The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"
I may regret this but......what was it?  ac_biggrin

Haha, you won't.

mimi wrote this,
QuoteSince we know a lot of people in the pipeline industry...at least a dozen of them have been given their walking papers.

This seems very odd considering their is still a chronic shortage of pipeline capacity in this country. Unlike conventional oilwell drilling rigs and oilfield services oil and gas is not subject to short term price fluctuations.

Denmax is just one pipeline contractor, but they are hiring.

Superintendants

Pipefitters

One Ton Operators

Labourers

Trackhoe operators

Dozer Operators

Dirt foremen

Water & Sewer Construction Foreman

I should have known,.......a petroleum industry thing.

You waste your expertise over there when you try to discuss stuff like that. Too many green zombies and envio-Nazis. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I should have known,.......a petroleum industry thing.

You waste your expertise over there when you try to discuss stuff like that. Too many green zombies and envio-Nazis. ac_toofunny

There are two industries that I can hold my own against anyone on. One is the energy sector and the other is rail. I am not bragging, but it is true. I happen to know more about those industries than anyone else on these forums.

BTW, rail is more affected with this current price drop than pipelines. Unlike major infrastructure(pipelines) they can ratcheted up or down on the turn of a dime. However, it is mostly conventional crudes that are affected by that. Canadian heavy is actually increasing production this year as Saskatchewan Bakken, Newfoundland offshore and others in SE Alberta and Western Saskatchewan bear the brunt of reduced production.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"I should have known,.......a petroleum industry thing.

There are two industries that I can hold my own against anyone on. One is the energy sector and the other is rail. I am not bragging, but it is true. I happen to know more about those industries than anyone else on these forums.

That's a given; the floor is yours on subjects like that.

I would even begin to debate you.  :stupid:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

That's a given; the floor is yours on subjects like that.

I would even begin to debate you.  :stupid:

I shake my head when people who couldn't tell the difference between an exchanger and a horse cock post the most misleading shit. Dumb, dumb, dumb I tell ya.

Chickenfeets

So, as I'm familiar with neither, can you please explain the difference between an exchanger and a horse cock, Shen?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"So, as I'm familiar with neither, can you please explain the difference between an exchanger and a horse cock, Shen?

Thanks!

One is in a plant and one on a drilling rig. You've never worked in industry and never will, so that is all ya need to know.

Chickenfeets

So, you don't know the difference, then?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"So, you don't know the difference, then?

I don't know what an exchanger is but I know where the other one is located on rigs..

My husband's company is a service provider for drilling rigs.

Anonymous

You really don't understand the role of exchangers?? ac_wot Not just used in petrochemical plants ya know. It's used in refrigeration and air con too.

Not knowing what a goose neck is, is no fucking surprise. Connects to the kelly on a rig. It's not exactly rocket science(no offense to your old man Fash).

Chickenfeets

Goose necks... horse cocks... jeez, what am I missing here?  ac_tongue

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Goose necks... horse cocks... jeez, what am I missing here?  ac_tongue

Not much other than a pink slip. The conventional patch is in a major fucking slowdown right now thanks to OPEC.

Renee

You really don't understand the role of exchangers?? ac_wot Not just used in petrochemical plants ya know. It's used in refrigeration and air con too.

Not knowing what a goose neck is, is no fucking surprise. Connects to the kelly on a rig. It's not exactly rocket science(no offense to your old man Fash).

Ah, you are talking about "heat exchangers". I've ordered a few of those things for the company. In fact we just piped one up for a school boiler project.

So do you guys use the "shell and tube" kind of the "plate and frame" type?  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Ah, you are talking about "heat exchangers". I've ordered a few of those things for the company. In fact we just piped one up for a school boiler project.

So do you guys use the "shell and tube" kind of the "plate and frame" type?  ac_biggrin

Depends on what they are being used for. Shell and tube is used in refineries. They are shut down and serviced during plant "turnarounds". Plate and frame has tons of uses, but prolly less right now as service rig boilers are not required as much as a year ago. Too bad for those ex-derrickhands who went and took a two week special oilfield boiler course.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Annie"Evs and I are on nice speaking terms but mimi is quite stubborn. I apologized to her a few times but nope she won't accept it and won't offer me an apology either so meh lol

Haha! I just saw this. What have I been saying all along? I truly believe she's more wicked than evs. ac_toofunny
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Annie"Evs and I are on nice speaking terms but mimi is quite stubborn. I apologized to her a few times but nope she won't accept it and won't offer me an apology either so meh lol

Haha! I just saw this. What have I been saying all along? I truly believe she's more wicked than evs. ac_toofunny

Hello Azhya, is everything back to normal after the winter storm?