The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Re: Unionized Longshoreman Are Unskilled And Overpaid

Started by Henry, November 05, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"[b]It is unfair to categorize all workers in any occupation as lazy..

[/b]

There must be a good number of people performing that job who take pride in what they do.

Quotei don't know you and this is not personal (per se) but UNIONS ARE EVIL and unionized workers are evil, lazy, overpaid, spineless slugs....for government unions (teachers, posties, federal gvt. employees, rcmp, provincial etc etc) you can multiply that by a factor of 10.....there are days i wouldn't mind paying someone extra if they did a decent job but being in a govt union automatically means you will become a nasty, discourteous, ignorant, arrogant asshole when dealing with the people that pay your salary.......if i was king for a day the problem would be resolved post haste.....

oh by the way Shen...i was Korean in a past life...so there

I am a unionized government worker..

It is unfair and hurtful to say that about us.

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"UNIONS ARE EVIL and unionized workers are evil, lazy, overpaid, spineless slugs....for government unions (teachers, posties, federal gvt. employees, rcmp, provincial etc etc) you can multiply that by a factor of 10

Utter nonsense. How could you abhor our teachers, postal workers, police, fire fighters, government workers and nurses so much? These are tough jobs that require the highest skills. They serve and protect admirably.

You're unemployed and they're paying you to sit on your ass!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"UNIONS ARE EVIL and unionized workers are evil, lazy, overpaid, spineless slugs....for government unions (teachers, posties, federal gvt. employees, rcmp, provincial etc etc) you can multiply that by a factor of 10

Utter nonsense. How could you abhor our teachers, postal workers, police, fire fighters, government workers and nurses so much? These are tough jobs that require the highest skills. They serve and protect admirably.

Thank you Romero for defending me. :D

Romero

My pleasure! Obvious Li obviously has insecurity and jealousy issues. He could only dream of being an important, hard worker.

Obvious Li

yo yo yo..homero.....well that's just one of the differences between us.....i was a boss all my career so i had to deal with these slugs......furthermore i have a few years experience in dealing with govt. (unionized) employees.....so i can rightly and justifiably call it like i experienced it......

i could dissect each and every one of the positions you mentioned above and show you how non-unionized workers could do a better job at less cost...but you couldn't understand it any way......

suffice to say the next time you need a cop lets hope you don't get one of the 1/3rd. of them that are off on maternity leave or stress leave or full pay because someone left a girlie magazine laying on their desk........hahahaha ......get rid of them all

Anonymous

yo yo yo..homero.....well that's just one of the differences between us.....i was a boss all my career so i had to deal with these slugs......furthermore i have a few years experience in dealing with govt. (unionized) employees.....so i can rightly and justifiably call it like i experienced it......

i could dissect each and every one of the positions you mentioned above and show you how non-unionized workers could do a better job at less cost...but you couldn't understand it any way......

suffice to say the next time you need a cop lets hope you don't get one of the 1/3rd. of them that are off on maternity leave or stress leave or full pay because someone left a girlie magazine laying on their desk........hahahaha ......get rid of them all

I'm a slug...thank you.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I'm a slug...thank you.

lol....i told you it was nothing personal...i'm sure your a super person who loves her job and just wants to do the right thing......i have no problem with that......however, in general unions and union management and employees are all (and more) of the things i said...

by the way..what time zone are you in....it,s 2:39 in Dog River

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I'm a slug...thank you.

lol....i told you it was nothing personal...i'm sure your a super person who loves her job and just wants to do the right thing......i have no problem with that......however, in general unions and union management and employees are all (and more) of the things i said...

by the way..what time zone are you in....it,s 2:39 in Dog River

Same time as Saskatchewan until spring.

EU

Quote from: "Securious"
Quote from: "Blue"I'm not familiar with the industry so I can only speculate.

But the ones I have been in I know a little .

Paper workers union, Carpenters union, and the UAW, the worst of the three.

All top union bosses are Masonic

Of course they are Rand/Securious/Sherlock/Doc Watson/ Pork Chop and the multitude of other handles you use to play your stupid little game...everyone in any position of power in your mind is Masonic...even the the lil old bake sale ladies at the Rebekah Lodge...hell CC is probably one of em too...

But seriously Rand, it's good to have you back, I got 1000's of PM's all of them wondering how you might be filling those empty days of doom and gloom and conspiracy without your 24/7 soapbox here at MB. Unfortunately you and Shin Li being a mod didn't last more than a week or two, for the life of me I can't figure out why and then you were banned, that was disappointing especially to see you banned because I know it seemed a bit Dr Strangelove with you yourself on the ban button...then all of a sudden you were gone...ohh ohh maybe shouldn't have used the doomsday button quite so much huh?

But you and Shin Li...you two as allies...that's the best comedic relief this board have ever see and you're both right, there is a conspiracy, the most righteous conspiracy of all conspiracies: Working people are trying to take over the world and on the front lines fighting for the lives of all workers are Organized Working People, organized groups who are bright enough to know that when it comes to dealing with the New World Order of Kinder Morgan/Union Carbide/Shell Oil or even Coca Cola you better get it in writing exactly what they are going to pay you and how you will be treated. It's called a contract and if you have any brains at all, you'll negotiate a good one.

The greatest nations on earth in terms of where people seem to want to live and or immigrate have a large contingent of Unionized workers, look it up, America, Canada, Germany, England, Australia, New Zealand, Scandanavia...it's where workers of the world want to go and generally that's because back home they get treated like shit and make garbage wages.

Listen you get what you pay for and in any group of people, union or non union, it's human nature, there will be lazy people fckin the dog but it's up to the majority and or the leader, to tell that person to get off their ass and let's get er done...happens all the time where I work, nobody pulls any punches, trust me. Not sure where you all work.

And this stems from two things: A) I ain't pullin nobody along with me, I believe in equal opportunity, man or women, get in there and get dirty if you have to and B) Any crew will work extra hard and do extra work if they complete the job and then you cut em lose, but pay them the full eight...you wanna see a crew start to hustle if you dangle that carrot? Pile the work up and show thew the light at the end of the tunnel. Common down to the beach for a day...just stay outta the fckin way or you'll get killed.

Numerous studies have shown any job...in a chair or climbing stairs... after 6 hours, productivity and concentration wanes dramatically (most accidents occur then too)...so no wonder these Chinese made products are garbage. They're all half asleep makin em.

The Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) most recent global liveability report[1] shows cities in Canada, Australia, Austria, Finland and New Zealand as the ideal destinations, thanks to a widespread availability of goods and services, low personal risk, and an effective infrastructure.