The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

i really like this fella....

Started by deadskinmask, May 29, 2015, 06:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYBXRwsDjY

RW

Interesting guy.  I like what he's done with clay.
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

i think hes making a statement.... you have an opinion?

RW

Should I make an assessment?

I'm Old Gregg!!

Anyway, i don't know quite how I feel about it yet.  I found his initial frailty to be contradictory to the strength in his demoniac faces.
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

i know its a performance piece and subject to speculation but i think hes making an assessment of people in general....

RW

My question is, when do we stop reading profundity into everything?  Sometimes it's just a can of soup or some idiot smearing clay all over his body.

I found this performance to be interesting in terms of watching a guy smear shit on himself and paint it up.  It was something I haven't seen before.  Did it make me think about life or something like it?  No.
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

everyone does everything for a reason. not always a good reason. but a reason nonetheless.... and the point HE was making is irrelevant.... whats important is what you took from it. did you see any correlation between his actions and anything that you can relate to? a soup can is always gonna be a soup can. but perception is what defines it. i try to question everything i see. i try to explore it. break it down and even try to understand it.... i will always see a soup can. but when someone sticks a soup can on their head or throws it across the room, i like to know why....

RW

I understand what you're saying but do you think maybe we spend too much time watching other people project their thoughts about life?
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

he didn't project his thoughts on me. he didn't try to make me buy a subscription to Crazy Bastards lllustrated. he didn't try to sell me a case of Play-Do.... he just made an exaggerated gesture and allowed my mind to interpret it anyway i chose. thats all art is. its not a test. theres no grade. he was offering a thought to be explored and experienced and i was offering a conversation.... :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"i know its a performance piece and subject to speculation but i think hes making an assessment of people in general....

I will watch the video later to see if you are right deadskinmask.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"i know its a performance piece and subject to speculation but i think hes making an assessment of people in general....

I will watch the video later to see if you are right deadskinmask.

thats all anyone could ask.... thanks.... :)

asal

Quote from: "deadskinmask"he didn't project his thoughts on me. he didn't try to make me buy a subscription to Crazy Bastards lllustrated. he didn't try to sell me a case of Play-Do.... he just made an exaggerated gesture and allowed my mind to interpret it anyway i chose. thats all art is. its not a test. theres no grade. he was offering a thought to be explored and experienced and i was offering a conversation.... :)

My sister said "art is not entertainment"

Hi Reel :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"he didn't project his thoughts on me. he didn't try to make me buy a subscription to Crazy Bastards lllustrated. he didn't try to sell me a case of Play-Do.... he just made an exaggerated gesture and allowed my mind to interpret it anyway i chose. thats all art is. its not a test. theres no grade. he was offering a thought to be explored and experienced and i was offering a conversation.... :)

Hello asal, it's so nice to see you here again..

ac_hithere  ac_hithere

What do you mean, Hi Reel?

deadskinmask

anything can be entertainment if it entertains you.... even art.... anything can be art if you present it with the intention of provoking an emotion or a thought.... both art and entertainment are based on individuals.

asal

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "asal"

Hello asal, it's so nice to see you here again..

ac_hithere  ac_hithere

What do you mean, Hi Reel?

Hi Fash - I talked with Reel about "what is art" a little bit.