The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The New Years resolutions that we probably won’t keep

Started by Erica Mena, December 30, 2022, 10:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Erica Mena

I'm going to really try to take better care of me. I want to start an exercise routine at 5am in hopes it energizes me. Start taking vitamins and eating better. Not just for my shape but for my mind and spirit.

What about ya'll?
<t></t>

Frood

Maximise my off work hours doing stuff that needs to be done until there is nothing left to do except get a new hobby/hobbies or explore my new region.

It's too easy to return home 10-12 hours later, plop down, and do nothing.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

The only resolution I have ever kept is cutting out bread five years ago. I lost forty five pounds.

I stopped making resolutions to give up barrel wash and substances. I will be fifty five in a few days. I don't know how to be sober.

Erica Mena

That sucks, Herman. I know what substances and alcohol can do to someone's life.
<t></t>

Breakfall

I had one resolution 8 years ago to give up smoking tobacco and so far so good.

In Jethro Tull's Wond'ring  Aloud...there's a great line that I always appreciate:

Frood

Grog is nature's anti-viral and antibiotic...

Got the cold sweats, shakes, headache, vomiting, and firey muscle aches on the way home from work last night. Went directly to bed for 12 hours and managed to soak my entire mattress in sweat.

Got up, poured a stiff drink, and now it's finally over.
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=489591 time=1672457742 user_id=1676
Grog is nature's anti-viral and antibiotic...

Got the cold sweats, shakes, headache, vomiting, and firey muscle aches on the way home from work last night. Went directly to bed for 12 hours and managed to soak my entire mattress in sweat.

Got up, poured a stiff drink, and now it's finally over.

That's exactly how feel about alcohol too. It's a tonic and the "good oil" all in a bottle. If one can manage their alcohol consumption, you may never have to rely on pharmaceuticals ever again. I like the odd binge though...and that absolutely wrecks my head!

Erica Mena

My hub is a former alcoholic. Hence my utter hatred of it
<t></t>

Breakfall

I feel the same way with people that are overly dependent on prescription drugs. And I don't mean those with legitimate medical issues. Pharmaceuticals are overprescribed in America and it seems that the entire nation thinks it's quite "normal" to regularly see a shrink.

https://media.tenor.com/gsMjKjyfstoAAAAC/brad-12monkeys.gif">

Odinson

American women casually start the conversation with "so... I went to see my shrink today".

And the casual consumption of benzos...

Erica Mena

Quote from: Odinson post_id=489600 time=1672459986 user_id=136
American women casually start the conversation with "so... I went to see my shrink today".

And the casual consumption of benzos...

That was me :laugh: No benzos these days. Just Zoloft and Melatonin
<t></t>

Breakfall

Garraty_47

This isn't exactly a resolution since it happened recently (XMas Eve) on the spur of the moment but since I don't make New Year's resolutions maybe it'll count...

I'm on the wagon.

I don't know how long it'll last because I've tried before and I've never been able to abstain for more than a couple weeks.

I'm going to give it another shot though.

No more Ben&Jerry's.  **sob**

Breakfall

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=489607 time=1672461876 user_id=3381
This isn't exactly a resolution since it happened recently (XMas Eve) on the spur of the moment but since I don't make New Year's resolutions maybe it'll count...

I'm on the wagon.

I don't know how long it'll last because I've tried before and I've never been able to abstain for more than a couple weeks.

I'm going to give it another shot though.

No more Ben&Jerry's.  **sob**

I can go a couple of days, but I hardly see the point. I can consume around 6 standard drinks over a period of 6 hours and feel completely comfortable with doing that daily. Recently I've been fortunate to smoke a bit of weed too, but that's as far as it goes these dayz. On the odd occasion I may indulge myself in a couple of paracetamol pills to ease the after effects of a binge session the morning after, particularly if I upped the ante and decided to shit-stir on a particular forum.

I think alcohol is the perfect drug...it's been with us ever since we stored food over lean times and decided to scape the barrel. Basically from the year Dot...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS34ybP_by1jVZkAZ3EPU-mdhwzq-BxzrKz_A&usqp=CAU">

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=489594 time=1672458270 user_id=2845
My hub is a former alcoholic. Hence my utter hatred of it

How many liters of vodka did he consume per day?

1 liter = 33oz