The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Sounds like a lovely morning Fash.  I'm sorry to say that I don't miss church in the least although I do get the occasional pang to go to a Sunday mass every so often.

You were raised as a Catholic Real Woman?

RW

I was.  I went to Catholic school.  Was an altar server for years.  When I got into high school, I started noticing the judgemental attitudes and hypocrisy and it turned me off.  I religion hopped for a few years and kept finding the same thing so I wrote off religion and haven't looked back.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I was.  I went to Catholic school.  Was an altar server for years.  When I got into high school, I started noticing the judgemental attitudes and hypocrisy and it turned me off.  I religion hopped for a few years and kept finding the same thing so I wrote off religion and haven't looked back.

There are probably many other people who have similar story to tell Real Woman and they probably share your cynicism too.

RW

I think out of all of them, Apostolic was the most ridiculous mass wise.  I actually burst out laughing while the bishop was talking and never went back.  Mormonism was the strictest with the people being overly friendly and intrusive.  There were some cute missionaries though :). Bah'ai folks were okay but generally weird - kind of nerdy even.  The strangest was the "Christian" youth group I joined.  It was cultish.  You were expected to only hang around with other youth groupers and they did things like try to get you to talk in tongues and such.  When I got older, I had a Jewish roomate so we did the Hanukah and Passover stuff.  The food at Passover wasn't to my taste at all.  Pickled herring - BLECH!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

I think the canadian gene pool seems a bit limited.

I mean every one of you claim to be retarded or somehow disabled.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I think out of all of them, Apostolic was the most ridiculous mass wise.  I actually burst out laughing while the bishop was talking and never went back.  Mormonism was the strictest with the people being overly friendly and intrusive.  There were some cute missionaries though :). Bah'ai folks were okay but generally weird - kind of nerdy even.  The strangest was the "Christian" youth group I joined.  It was cultish.  You were expected to only hang around with other youth groupers and they did things like try to get you to talk in tongues and such.  When I got older, I had a Jewish roomate so we did the Hanukah and Passover stuff.  The food at Passover wasn't to my taste at all.  Pickled herring - BLECH!

I was raised in a dispensationalist tradition, but know my husband and I fellowship in a covenentalist, Calvinist church..

I have attended Christian schools, I was always part of youth groups, then colleges and careers when I was single..

My children also attend a private Christian school and are active in church groups for children.

Odinson

Odinson

Calvinist?

You fucking dog me to search the dictionary.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Dispensiationalist?

It's a theology that consists of premillennialism and the pretribulation rapture of the church.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's a theology that consists of premillennialism and the pretribulation rapture of the church.

:shock:  :shock:  Rapture is when people get pulled into the skies?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air".

Odinson

1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air".

Sounds awful.

Anonymous

Sounds awful.

To dispensationalists, it is something they look forward to.

Odinson

Sounds awful.

No death, Fashie.

Anonymous

Sounds awful.

No death, Fashie.

They believe the alive in Christ will not experience death.