The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Group Talk

Started by RW, June 10, 2015, 10:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Do you think there is value in talking to a group of people when trying to deal with problems?  Like mental or health related issues.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Do you think there is value in talking to a group of people when trying to deal with problems?  Like mental or health related issues.

I do RW..

But be very careful.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Do you think there is value in talking to a group of people when trying to deal with problems?  Like mental or health related issues.

Personally, I find aggravating a group of people more therapeutic.

Annie

There's group sessions for youth and my daughter went to one for a bit. I was concerned and she and I talked about the influence of others which could potentially just make things worse.  As for adults, I dunno.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

What about pain groups?  I keep thinking they're just big ole whinefests.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"What about pain groups?  I keep thinking they're just big ole whinefests.

Aren't all group secessions of just about any kind basically "whinefests"?

Everyone sits around in a circle and blurts or moans out the problems in their shitty lives. That way everyone can give their worthless half-assed appraisal of the whiner's predicament. That way everyone can also look at the person next to them and say to themselves " thank God I'm not as fucked up as that poor slob".

I've always found that a "one on one" encounter with someone who's opinion you respect and who has some level of experience with your particular problem to be a lot more helpful and worthwhile.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

I see pros and cons to it, pro you can get information and ideas on how to deal with pain issues.  Con, it might be depressing to hear sad stories of others in pain but pro, everyone can relate to each other. I guess you could just go to one and see if you'll like it.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

There's online help groups too, through facebook and forums.

Anonymous

Fuck no, that shit is for effeminate crybabies and white people. ac_razz

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Lance Leftardashian

I think it's important that people come together to get in touch with their feelings.
I care, you pay

cc

That's what I say in my Fetish Club Brochure
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"That's what I say in my Fetish Club Brochure

ac_lovestruck

@realAzhyaAryola

For me, the less people know of my problems, the better. I don't enjoy telling people my problems any more than I enjoy listening to them tell me theirs.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]