The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

8 more slaughtered in the US.

Started by Bricktop, August 10, 2015, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "RW"Do you know how rare it is for a person to use a gun for self defence?  Stuff like this happens without warning and takes all but seconds to be fatal.

Any idea why that is?

I believe I stated a reason in my previous post.

You can't gun fight your way to safety.  It's a false sense of security.

Really, who taught you that tripe?

I'll tell you what, you can remain unarmed and God forbid if you get attacked, by an armed assailant, let me know how you made it to "safety". If I don't get an answer, I'll just assume whatever strategy you employed didn't work.

I think you are talking to the wrong person on this.

Tell me Wulf, if an armed assailant opens fire on you during a parade giving you mere seconds to react, are you going to live?

Like the statistics say - most people who are shot don't even get the chance to draw their guns for "self defence".

How many people besides the police and active military personnel who get shot are actually armed? I think the statistics you are referring to don't really exist. I'm curious as to where you are getting them.

BTW, don't talk to me about being fired upon by armed assailants. Because there is a very good chance that I'm the only person here who has experienced something like that with possible exception of the inspector. I can say with all certainly that it doesn't happen quite like you would think it does. The bad guy isn't always composed enough or trained enough to actually end up on top. It takes more than just the ability to pull a trigger for a person to find a target and kill. The scenario you are suggesting is probably one of the most survivable situations you could face as an armed citizen. There are literally dozens of variables at play.

RW

I'm not talking about playing army Wulf.

I feel far more secure knowing the guy beside me is probably not carrying a gun than I would otherwise.  You can't arm that kind of security.  Sorry.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"The bad guy isn't always composed enough or trained enough to actually end up on top.

A factor for which we are very much grateful.

Grace under fire will keep you alive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"You are ducking the question.

Should we all carry guns?
Considering any asshole can obtain a fire arm via the back of a seedy van or the Internet black market, yes. Anyone should have freedom to arm themselves. The fun is, you never know who is packing heat. Limiting access to drugs didn't exactly put a dent in the addiction epidemic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Do you know how rare it is for a person to use a gun for self defence?  Stuff like this happens without warning and takes all but seconds to be fatal.

Any idea why that is?

Because you never know who has one lol. Take away guns and watch the crime rate sky rocket because criminals will know you are unarmed.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"

Any idea why that is?

Because you never know who has one lol. Take away guns and watch the crime rate sky rocket because criminals will know you are unarmed.

Is that how it works?  Funny, here in Canada we can't walk around armed and our violent crime hasn't skyrocketed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Say RW. There is a potential problem when one wants to post an "attachment" ..... at least there is with Chrome

When one first goes into "preview" , one finds only the "options" that I have shown in this attachment below - "Options" is all that is visible . Clicking on anything will not bring up an "Attachment" option

I stumbled into the workaround, but only by accident and several fails. The only way one can attach any thing is to actually preview the post. After previewing it  "attachments" appears  at that location and can be utilized

Just start a new post at the bottom, click "full editor & preview". Then look at where "attach a file" should appear.  

Not a biggy - Just thought you should know people cannot add an attachment unless they luck into what I lucked into.

If my description is confusing, just say so and I can clarify
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Any idea why that is?

In every other western country that prohibits personal possession of firearms, or severely limits it, the crime rate is around the same as the US.

Except in one area; violence involving firearms. In that category the US can, for once, rightfully claim it leads the western world.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Say RW. There is a potential problem when one wants to post an "attachment" ..... at least there is with Chrome

When one first goes into "preview" , one finds only the "options" that I have shown in this attachment below - "Options" is all that is visible . Clicking on anything will not bring up an "Attachment" option

I stumbled into the workaround, but only by accident and several fails. The only way one can attach any thing is to actually preview the post. After previewing it  "attachments" appears  at that location and can be utilized

Just start a new post at the bottom, click "full editor & preview". Then look at where "attach a file" should appear.  

Not a biggy - Just thought you should know people cannot add an attachment unless they luck into what I lucked into.

If my description is confusing, just say so and I can clarify

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll look into it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Any idea why that is?

Is that how it works?  Funny, here in Canada we can't walk around armed and our violent crime hasn't skyrocketed.
 Well why don't you cross the Detroit river for a stroll around the nieghborhood?  I envy your safety, but Canada isn't exactly know for violant crime. The US is. Disarming law abiding citizens at the point leaves us vulnerable to the criminals who don't get guns legally.

Bricktop

How do they get their guns then?

Is there a special gun manufacturer for bad people only??

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"How do they get their guns then?

Is there a special gun manufacturer for bad people only??

Anyone can get a gun. You can buy illegal weapons off the internet.  I could just stroll on down to my old drug dealers house and make an offer on a fire arm, and I'd get ine.  Look at it realistically.  Crack is illegal. Heroin is illegal. I can get both of those AND a gun to go with it within 24 hours if i wanted to.  Do you think the majority of our violant crimes are committed by law abiding citizens who obtained their gun rightly?  Because you'd be wrong on that.  The problem isn't guns.

Anonymous

http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-o ... e-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything For those who don't feel like a trip to the hood, you can download tor and shop online for whatever fire arm you wish off the cyber black market.

RW

Yeah the problem is people.  So why give em guns?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

How is taking guns away from law abiding citizens going to stop criminals?  You gonna stop criminals from black market buying fire arms? Gonna stop illegal selling and owning of guns?  Criminals can have guns, but the innocent have to be vunerable?  The laws don't stop criminals. Also, what about hunters?  What about a tyrannical government?