Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Blue Cashew has advertising!

Started by J0E, May 25, 2015, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

I noticed a small advertisement from the Royal Canadia Mint at the bottom of one of the pages.

...do these ads generate much revenue for the site?

Or does it take several ads or 'hits' to realize a significant return?

RW

I encourage you to click on them. At the end of the month I'll tell you what it pays :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

I think the average is a penny a click, but some pay more I guess.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

I need those kind of adds then, i think I would add them to my forum.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

I just found this, it tells a little about it. :)

http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/how-much-money-can-you-make-with-google-adsense.html">http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/ho ... sense.html">http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/how-much-money-can-you-make-with-google-adsense.html

[size=150]"Website Traffic and Pageviews

[/size]

The only way you are going to make money with advertising on the internet is if you have an audience. You need people to visit your website and in the case of Google AdSense, some small portion of those people need to click on your ads. If nobody clicks your ads, then you aren't going to make money. That's just the way it is.

On average anywhere from 1-10% of your visitors might click on an ad, so just to be safe assume some low number like 1%. To calculate how much your ads are worth, you can take the cost per click and multiply it by the number of clicks you can expect to get based on your traffic. So, if you have 100 page views and a click through rate of 1%, you will get 1 click on average. If your CPC (cost per click) is $1, then you might make $1 per 100 page views. The same formula is used to determine CPM, which is the cost per 1,000 ad views. In the case of the above estimate, you are looking at a CPM of $10.

Now, given an average CPM, it becomes pretty obvious how traffic impacts how much money you can make with Google AdSense. At $10 CPM, you need 10,000 pageviews to make $100. Next time you see a picture of someone holding up an AdSense check, think about how much traffic they needed to make that money. For many people, it is not possible to get that much traffic.

The question for you is, how much traffic do you think you can get to your website? How much are you already getting? Traffic is going to play a big role in how much money you can make from Google AdSense.

How Much Will Adv"

RW

I used to make a habit of clicking once in a while back on MB (when it had Google Ads) to support the site.  Don't tell evs though.  I have an evil, hateful reputation to maintain :D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Tatterdamelion

I will not click on adds that want me to search for gay men.

Singles women maybe I click the add.

RW

They are tailored to your search habits.  Something you want to tell us Tatter?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"They are tailored to your search habits.  Something you want to tell us Tatter?

Busted.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Tatterdamelion

Quote from: "RW"They are tailored to your search habits.  Something you want to tell us Tatter?

What is my search habit? Do you mean my search on Google?

Tatterdamelion

I see advertising for coffee, optometrist, websearch Kings, pharmacy, what veggies not to eat, website creation, but no gay men adds. I think i was attacked with the gay add by a mod or admin. I will not continue to post here if there is gay attacks on posters.

RW

Quote from: "Tatterdamelion"I see advertising for coffee, optometrist, websearch Kings, pharmacy, what veggies not to eat, website creation, but no gay men adds. I think i was attacked with the gay add by a mod or admin. I will not continue to post here if there is gay attacks on posters.

HAHAHA!
Beware of Gaslighters!