The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Real Woman Fucking Rocks!!

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Teachers haven't had a collective agreement in two years.

BCTF took gov to court for contract stripping on class size and composition and bargaining in bad faith - government got SPANKED by judge.  Gov appealed decision.

Bargaining went to shit as usual.

Teachers started job action - reduction of services with min impact on kids, then up to one day a week per district strikes.  Government locked them out with restrictions on work time and docked 10% pay.

Teachers vote for full strike.

Government and teachers say they will make the effort to seriously bargain the weekend before the strike.  BCTF submits proposal Friday and government doesn't respond until Sunday.  No deal.

Teachers go to full strike.

Bargaining continues to go to shit.

BCTF calls for arbitration.  Government won't agree to it.

I think that about sums it up.

You are following this dispute between government and teachers very closely Real Woman...good for you.

:)

RW

It's hard not to - it's really in your face around here.  Plus I have kids in the system, plus my community volunteer work has an education piece.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"It's hard not to - it's really in your face around here.  Plus I have kids in the system, plus my community volunteer work has an education piece.

I respect people like you Real Woman that take a leadership role in important issues like education..

I care too, but there are more qualified people than myself to lead..

Have a lovely Saturday Real Woman.

:)

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Teachers haven't had a collective agreement in two years.

BCTF took gov to court for contract stripping on class size and composition and bargaining in bad faith - government got SPANKED by judge.  Gov appealed decision.

Bargaining went to shit as usual.

Teachers started job action - reduction of services with min impact on kids, then up to one day a week per district strikes.  Government locked them out with restrictions on work time and docked 10% pay.

Teachers vote for full strike.

Government and teachers say they will make the effort to seriously bargain the weekend before the strike.  BCTF submits proposal Friday and government doesn't respond until Sunday.  No deal.

Teachers go to full strike.

Bargaining continues to go to shit.

BCTF calls for arbitration.  Government won't agree to it.

I think that about sums it up.

Pay docked 10%? Fucking awesome!!

Now is the time for the BC government to break the fucking union entirely. Strike now while the enemy is weak.

RW

The government are the ones getting their asses kicked.  The courts gave them a spank, the media has not been kind, and the public is PISSED.  There are petitions going around for our premier to step down that are gaining momentum.

If union busting was her goal (which I'm sure it was in part) then she's failed MISERABLY.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"The government are the ones getting their asses kicked.  The courts gave them a spank, the media has not been kind, and the public is PISSED.  There are petitions going around for our premier to step down that are gaining momentum.

If union busting was her goal (which I'm sure it was in part) then she's failed MISERABLY.

I'm wondering if the average person wants the government to get even tougher with the unionized slimebag teachers?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"The government are the ones getting their asses kicked.  The courts gave them a spank, the media has not been kind, and the public is PISSED.  There are petitions going around for our premier to step down that are gaining momentum.

I'm wondering if the average person wants the government to get even tougher with the unionized slimebag teachers?

RW

Slime bag teachers!  Oh Shen, please get you head out of your union hating ass for just one minute please and read what I've already said.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Slime bag teachers!  Oh Shen, please get you head out of your union hating ass for just one minute please and read what I've already said.

I'm just asking a question. I wonder how many people in BC and across Canada are fed up with the teachers holding their kids' education hostage.

RW

Teacher's aren't holding our kids or their educations hostage.

You have no idea the funding cuts we've seen from this government and the impact it's had on education.  People are sick and tired of the under funding.  Teachers are the ones who have put their livelihoods on the line to fight for our kids to get a better education.  We should shit on them for that?

I don't think so.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Big Wave Dave

Quote from: "Real Woman"Teacher's aren't holding our kids or their educations hostage.

You have no idea the funding cuts we've seen from this government and the impact it's had on education.  People are sick and tired of the under funding.  Teachers are the ones who have put their livelihoods on the line to fight for our kids to get a better education.  We should shit on them for that?

I don't think so.

Shen Li is a stubborn mule. She won't listen.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Slime bag teachers!  Oh Shen, please get you head out of your union hating ass for just one minute please and read what I've already said.

I'm just asking a question. I wonder how many people in BC and across Canada are fed up with the teachers holding their kids' education hostage.

if the truth were known, most are....but the unions have intimidated the sheep once again.....i don't feel sorry for the dumb fucks at all....if they allow these slugs to take even more of their tax dollars, they deserve it...... :twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Teacher's aren't holding our kids or their educations hostage.

I don't think so.

BC has increased the average rate of funding-per-pupil. It now stands at about $8,600 per student, an increase of 37 per cent since 2001. These increases have taken place even while student enrolment has declined by 72,000 in the last decade, a significant reduction.

I remember the cuts that occurred under Ralph Klein shortly after we came to Canada. The sky was supposed to fall according to the teacher's union, but of course it never happened. Sorry RW, but any government that spends less of my money has earned my vote.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I don't think so.

BC has increased the average rate of funding-per-pupil. It now stands at about $8,600 per student, an increase of 37 per cent since 2001. These increases have taken place even while student enrolment has declined by 72,000 in the last decade, a significant reduction.

I remember the cuts that occurred under Ralph Klein shortly after we came to Canada. The sky was supposed to fall according to the teacher's union, but of course it never happened. Sorry RW, but any government that spends less of my money has earned my vote.

the real issue is the ratio of dollars going to salaries and admin compared to dollars actually spent on educating students.......back in  the day it was 80% for students-----20% for salaries.........now it is 90% salaries and 10% is available to the students...that is the real problem......there is oodles of money available in the system....it's just the unions steal it all for there greedy members and fuck the kids...they couldn't give a shit about the students....