The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Fighting Back, More Ottawa Residents & Businesses Join Lawsuit against Protesters & Donors - over $300 Million & Growing

Started by cc, February 17, 2022, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/class-action-protesters-money-1.6355146">What started as a single 21 year old woman suing for the effect on her life and income

has grown to over $300 Million and now includes businesses going after truckers & contributors for loss of revenue

The class-action lawsuit launched by Ottawa residents against protesters in the city's downtown now includes an expanded area to include Sandy Hill and ByWard Market residents.

The team behind the original court action is adding businesses and workers as plaintiffs because they reported lost income, expanding total damages sought from $9.8 million to $306 million, and including a larger geographical area that extends to Somerset Street and the ByWard Market.

Lawyer Paul Champ successfully argued for a court-ordered injunction to silence the honking horns that plagued residents for the initial 11 days of the protest involving hundreds of semi-trucks and people who are against COVID-19 health measures.

Champ said his team is also going to start adding defendants who donated to truckers, as well as the truckers involved, as part of the action. The original suit named five defendants described as organizers but allowed for others to be named at a later date.

The injunction request came out of the proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Feb. 7 by Champ, who was acting on behalf of Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant and downtown Ottawa resident.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/zexi-li-ottawa-injunction-trucker-protest-convoy-1.6344503">Meet the 21-year-old Ottawa woman behind the injunction that silenced the honking & started financial lawsuit
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439851 time=1645123674 user_id=88
https://server5.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/canada/ottawa/class-action-protesters-money-1.6355146">What started as a single 21 year old woman suing for the effect on her life and income

has grown to over $300 Million and now includes businesses going after truckers & contributors for loss of revenue

The class-action lawsuit launched by Ottawa residents against protesters in the city's downtown now includes an expanded area to include Sandy Hill and ByWard Market residents.

The team behind the original court action is adding businesses and workers as plaintiffs because they reported lost income, expanding total damages sought from $9.8 million to $306 million, and including a larger geographical area that extends to Somerset Street and the ByWard Market.

Lawyer Paul Champ successfully argued for a court-ordered injunction to silence the honking horns that plagued residents for the initial 11 days of the protest involving hundreds of semi-trucks and people who are against COVID-19 health measures.

Champ said his team is also going to start adding defendants who donated to truckers, as well as the truckers involved, as part of the action. The original suit named five defendants described as organizers but allowed for others to be named at a later date.

The injunction request came out of the proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Feb. 7 by Champ, who was acting on behalf of Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant and downtown Ottawa resident.

https://server5.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/canada/ottawa/zexi-li-ottawa-injunction-trucker-protest-convoy-1.6344503">Meet the 21-year-old Ottawa woman behind the injunction that silenced the honking & started financial lawsuit

We all know woke lawyers who hate working class people are behind this.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Go to the store and stock up NOW.  This is going to get ugly. Truckers will be assaulted, arrested, and maybe killed. The outrage will be so massive that every truck driver in the country is going to stop driving. No food, no gas, no medicine, nothing will be available for weeks. Hunker down and get ready. And, as always, don't forget the manual can opener for when the power goes out.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=439859 time=1645126263 user_id=3349
Go to the store and stock up NOW.  This is going to get ugly. Truckers will be assaulted, arrested, and maybe killed. The outrage will be so massive that every truck driver in the country is going to stop driving. No food, no gas, no medicine, nothing will be available for weeks. Hunker down and get ready. And, as always, don't forget the manual can opener for when the power goes out.

I would not doubt Trudeau wants concentration camps for people who protest his dictatorship.

cc

Is that your Drama Queen way of saying local residents whose lives are greatly affected have ZERO rights to make their case?

mmmm, OK .. if you feel a la Trudy > "rights for me but not for thee"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439862 time=1645126620 user_id=88
Is that your Drama Queen way of saying local residents whose lives are greatly affected have ZERO rights to make their case?

mmmm, OK .. if you feel "rights for me but not for thee"

It is my way of saying the response to these protests is hypocritical bullshit. Would any of those prog lawyers sue people lowering on one knee and destroying private and public property. Of course not. The government liked those protests, but not these ones.

This is an extremely distrubing development. I am so bloody glad I am out of this increasingly authoritarian country. I will keep an eye on what I say on social media until then. I need my retirement funds.

cc

Was referring only to (albeit not demonstrated in time) -

Apologies > My fault, I was slow to include his quote

Oliver Clotheshoffe

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-22-2016/xtr02F.gif">

cc

It was about residents and businesses affected - and you knew it

TOO LATE > You cannot wiggle your way out of it

You already made it very clear you support >> "rights for me .... but not for thee"

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: cc post_id=439868 time=1645127934 user_id=88

Are you frickin' kidding me?

For the last two years residents have been forced to take a vaccine they didn't want just to keep their job. They were forced to wear masks that don't work just to go to the store. They were forced into quarantine for two weeks if they tested positive. They were forced to show papers to go to a restaurant or a show. People who didn't comply were shamed, coerced, called nazis and looked upon as pariahs.

Businesses? How many aren't there anymore because of the restrictions? How many employees lost their jobs as a result? How many mom-and-pop stores vanished leaving only the big box stores (which were allowed to stay open when the small ones weren't)?

Now that people have finally had enough and are starting to fight back it's "Oh boo hoo hoo a truck is honking it's horn. Oh boo hoo hoo I have to walk an extra ten feet because there's a truck in my way. Oh look at these working peasants cluttering up my nice elitist area boo hoo hoo".

If you're in favor of continued lockdowns and all the other bullshit just go ahead and put a 'p' at the end of your name and be honest about who you really are. The rest of us will be fighting for freedom.

cc

Quote from: cc On Point post_id=439868 time=1645127934 user_id=88

You already made it very clear you support >> "[size=120]rights for me .... but not for thee[/size]"

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=439871 time=1645129270 user_id=88
"[size=120]rights for me .... but not for thee[/size]"

Now you're getting it.

"Democracy, 2022; The Demise Of National Unity In Canada".

Was that the sound of a country breaking in two I just heard?

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=439868 time=1645127934 user_id=88

You already made it very clear you support >> "rights for me .... but not for thee"

What about the rights of the MILLIONS of people around the world who lost their jobs, lost vast sums of money, were forced to take a drug and were prevented from attending work if they did not?

What happened to THEIR rights.

Do not speak of rights unless you take into account the rights of ALL, not just panic stricken women who think the world will end without a jab and mask.

cc

Lowlife childish, silly & irrelevant  Memes aside ....... Want to "temporarily digress" from the gist of this thread about the actions being taken by local residents as is their right?  ..

OK. I'll "temporarily digress" Mr. "rights for me .... but not for thee" (Oh, the self-serving Hypocrisy)

Trudy's bullsh-t power play action was never needed.

Windsor merely got a court injunction to clear out the Ambassador Bridge entrance including ordering RCMP to assist if needed & Towing Operations to act ... Windsor police cleaned the area easily

Ottawa can do the same and in fact are now doing exactly that with a plan taking all needed actions including safely removing all innocent  children being used as shields to make removal more difficult , (How low can one go!!  ac_blush ) ...   followed by walkers,  .. followed by telling truckers they can leave peacefully ..  and finally towing trucks out if owners do not comply by simply driving away.

Like Windsor who did not have enough forces to do it safely,  they employed their legal right to bring in many RCMP & in effect "deputize" tow trucks.

Again, Trudy's  bullsh-t power play action was never needed -- Cities can obtain the power to request and in fact order ALL help needed.

Ottawa now is doing exactly what Windsor did  & we are now seeing the beginning of the end in Ottawa