Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Totally Canadian

Started by RW, April 23, 2015, 01:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

I've been on road trips all over the US too as far as Rhode Island to the east to El Paso down south, through the southwest to San Francisco and up through Nevada to Wyoming through the Dakotas, even up north to the upper peninsula and back. I've been through the southern states as well, stopping at Gatlinburg among many stops. Drove through the long and lonely Natchez Trace Parkway from the Appalachian to the Smoky Mountains. Yes, I've seen backwoods alright.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Mel Gibson

Did you hear any banjos play?

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Yes, in Gatlinburg.

Did you paddle faster?

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Try the backwoods in Washington State.  Now that's Deliverance country!

Yeah it's like a wet, pine tree, kind of hell. Washington state sucks hard. I do not miss any of it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

Washington State is just like BC.  It doesn't suck that bad, geography-wise...

What are you looking for?  Bigger city?  Move to Seattle.  The desert?  Move to Bakersfield.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"Try the backwoods in Washington State.  Now that's Deliverance country!

Yeah it's like a wet, pine tree, kind of hell. Washington state sucks hard. I do not miss any of it.

Ever been to Northport?  Hahaha

So you gone for good?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"

Ever been to Northport?  Hahaha

So you gone for good?

Don't know, but right now it looks that way.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Its a pity you aren't Australian...

http://au.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-reasons-why-its-good-to-be-australian.html">//http://au.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-reasons-why-its-good-to-be-australian.html

No other country in the world has more things that will kill you. No other country in the world requires you to wear sunblock on Xmas Day.

No other country in the world has the platypus, koala, kangaroo, bilby, wallaby and salt water crocodile (well, some have the saltie, but we only lend it to them).

No other country in the world has a beach that warns you not only of crocodiles, and sharks...but box (portugeuse man o'war) jellyfish. But hey...you got to take risks sometime.

No other country on the world is so laid back, friendly, warm, hospitable and helpful...well, maybe Canada...but that's it.

RW

This thread was provided as an opportunity for those not Canadian to bask in our glory.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

And as an added bonus, you get some from your mirror image in the souther hemisphere...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Mel Gibson

Canada is nothing special.  Most of it is a frozen wasteland.

Honestly?  We'd be better off joining the US, so we can travel freely to where we want to be, and live there.

"Canadian Pride" goes a little too far sometimes.  There are better places to live in the US.

Of course, much of North Western Europe is superior to both in many regards, but that is for another day...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Canada is nothing special.  Most of it is a frozen wasteland.

Honestly?  We'd be better off joining the US, so we can travel freely to where we want to be, and live there.

"Canadian Pride" goes a little too far sometimes.  There are better places to live in the US.

Of course, much of North Western Europe is superior to both in many regards, but that is for another day...

Shen Li had a thread where she argues Alberta should join the United States.

Mel Gibson

Shen Li often takes things too far.

However, there are some valid arguments for Canada to join the US...