Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Movies

Started by Anonymous, November 16, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Can Bringing Back Mammoths Help Stop Climate Change?

Scientists say creating hybrids of the extinct beasts could fix the Arctic tundra and stop greenhouse gas emissions

a group of geneticists from Harvard are hoping to change this by cloning living elephant cells that contain a small component of synthesised mammoth DNA. They claim that reintroducing such mammoth-like creatures to Arctic tundra environments could help stop the release of greenhouse gases from the ground and reduce future emissions as temperatures rise due to climate change. While this might sound like a far-fetched idea, scientists have actually been experimenting with something similar for over 20 years.

Bringing mammoth-like creatures back to the tundra could, in theory, help recreate the steppe ecosystem more widely. Because grass absorbs less sunlight than trees, this would cause the ground to absorb less heat and in turn keep the carbon pools and their greenhouse gases on ice for longer. Large numbers of the animals would also trample snow cover, stopping it from acting like insulation for the ground and allowing the permafrost to feel the effects of the bitter Arctic winters. Again, this would, in theory, keep the ground colder for longer.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-bringing-back-mammoths-stop-climate-change-180969072/">https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180969072/">https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-bringing-back-mammoths-stop-climate-change-180969072/

Here it is.

Anonymous

I saw the Rise of Skywalker..

It was okay I guess..

Ray is now a Skywalker.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"I saw the Rise of Skywalker..

It was okay I guess..

Ray is now a Skywalker.

She married Kylo Ren and took on the Skywalker name. Together they rule the empire.
Time is malleable

Vancouver

Code 8 was a good movie. Stars Robbie Amell and Steven Amell from The Flash and Arrow

">
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

It was okay I guess..

Ray is now a Skywalker.

She married Kylo Ren and took on the Skywalker name. Together they rule the empire.

It's not Star Wars anymore.

Anonymous

It was okay I guess..

Ray is now a Skywalker.

I hope this was the last Star Wars movie..

It's like an old band going on tour with no original members.

Vancouver

I watched Ip Man 4: The FInale. The series was inspired/based on some of Ip Man's real life events. Of course the fights were made up. The next movie will be a spinoff with Bruce Lee. He was a student of Ip Man.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I watched Ip Man 4: The FInale. The series was inspired/based on some of Ip Man's real life events. Of course the fights were made up. The next movie will be a spinoff with Bruce Lee. He was a student of Ip Man.

Was it in Cantonese?

@realAzhyaAryola

It was okay I guess..

Ray is now a Skywalker.

When did they marry? I must have missed that. How can they rule together? Oh, I better not reveal much just in case others have not yet seen the movie. I loved Rise of Skywalker. Woohoo! Lando Calrissian was AWESOME! Han solo too!

I still want to see the Mandelorian.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I watched Ip Man 4: The FInale. The series was inspired/based on some of Ip Man's real life events. Of course the fights were made up. The next movie will be a spinoff with Bruce Lee. He was a student of Ip Man.

Was it in Cantonese?

I never saw it, but I assume it was in Cantonese with some English and with English subtitles.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Was it in Cantonese?

I never saw it, but I assume it was in Cantonese with some English and with English subtitles.

That's correct. Good fights if you're into martial arts movies.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Was it in Cantonese?

That's correct. Good fights if you're into martial arts movies.

I definitely believe that TVG.

Odinson

The Joker movie wasnt bad...

His background is bad by SJW standards.

He is a snowflake...

Heath Ledgers Joker was much more believable.

Gaon

Quote from: "Odinson"The Joker movie wasnt bad...

He is a snowflake...

He is a snowflake. :negative:
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Odinson"The Joker movie wasnt bad...

He is a snowflake...

He is a snowflake. :negative:

They made a character to whom these SJWs can relate to..

He kills a talkshow host because the said host bashed his performance...

His life is hard just because he got beaten up and his mother is messed up.

You would think a badass character like the Joker has a more messed up background..