close contact. His wife has the virus. He tested and was all clear but had to find alternative accommodation. On the last day we all had to test.

My son tested positive!!! I tested negative.I am a "close contact" so have to go into isolation.  :t1929:

My wife had already moved to our daughter's house for safety and to ensure that plague couldn't spread to our daughter's babies.

So, I am now in lock down. Negative test, but in isolation. My wife had to drop groceries off at the door and leave without even saying hello.

If anyone is passing by, ring the doorbell and say hello.

It's strange you didn't test positive too.

How is your son and daughter-in-lw doing?

Bricktop

DiL is quite ill with heavy "flu" symptoms but on the mend.

The rest of us are fine.

I read an article on our ABC news site that discusses the observations made about Omicron that suggests that people who are in close contact with a carrier are not certain to contract the virus. It is more haphazard than its predecessor, suggesting that some people have immunity from it, but they don't know how at the moment.

These are people with no prior infections. It may be different immnunity characteristics, different environmental factors...they just don't know. But people are now regularly reporting close contacts but constantly test negative.

Bricktop

Quote from: Blazor post_id=435868 time=1642955780 user_id=2221

Oh we know you're a good housekeeper  :laugh:

OK.

Shots fired!!!

ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435916 time=1642973951 user_id=1560

The rest of us are fine.

I read an article on our ABC news site that discusses the observations made about Omicron that suggests that people who are in close contact with a carrier are not certain to contract the virus. It is more haphazard than its predecessor, suggesting that some people have immunity from it, but they don't know how at the moment.

These are people with no prior infections. It may be different immnunity characteristics, different environmental factors...they just don't know. But people are now regularly reporting close contacts but constantly test negative.

That's good to know Bricktop..

I hope your daughter in law makes a full recovery soon.

Bricktop

Thank you. She is on the mend.

I should point out that she was vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435921 time=1642975065 user_id=1560
Thank you. She is on the mend.

I should point out that she was vaccinated.

Omicron seems to get around vaccines.

Bricktop

Which raises bigger and far more serious questions.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435931 time=1642978125 user_id=1560
Which raises bigger and far more serious questions.

They still reduce severity.

Bricktop

Even that is now brought into question. However, what the vaccine does NOT do is slow the spread. Its far worse here than ever before, and we have a 90% vaccination rate.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435916 time=1642973951 user_id=1560

The rest of us are fine.

Particularly with the unjabbed. We're just not getting omicron in numbers or exhibiting symptoms when we do.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435945 time=1642983164 user_id=1560
Even that is now brought into question.

Is it? That is news to me.

Bricktop

Vaxxed people in Australia are becoming ill. Not critically...but they are bed ridden as if they have a major flu.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435960 time=1642990610 user_id=1560
Vaxxed people in Australia are becoming ill. Not critically...but they are bed ridden as if they have a major flu.

Aussies are made out of fucking pudding.