Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Immigration Under The Governing Conservatives

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2015, 12:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Well, you see, Fash...that's the problem. Like the words "sexist", "racist", "domestic violence" and "homophobic", its meaning has been so extended and distorted as to become almost meaningless.

What is "persecuted"? Being harassed, intimidated and threatened by government to the extent that you fear for your life certainly qualifies.

But leaving your country because you backed the wrong horse in armed insurrection, such as the Tamils?

The problem is that too many disgruntled, dissatisfied, disaffected and plainly unhappy people jump on boats claiming to be "refugees", and once again, we see a genuine human misery diluted by people who try to use the word to their benefit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Well, you see, Fash...that's the problem. Like the words "sexist", "racist", "domestic violence" and "homophobic", its meaning has been so extended and distorted as to become almost meaningless.

What is "persecuted"? Being harassed, intimidated and threatened by government to the extent that you fear for your life certainly qualifies.

But leaving your country because you backed the wrong horse in armed insurrection, such as the Tamils?

The problem is that too many disgruntled, dissatisfied, disaffected and plainly unhappy people jump on boats claiming to be "refugees", and once again, we see a genuine human misery diluted by people who try to use the word to their benefit.

SPECTRE, no offense, but I don't think you fully understand the white terror period in Taiwan..

You may look at Taiwan today, which is probably the most democratic nation in the region as well as being rich..

But, it came at a price..

My father was one of the people who stood up to Chiang's US controlled puppet regime.

Bricktop

I don't think you read my post correctly.

There is a genuine category of people who can claim to be refugees. If your father fell into that category, then it is fair and reasonable to be given shelter.

But look at the world today. Every arab country is in disarray, and their inhabitants flood into European and Australian countries claiming to be "refugees" when what they are really doing is running away from their own mess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I don't think you read my post correctly.

There is a genuine category of people who can claim to be refugees. If your father fell into that category, then it is fair and reasonable to be given shelter.

But look at the world today. Every arab country is in disarray, and their inhabitants flood into European and Australian countries claiming to be "refugees" when what they are really doing is running away from their own mess.

I don't know about the category of refugees today..

I do know Chiang Kai Shek was a thug.

Bricktop

So was Lee Kuan Yew, and President Suharto...he wasn't alone.

The world is full of thugs and bullies. But that does not mean we have a responsibility to open the doors to all of their victims.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"So was Lee Kuan Yew, and President Suharto...he wasn't alone.

The world is full of thugs and bullies. But that does not mean we have a responsibility to open the doors to all of their victims.

Lee was not even close to the massacres Chiang inflicted on Taiwanese..

Remember Feb 28 47?

He still had control of the mainland then.

Bricktop

Fash, I made it clear there are circumstances where people can rightfully claim refugee status.

But like all forms of charity, it is now the subject of abuse and exploitation, particularly by people from nations that stood by why the world progressed into the 20th century, and who allowed despots, dictators, villains and brutes to control their countries.

The fact that the citizens of Libya stood by whilst a cruel and vile dictator took control of their country is not a problem MY country should have to deal with.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

The fact that the citizens of Libya stood by whilst a cruel and vile dictator took control of their country is not a problem MY country should have to deal with.

They didn't have much choice. The US and allies had superior air strike abilities.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Fash, I made it clear there are circumstances where people can rightfully claim refugee status.

But like all forms of charity, it is now the subject of abuse and exploitation, particularly by people from nations that stood by why the world progressed into the 20th century, and who allowed despots, dictators, villains and brutes to control their countries.

BULLSEYE!!

J0E

There seems to be a greater diversity of immigrants from different nations coming in than before.

I see more people from Eastern Europe and South America.

I don't know if the numbers have changed, but for the longest time, it's been 25% of the immigrants have come from China or India.

They should definitely change that so its just 5% maximum for each, to make it fairer for everybody else.

Though the numbers may not reflect it, at least officially it's the immigration policy in the US.

Also - end immigration/citizenship based solely upon family re-unification of bloodlines.

I believe in the States, you can sponsor your parent but not your brothers and sisters.

Why should someone get into the country solely on the basis of blood relation?

Sure the original guy might have gotten in because he was an engineer, but why should his brother if he's only qualified to be a cashier at Wal-Mart.

Lance Leftardashian

Canada must help these refugees. Canada needs more people and we should help the unfortunate refugees.
I care, you pay

RW

How can we help refugees without taking them in?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Lance Leftardashian

The unfortunate iondividuals should be allowed to enjoy living in the west if this is what they desire.
I care, you pay

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"The unfortunate individuals should be allowed to enjoy living in the west if this is what they desire.
I care, you pay

cc

Quote from: "SPECTRE".....The fact that the citizens of Libya stood by whilst a cruel and vile dictator took control of their country is not a problem MY country should have to deal with.
Agree we had no business interfering. That said, they had no choice in that. "stood by"? Wtf do you think they should or could have done against huge firepower? Those who tried died.

Even armed jihadis couldn't take him out without O'Child bombing Daffy. Now he has left them with a failed state with fanatics fighting for control  ... ISIS now involved big time

Yet another triumph for the meddling community organizer
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell