Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Immigration...........

Started by Obvious Li, April 01, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
All she said was her brother learned to Speak Mandarin when he was in China. Tens of thousands of expats have done the same thing.

wish i could......bloody hard for some of us............ :ugeek:

Can you speak Han Gul OL?

enough simple phrases to get by....count money, tell time, order food/alcohol/, get a taxi etc.....but as soon as they start to speed up i just pick out key words to figure out what is going on..now that i ahve been here for 5 years i find i am losing it a bit....can't wait to go back

Anonymous

wish i could......bloody hard for some of us............ :ugeek:

Can you speak Han Gul OL?

enough simple phrases to get by....count money, tell time, order food/alcohol/, get a taxi etc.....but as soon as they start to speed up i just pick out key words to figure out what is going on..now that i ahve been here for 5 years i find i am losing it a bit....can't wait to go back

I can speak a little Korean too. Much like you though, the longer I stay away the less I remember.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Well Real Woman proved whe was a clueless wonder when she found it impossible to find out that what I wrote about who the Qing represent in the tongs oaths and rituals.

:roll:

RW

Gary - I didn't give a rat's ass.  

My brother took a class before going to China to teach English and minored in it in university after he got back.  He reads, writes and speaks it.  I love the look on Chinese people's faces when he says something and they turn around and see this blue eyed white boy.  It's such a hoot!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Gary - I didn't give a rat's ass.  

My brother took a class before going to China to teach English and minored in it in university after he got back.  He reads, writes and speaks it.  I love the look on Chinese people's faces when he says something and they turn around and see this blue eyed white boy.  It's such a hoot!

I think that is what most Western people in China strive for Real Woman despite the conspiracy theories of Gary Oak.

RW

I don't pay much mind to anything Gary says.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I don't pay much mind to anything Gary says.

He's wrong anyway, knowing Mandarin is a positive thing in either China or Taiwan.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I don't pay much mind to anything Gary says.

You did buy that silly book of his though. ;)

RW

No I didn't buy it.  Ghost mailed me her copy :P
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No I didn't buy it.  Ghost mailed me her copy :P

Ghost bought it?? :o  :o  :o

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No I didn't buy it.  Ghost mailed me her copy :P

Ghost was the person that invited me to Vancouver Forum, but she seems to have disappeared..

I hope she is ok?

Romero

I can tell you that ghost is doing very well! She's been fairly busy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I can tell you that ghost is doing very well! She's been fairly busy.

That's great Romero..

I would imagine she would have a busy life..

RW

Quote from: "Romero"I can tell you that ghost is doing very well! She's been fairly busy.

Tell her I miss her please Ro.  Miss you posting too.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"

Tell her I miss her please Ro.  Miss you posting too.

I just can't get over ghost buying Oak's fave book?? :o