News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Why Does Old Evs Keep Saying She's A Christian??

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"Christians are not tolerant of homosexuals and stand for what they believe is right and what they believe is wrong. Where is the tolerance that progressive people stand for ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qgh3-3Ri-B8/ToMkd8g-vvI/AAAAAAAAANw/f0cwjNBstEg/s1600/FAIL%2BTROLL.png">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"Christians are not tolerant of homosexuals and stand for what they believe is right and what they believe is wrong. Where is the tolerance that progressive people stand for ?

How do you define tolerance Lance Leftardashian?

Do you mean discrimination against gays or violent attacks or both?

@realAzhyaAryola

Raised by Presbyterians, one side of my family also practiced the Pentecostal way. They were very expressive with the way they worshipped. When I went to their services, I felt awkward that I was the only one who wasn't weeping and waving my arms up in the air, and chanting, or speaking in tongues. I preferred going to my Presbyterian services more. At family gatherings, we discussed the Bible, not to have a Bible study but to talk about the many stories in it. It was trivia time. I'll get asked questions like, "Azhya, can you tell us about Jonah?" This was to test my knowledge and understanding. My aunts all taught Sunday School and I was ordered to sit in there each Sunday too. Our lives revolved around the home, our family/relatives, our church friends, our church, the choir, summer church retreats, Vacation Bible School each summer. Many became like extended family. My best friend is one of them.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Raised by Presbyterians, one side of my family also practiced the Pentecostal way. They were very expressive with the way they worshipped. When I went to their services, I felt awkward that I was the only one who wasn't weeping and waving my arms up in the air, and chanting, or speaking in tongues. I preferred going to my Presbyterian services more. At family gatherings, we discussed the Bible, not to have a Bible study but to talk about the many stories in it. It was trivia time. I'll get asked questions like, "Azhya, can you tell us about Jonah?" This was to test my knowledge and understanding. My aunts all taught Sunday School and I was ordered to sit in there each Sunday too. Our lives revolved around the home, our family/relatives, our church friends, our church, the choir, summer church retreats, Vacation Bible School each summer. Many became like extended family. My best friend is one of them.

I too was raised in a Christian home Azhya..

I attended Christian school from grade one through twelve..

We always ate together with a prayer of thanksgiving before each meal and prayers before bed..

My brother and I attended bible camp in summer when we were very young..

We have chosen to give our children a Christian education too. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Raised by Presbyterians, one side of my family also practiced the Pentecostal way. They were very expressive with the way they worshipped. When I went to their services, I felt awkward that I was the only one who wasn't weeping and waving my arms up in the air, and chanting, or speaking in tongues. I preferred going to my Presbyterian services more. At family gatherings, we discussed the Bible, not to have a Bible study but to talk about the many stories in it. It was trivia time. I'll get asked questions like, "Azhya, can you tell us about Jonah?" This was to test my knowledge and understanding. My aunts all taught Sunday School and I was ordered to sit in there each Sunday too. Our lives revolved around the home, our family/relatives, our church friends, our church, the choir, summer church retreats, Vacation Bible School each summer. Many became like extended family. My best friend is one of them.

I too was raised in a Christian home Azhya..

I attended Christian school from grade one through twelve..

We always ate together with a prayer of thanksgiving before each meal and prayers before bed..

My brother and I attended bible camp in summer when we were very young..

We have chosen to give our children a Christian education too. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Christianity is oppressive to women and gays.
I care, you pay

Frost

People can call themselves what they want, but that don't make it so does it.

I hope to be a good guy, but that's not always the case  ac_angel

My Christian background doesn't make me a Christian, never baptized either so i guess Ill be Burning Blue one day.

So, my point, none really, call yourself what you like, just try to walk the walk alright  ac_flower

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"People can call themselves what they want, but that don't make it so does it.

I hope to be a good guy, but that's not always the case  ac_angel

My Christian background doesn't make me a Christian, never baptized either so i guess Ill be Burning Blue one day.

So, my point, none really, call yourself what you like, just try to walk the walk alright  ac_flower

I don't know Frosty. I am an agnostic, strongly leaning towards atheist. However, I can't stand people who say one thing and do the opposite. It doesn't matter if it's xtianity, money or whatever. I fucking hate hypocrites.

Frost

Like I said try to walk the walk, and don't forget because your not at church.

Hypocrisy gets to me also, especially with politics, and people in Church acting badly.

i understand people fall to the side sometimes, but at least try.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Like I said try to walk the walk, and don't forget because your not at church.

Hypocrisy gets to me also, especially with politics, and people in Church acting badly.

i understand people fall to the side sometimes, but at least try.

Titus 2:12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age