The best topic

Replies: 10408
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:56:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

2014-2015 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, March 15, 2015, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Woohoo!

Alex Ovechkin, the Great 8, gets another Rocket Richard trophy!

"Ovechkin scored 53 goals to capture his third consecutive and fifth overall Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy, adding to the ones he earned in 2007-08, 2008-09, 2012-13 and 2013-14. Ovechkin became the sixth player in NHL history to record six 50-goal seasons, joining Mike Bossy (9), Wayne Gretzky (9), Marcel Dionne (6), Guy Lafleur (6) and Mario Lemieux (6). He also led the League and set a career high/franchise record with 25 power-play goals, while his 11 game-winning goals paced the NHL and matched a personal best. Ovechkin, who finished 2014-15 ahead of Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos (43) and New York Rangers forward Rick Nash (42), scored 41 of his 53 goals in the final 55 games of season (0.75 GPG). He posted his 473rd and 474th career goals on April 2 to surpass Peter Bondra (472) as the leading goal-scorer in Capitals history."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

The nice looking gals in the crowd are good.

Romero

Good for Ovi, a true hall of fame'r!

So, five Canadian teams are in with four of them playing against each other. That guarantees at least two Canadian teams making it the second round.

The LA Kings are only the fifth team in NHL history to win the Stanley Cup then miss the playoffs.

It's nice to see Winnipeg back. Those fans are going to be pumped up, having not seen any playoff action since 1996.

This is Calgary and Vancouver's first postseason meeting since 2004. The Flames are 4-2 overall. Calgary has gone all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals twice after defeating Vancouver, as also has the Canucks after both of its series wins. Should be good!

The New York Islanders and Washington Capitals haven't met up since 1994, with the Islanders winning five out of six in their series overall. Three of the top six NHL scorers are playing in this one!

Tatterdamelion

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Woohoo!

Alex Ovechkin, the Great 8, gets another Rocket Richard trophy!

ac_wot

Alexander the Great.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Go Flames.

Whoa, I told you Fash was going to be super competitive! It's on!

ac_smile

Anonymous

Calgary and Montreal won their opening games of the first playoff round..

It's too bad that two Canadian teams must be eliminated after the first round.

Romero

Alright, I'm finally not too mad about the game now. My response is as late as a Flames game winning goal!

That was a great game. I still can't believe how intense it gets in the playoffs. It's got to be the toughest of all the sports.

I hope you all enjoy the games tonight!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Alright, I'm finally not too mad about the game now. My response is as late as a Flames game winning goal!

That was a great game. I still can't believe how intense it gets in the playoffs. It's got to be the toughest of all the sports.

I hope you all enjoy the games tonight!

I will Romero..

Winnipeg Jets lost their series opener 4-2 to Anaheim.

Romero

Oh, so they did! I last saw Winnipeg up 2-1.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_drinks

I am watching the Caps game again. It was so good.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Calgary lost 4-1 to Vancouver and Montreal took a 2-0 series lead against Ottawa.

@realAzhyaAryola

These playoffs are exciting, Fash and Ro. Last night, Backstrom rips it through Halak although he had 4 Islanders D-men around him and tied the game. Later, Chimera seals it with a goal which put the Islanders behind 4-3 with a win for the Caps. So, it is now 1 win each. I always say...we've got to have H-U-N-G-E-R!!!  ac_drinks Woohoo!
@realAzhyaAryola

Romero

Way to go, Caps! I've got Kuznetsov in my office hockey pool. I wanted Ovi and Backstrom but they were gone before I had the chance. Good luck in Brooklyn!

Is there still a big rivalry between Vancouver and Calgary? Let's ask 18:43 of the third period:

18:43   VAN   Brad Richardson  Game misconduct against  Matt Stajan

18:43   VAN   Shawn Matthias  Misconduct (10 min) against  Michael Ferland

18:43   VAN   Derek Dorsett  Game misconduct against  Deryk Engelland

18:43   VAN   Derek Dorsett  Fighting (maj) against  Deryk Engelland

18:43   VAN   Derek Dorsett  Fighting (maj) against  Deryk Engelland

18:43   VAN   Brad Richardson  Fighting (maj) against  Matt Stajan

18:43   CGY   Brandon Bollig  Misconduct (10 min) against  Dan Hamhuis

18:43   CGY   Michael Ferland  Misconduct (10 min) against  Shawn Matthias

18:43   CGY   Deryk Engelland  Game misconduct against  Derek Dorsett

18:43   CGY   Deryk Engelland  Fighting (maj) against  Derek Dorsett

18:43   CGY   Deryk Engelland  Fighting (maj) against  Derek Dorsett

18:43   CGY   Deryk Engelland  Instigator against  Derek Dorsett

18:43   CGY   Matt Stajan  Game misconduct against  Brad Richardson

18:43   CGY   Matt Stajan  Fighting (maj) against  Brad Richardson

18:43   VAN   Dan Hamhuis  Game misconduct against  Deryk Engelland

I've rarely seen anything like that since the movie Slapshot. It's on to beautiful Calgary, home of some of the greatest fans and people in the world!

Registered Guest

The NHL has fined Calgary coach, Bob Hartley, $ 50,000.00 U.S.D, for the incident late in the third period.
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Romero

I did not hear about that.

Yes, it appears the NHL believes Hartley sent out tough guys late to stir up trouble.