The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Creepy White Guys

Started by ghost, April 23, 2014, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
That would explain why Gary Oak likes it..

;)

Sorry Gary Oak, that was not very nice of me.

:(

Trust me Fashionista, ghost looks down on you..

I have had white women friends tell me they secretly despise Asian women.

You've spouted some really dumb shit in the past but that last statement is in a whole other class of stupid.

Do you make this shit up as you go along or do you take the time to plan out how stupid you want to make yourself look?  :lol:

I'd say both.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I wish I didn't have a policy on sharing private correspondence because I could really add to this thread haha

just your presence adds to every thread cupcake.....and thats a fact... :mrgreen:

Hey OL, you got something brown on your nose. Go wash your face.  :lol:

i'm on a higher plane these days.......you'll notice, of course, the new me.... :ugeek:

Anonymous

just your presence adds to every thread cupcake.....and thats a fact... :mrgreen:

Hey OL, you got something brown on your nose. Go wash your face.  :lol:

i'm on a higher plane these days.......you'll notice, of course, the new me.... :ugeek:

I thought you had a little extra spring in your step.

Gary Oak

This is coming from a four hundred pounder by the way  :lol:

Quote from: "ghost"`Oh this is beautiful. It just goes to show that men? like Gary Oak are a dime a dozen.

http://creepywhiteguys.tumblr.com/">http://creepywhiteguys.tumblr.com/

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"This is coming from a four hundred pounder by the way  :lol:

Quote from: "ghost"`Oh this is beautiful. It just goes to show that men? like Gary Oak are a dime a dozen.

:roll:

ghost

Quote from: "Gary Oak"This is coming from a four hundred pounder by the way  :lol:

Pay no attention, Fash.

I normally ignore the fat jokes. A vain attempt to put me down that has no truth, nor does it make me lose any sleep. I wear a size medium these days. Sometimes a large shirt, I do have boobs after all. Hardly fat.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Gary is always wrong.

How can that be? Someone he met in Hong Kong told him he's right.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

Pay no attention, Fash.

I normally ignore the fat jokes. A vain attempt to put me down that has no truth, nor does it make me lose any sleep. I wear a size medium these days. Sometimes a large shirt, I do have boobs after all. Hardly fat.

Even if it was true, why is he mentioning it?

Immature insults reflect poorly on the person writing them, not on the person they are directed at.

Chickenfeets

Interesting thread. I don't have much experience with specifically Asian forums or web sites but, by the sound of it, this CWG phenomenon is not unusual. I imagine the same kind of things occur on other sites based on ethnicity, whether Asian or not (and whether they're dating sites or not).

A potential mate's ethnicity, to me, is only another aspect of who she is, like her personality or her physical stature.

Having said this, I plead guilty to being partial to Asian cultures. This started with my discovery, long ago, of Indian, Chinese, and Japanese mythologies and religious traditions. A fascination that led me to incorporate these traditions as a specialization in my Religious Studies university degree. Book knowledge is one thing, though, and real-world experience quite another. I envy Obvious Li's and Ghost's opportunities to have tasted the real thing, however glamorous or unglamorous it may be. My closest contact with one Asian (some would argue South Asian) culture came in the form of my several trips to India--trips I cherish for the "realness" they brought to my understanding of that country and its many cultures.

I read the entire blog Ghost posted a link to in her OP. It seems to me that this is what's going on with Creepy White Guys: quite aside from fetishizing Asian culture (or women), they somehow transfer their set notions (read: stereotypes) of what they believe that culture to be (as though there were such a thing as an Asian culture) to their attempts to make that culture more real, and more a part of their lives, by seeking out Asian women as partners (as though an Asian woman somehow embodied Asian culture in its entirety). It's just plain weird.

I mean, I enjoy Chinese food, Asian film fests, and the lingering scent of incense in Buddhist temples as much as the next person but these, to me, are to be enjoyed in themselves and won't make me go running for an Asian mate, which is what the whole CWG phenomenon seems to be about.

Yes, my ex was Indian (half Indian, actually) but the first thing I noticed about her was her eyes, then her laughter, then her beauty, then her personality, then her history, then her ethnicity, and, finally, her culture--first, as seen through her eyes, and then through mine. Seems that CWGs simply invert this sequence. Again, weird.

An interesting--if creepy--thread.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Interesting thread. I don't have much experience with specifically Asian forums or web sites but, by the sound of it, this CWG phenomenon is not unusual. I imagine the same kind of things occur on other sites based on ethnicity, whether Asian or not (and whether they're dating sites or not).

A potential mate's ethnicity, to me, is only another aspect of who she is, like her personality or her physical stature.

Having said this, I plead guilty to being partial to Asian cultures. This started with my discovery, long ago, of Indian, Chinese, and Japanese mythologies and religious traditions. A fascination that led me to incorporate these traditions as a specialization in my Religious Studies university degree. Book knowledge is one thing, though, and real-world experience quite another. I envy Obvious Li's and Ghost's opportunities to have tasted the real thing, however glamorous or unglamorous it may be. My closest contact with one Asian (some would argue South Asian) culture came in the form of my several trips to India--trips I cherish for the "realness" they brought to my understanding of that country and its many cultures.

I read the entire blog Ghost posted a link to in her OP. It seems to me that this is what's going on with Creepy White Guys: quite aside from fetishizing Asian culture (or women), they somehow transfer their set notions (read: stereotypes) of what they believe that culture to be (as though there were such a thing as an Asian culture) to their attempts to make that culture more real, and more a part of their lives, by seeking out Asian women as partners (as though an Asian woman somehow embodied Asian culture in its entirety). It's just plain weird.

I mean, I enjoy Chinese food, Asian film fests, and the lingering scent of incense in Buddhist temples as much as the next person but these, to me, are to be enjoyed in themselves and won't make me go running for an Asian mate, which is what the whole CWG phenomenon seems to be about.

Yes, my ex was Indian (half Indian, actually) but the first thing I noticed about her was her eyes, then her laughter, then her beauty, then her personality, then her history, then her ethnicity, and, finally, her culture--first, as seen through her eyes, and then through mine. Seems that CWGs simply invert this sequence. Again, weird.

agreed CF........i find it kinda ironic in the sense that i always thought that old east indian men or arab men or chinese men sitting leering at little girls were creepy....but i guess like with all other things in society white men are evil...oh ya and creepy as well......maybe on some level people are just people......OMG did i just say that.. :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Interesting thread. I don't have much experience with specifically Asian forums or web sites but, by the sound of it, this CWG phenomenon is not unusual. I imagine the same kind of things occur on other sites based on ethnicity, whether Asian or not (and whether they're dating sites or not).

Be careful with this Blurt. A lot of the stereotypes of "creepy white guys" on Asian forums come from insecure, racist, sexist young Asian males that think they should be ENTITLED to us.

This is not to say, Asian fetishists don't exist, they do. However some young East Asian males claim every white male that likes women with single fold eyes is creepy. Likewise, every East Asian female that fancies blue eyes or hirstute guys is a sell-out with low self-esteem. In fact we have had a couple of em posting here in the past.

All I'm saying is consider the fucking source before jumping to conclusions.

Chickenfeets

Oh, I hear you, Shen. Trust me, I do. That's why I said, "it seems to me..."

I'm not well versed enough in Creepy White Guy culture to know what's what.

Maybe Gary Oak has some teachings to offer?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Oh, I hear you, Shen. Trust me, I do. That's why I said, "it seems to me..."

I'm not well versed enough in Creepy White Guy culture to know what's what.

Maybe Gary Oak has some teachings to offer?

Hello Chickefeets, yes Gary Oak has some negative feelings about Asian boys.

Chickenfeets

"Some negative feelings"?

Cripes, Fash! Ever considered a career in the diplomatic corps?