Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Embarrassing Stories

Started by RW, November 07, 2014, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Damn - Castlegar brings up a funny and embarrassing story about my naivety.

Was creating a new logo for his business during our stay there  ..... needed golf ball pics to work from and had seen a great Titleist Golf Balls ad and wanted a copy  .... called a sport shop and asked if they had  "tit - ly - est" balls" .. the guy broke up and couldn't stop laughing ... then quoted me to others in the shop ... he said he had the ad and would love to meet me   ac_smile

Mate & others still tease me about that one - Funny as I so often enjoy playing the dumb blond  .. but that was not planned.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

hahahaha

I wish I knew you back then too cc.  I could see us having awesome chats.  I'm not much of a golfer though, but always good for a laugh.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

We are not golfers ... well, mate was great but only enjoyed playing alone  ... or late evening with me tagging along admiring his ability ... poetry in motion ...  a natural, the smoothest swing I have ever seen ... but was bored by  the group / competition against others thing  ... he only enjoyed perfecting his own shots alone, so eventually stopped when we stopped doing projects and living at the sites.

We did regular fast rounds alone at Castlegar before dusk - Nice people. They told him to play anytime the course was not busy and to use their cart to get around fast before it got too dark. He was in the business of doing projects on courses. .. playing golf itself was optional

They had a club pro there who was a phenomenal trick shot artist ... great person also .... I'll try to remember his name. The club brought in busloads of Japanese golf tourists just to watch him perform .. for a fee to the club  

We were / are  lovers, not golfers  ac_smile

RW

I do have an embarrassing golf story.

I was about 17 or so and I went golfing one year at the par 3 at Christina Lake with my dad and uncles.  So the way it works, is where you tee for the 2nd hole, it doubled back towards where you tee off for the first hole (if that makes any sense).  There was this group of 4 really hot guys on the first hole - like we're talking cut, tanned, beach soaked hotness. So I was up, and I get out my wood and I whack the ball...right into them.  I nailed one of the guys right in the shin.  So not only did I hurt one of the guys, I had to go up and get my ball and apologize like a total feeb.  It was bad.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc li tarte"We were / are  lovers, not golfers  ac_smile

Same here. I deal much better with balls and holes in the bedroom than on a golf course hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "Real Woman"I do have an embarrassing golf story.

I was about 17 or so and I went golfing one year at the par 3 at Christina Lake with my dad and uncles.  So the way it works, is where you tee for the 2nd hole, it doubled back towards where you tee off for the first hole (if that makes any sense).  There was this group of 4 really hot guys on the first hole - like we're talking cut, tanned, beach soaked hotness. So I was up, and I get out my wood and I whack the ball...right into them.  I nailed one of the guys right in the shin.  So not only did I hurt one of the guys, I had to go up and get my ball and apologize like a total feeb.  It was bad.
If ages were right it could be a great  "approach" shot.

RW

I wasn't nearly as ballsy back then hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Renee

Christ all mighty; you're dangerous. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I almost forgot there is a Christina Lake in the Kootenays. There's also one near Fort McMurray.

RW

I would bet ours is better :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I won't get involved in that, but I just remembered. We did some work on your Christina Lake (BC) course before doing Castlegar. A small course in a very pretty surrounding area as I recall

RW

Yeah it is small but really beautiful in the trees.  Next year I'll be going night golfing with the guys.  That's going to be a HOOT!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

The lake itself is GLORIOUS!  Well, as long as you stay out of the South End public beach which is a bit swampy.  The water is clean, clear and warm.  If you ever get a chance to go for a swim, don't pass it up!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I would bet ours is better :)

People make money at ours so they can spend it at yours.