Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Why did you leave memebee?

Started by J0E, May 24, 2015, 11:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

I've noticed a number of posters who used to post over there no longer do, and have migrated over here.

What was lacking over there that you've found on Blue Cashew?

What are the shortcomings of that forum?

And the strengths of ths one?

Discuss.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

She was ousted.

That, and the people who operate the place are craven assholes.

Annie

Being banned every time logging on, stupid antagonizing baby games. None of that is here.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"She was ousted.

I think there's too much of a clique over there, and they call all the shots.

They have too much say in running the forum, and their rules are at times inconsistently applied.

The consequence is that there is a lack of inclusivness at times because the clique congregates to shut everybody else out. However in the long run this isn't good because the forum starts to shed members and the they only get a small number of regulars with even fewer new ones willing to sign up and join.

If those discouraged feel there's nothing in it for them then they leave and go elsewhere.

J0E

Quote from: "RW"I was ousted.

Variety.

It gets stale hanging out in one forum all day.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"She was ousted.

I think there's too much of a clique over there, and they call all the shots.

They have too much say in running the forum, and their rules are at times inconsistently applied.

The consequence is that there is a lack of inclusivness at times because the clique congregates to shut everybody else out. However in the long run this isn't good because the forum starts to shed members and the they only get a small number of regulars with even fewer new ones willing to sign up and join.

If those discouraged feel there's nothing in it for them then they leave and go elsewhere.

And you figured that out all by yourself?

Impressive.

Renee

Don't mind SPECTRE, his hemorrhoids are flairing up again. He gets fucked in the ass regularly by a certian American who will remain nameless for now.

I left for many of the same reasons you cited. I also got tired of watching the management coddle and protect a particular dangerous little shit weasel with penchant for stalking and intimidating regular members. Add the personal attacks I was sometimes subjected to by the crazy, ignorant, mealy mouthed owner of the place, RW's blatant persecution and expulsion and I figured it was time to GTFO.

Why any rational person would want to remain in that den of idiots and whack jobs is a mystery to me. All one needs to do is lurk for a few moments and they will see that the lion share of the posting is done by a pack of scumbags and socially retarded misfits. That forum is shadow of what it once was and the nutty owner thinks everything is just dandy. Like the emperor Nero, she fiddles while the place burns. It's very sad to watch for those of us who remember when Van was a decent, fun place, full of witty and intelligent conversation.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "RW"I was ousted.

Variety.

It gets stale hanging out in one forum all day.

With a job and a family, I don't have enough time or energy to post on multiple boards.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"Don't mind SPECTRE, his hemorrhoids are flairing up again. He gets fucked in the ass regularly by a certian American who will remain nameless for now.

I left for many of the same reasons you cited. I also got tired of watching the management coddle and protect a particular dangerous little shit weasel with penchant for stalking and intimidating regular members. Add the personal attacks I was sometimes subjected to by the crazy, ignorant, mealy mouthed owner of the place, RW's blatant persecution and expulsion and I figured it was time to GTFO.

Why any rational person would want to remain in that den of idiots and whack jobs is a mystery to me. All one needs to do is lurk for a few moments and they will see that the lion share of the posting is done by a pack of scumbags and socially retarded misfits. That forum is shadow of what it once was and the nutty owner thinks everything is just dandy. Like the emperor Nero, she fiddles while the place burns. It's very sad to watch for those of us who remember when Van was a decent, fun place, full of witty and intelligent conversation.

Oh, NOW you see the fucking light.

Months after I tore the place open, exposed the bitch and her cadre in all their vile glory, and even THEN suffered your wailing petitions to cease and desist.

Aren't YOU the valiant fighter for truth and justice. Pity they couldn't fabricate a cape in red underwear in your size.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"Don't mind SPECTRE, his hemorrhoids are flairing up again. He gets fucked in the ass regularly by a certian American who will remain nameless for now.

Oh, NOW you see the fucking light.

Months after I tore the place open, exposed the bitch and her cadre in all their vile glory, and even THEN suffered your wailing petitions to cease and desist.

Aren't YOU the valiant fighter for truth and justice. Pity they couldn't fabricate a cape in red underwear in your size.

I never claimed to be a crusader. AND if you would deflate your balloon like ego for a moment and float back down to earth, you will realize that I was one of the few that supported you even though it pained me to do so. The only issue I had with you was your delivery. I thought the personal attacks and insults were childish and unnecessary. Also in the beginning I was a little suspicious of your motives. You come off like such a rude little creep at times, how could anyone blame me?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

Quote from: "Frank"I've noticed a number of posters who used to post over there no longer do, and have migrated over here.

What was lacking over there that you've found on Blue Cashew?

What are the shortcomings of that forum?

And the strengths of ths one?

Discuss.

You couldn't figure that out for yourself?

Troll!

Odinson

Trouble in paradise, Renee and Socks..