The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Texas flood

Started by kiebers, May 24, 2015, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Quote from: "Odinson"Kiebers was in Nam killing some g00ks.

Why do you BOMB every damn thread.... Can you not READ????

it says TEXAS FLOOD. stay focused.

Feel free to edit your quote.

Odinson

In 1968, kiebersĀ“s wife was in Galveston and Kiebers was in Vietnam.

kiebers

Not quite. She was 12 and I was 15 in 68.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

THAT'S not a flood.

THIS is a flood...

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bn1juJs1oI

@realAzhyaAryola

Sorry to hear of this calamity, kiebs. I hope you and yours are safe.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Romero

Yes, best wishes, kiebers.

Bricktop

Quote from: "kiebers"Not quite. She was 12 and I was 15 in 68.

I think he meant NINETEEN SIXTY EIGHT. ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Is Galveston your retirement choice kiebers?

Yes it is. We have had the place for over 20 years. Wife's dad built it and she has been going there since 1968. We both love to fish and boating so its great all around and a commonality that helped bring us together and keep us together.

It sounds so lovely kiebers.

ac_smile

kiebers

Quote from: "Romero"Yes, best wishes, kiebers.

Thank you sir. We got hit hard in Houston last night. Over 10 inches of rain in some areas with probably an average of 6+ inches in others. Lots of flooded areas. Most all school districts closed today. More rain due tonight in the hill country areas already ravaged by the floods. Not over yet.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Romero

I've heard that in many places the flooding was compared to tsunamis.

kiebers

Quote from: "Romero"I've heard that in many places the flooding was compared to tsunamis.

On a smaller scale for sure. There was a family trapped in a house on stilts (pilings) the water just picked the house up and carried them down the river. The father was found and is in the hospital, dog was found alive in the tops of a tree, Mother and three children still missing. They were floating along and hit a bridge which destroyed the house. The mother had time to call her sister and tell her what was going on. Tragic. More rain in the hill country tonight. Initial surges are coming downstream now and hopefully everyone has evacuated. Still people missing in all areas. Death toll is rising.

kiebers

Stevie Ray Vaughn statue in Austin. Before and after.

">

http://i.imgur.com/QzIWMYC.jpg?1">

kiebers

Romero

Quote from: "kiebers"
">
What a gorgeous photo of a great city, and Stevie Ray Vaughn rocks. Austin will be that way again soon! If there's any people who can overcome travesty and make things even better, it's Texans...

Quote from: "kiebers".

I heard ya, and I agree.

kiebers

Thank you, it will bounce back soon. It is a beautiful city.