The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Kangaroo Court

Started by RW, April 20, 2015, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"My guess most of us might not turn any down. Don't spoil Keeper with it. ac_toofunny

I'll save it for his next naked hot tub party. ac_dance

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"It would be cool, IMHO, to have a thread or section where you have a couple posts each to present an argument and folks vote like a jury.  

Am I too legally nerdy or could this be fun?

Legal nerdiness is good. How about a topic?

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"It would be cool, IMHO, to have a thread or section where you have a couple posts each to present an argument and folks vote like a jury.  

Since it is the day some people celebrate marijuana usage, may I suggest legalization?

easter bunny

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Since it is the day some people celebrate marijuana usage, may I suggest legalization?

I've always believed that the more you tell rebellious kids that something is forbidden the more they will want to do it, so when it comes to drugs I favor legalization along with education.

Anonymous

I've always believed that the more you tell rebellious kids that something is forbidden the more they will want to do it, so when it comes to drugs I favor legalization along with education.

I cannot seem to get past that people are killing brain cells..

My preference would be to see alcohol taxed more punitively and regulated much more than it is now..

I know I am most likely the only one here who feels this way though easter bunny.

easter bunny

I think drug and alcohol abuse are just symptoms of a much bigger problem. We need to focus on the cause more. The symptoms will take care of themselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"I think drug and alcohol abuse are just symptoms of a much bigger problem. We need to focus on the cause more. The symptoms will take care of themselves.

I have met people in my church that have taken drugs or abused alcohol in their lives..

Most of the ones that we have talked to said any other problems took care of themselves when they stopped drinking and substance abuse.

ac_dunno

RW

So what I was thinking is the presentation of a scenario.  Two people debate the issue and after say 3 posts, we decide which argument is the most compelling.  I will provide a scenario for consideration (it doesn't have to be real):

You die.  You are reincarnated as a newborn child but you have retained all of your memories and knowledge from your previous (current) life.  In your life, you had a spouse and kids, friends, family.

Do you:

a) Stay with your new family and start a new life from scratch reaping all the benefits of your existing knowledge

or

b) Seek out your spouse, children and family, explain what has happened and try to be a part of your previous life

Who wants to argue a and who wants to argue b?
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"I think drug and alcohol abuse are just symptoms of a much bigger problem. We need to focus on the cause more. The symptoms will take care of themselves.

I have met people in my church that have taken drugs or abused alcohol in their lives..

Most of the ones that we have talked to said any other problems took care of themselves when they stopped drinking and substance abuse.

ac_dunno

Most of the people I know of who drank or did drugs were self medicating.  ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So what I was thinking is the presentation of a scenario.  Two people debate the issue and after say 3 posts, we decide which argument is the most compelling.  I will provide a scenario for consideration (it doesn't have to be real):

You die.  You are reincarnated as a newborn child but you have retained all of your memories and knowledge from your previous (current) life.  In your life, you had a husband and kids, friends, family.

Do you:

a) Stay with your new family and start a new life from scratch reaping all the benefits of your existing knowledge

or

b) Seek out your spouse, children and family, explain what has happened and try to be a part of your previous life

Since I do not believe in reincarnation, I cannot argue for either side RW.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"So what I was thinking is the presentation of a scenario.  Two people debate the issue and after say 3 posts, we decide which argument is the most compelling.  I will provide a scenario for consideration (it doesn't have to be real):

You die.  You are reincarnated as a newborn child but you have retained all of your memories and knowledge from your previous (current) life.  In your life, you had a husband and kids, friends, family.

Do you:

or

There would have to be a very compelling reason to leave my new family and mess around with destiny. I'd be inclined to think it was meant to be so, and then try to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my knowledge. So my choice would be a.

RW

Do you:

or

You need to think of it on a moral level.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Do you:

or

You need to think of it on a moral level.

Sorry, but I cannot ground morality in a secular way..

This is a very interesting choice though RW.

RW

Sorry, I meant philosophical more than moral.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I'll argue b for example.

I would seek out my family, if nothing more than to inform my husband I still exist.  If we could do nothing by communicate via electronic means, I would accept that fate.  Same with my children.  I would contact my original parents and siblings as well.  My relationship with them would be less complicated as I knew them since I was a child.  I think it would give my loved ones peace to know I still live in their world.
Beware of Gaslighters!