Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

SPECTRE'S ask a retired cop anything

Started by Bricktop, August 13, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

So, are you going to inform us how you're an authority on police officers?

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"So, are you going to inform us how you're an authority on police officers?

No

The onus for disproving that cops are upright walking pigs who thrive on the perception of authority while stealing from those they're supposedly tasked to serve, does in fact fall on you.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"So, are you going to inform us how you're an authority on police officers?

No

The onus for disproving that cops are upright walking pigs who thrive on the perception of authority while stealing from those they're supposedly tasked to serve, does in fact fall on you.

My brother is a policeman Dinky Diana..

He is nothing like what you wrote.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"No. That's only in the US, to encourage all folks to gun up and shoot it out.

In most other countries, you leave them at work.

Wrong, in the US an off duty cop is never really off duty. He or she is encouraged; no required; to be ready "to protect and serve" even when they are in their civvies. As the daughter of an ex-cop I can honestly say that my male parental unit would take extreme umbrage with what you have insinuated.

I'm sorry that the police force down-under doesn't take their position in the community as seriously as they do in other countries but it's not another excuse for you to make shit up about another countries police force. Who the fuck do you think you are...Joe? :sneaky2:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I think cops get a bad rap.

For the most part they do. Most are decent people who go out everyday and put their lives on the line for you and I but like the rest of us they are flawed. Unfortunately there is that minority that is very flawed and they are the ones that garner all the attention. It also doesn't help that they are demonized in the media for simply doing their jobs and the soft headed, d-bags out there eat it up like a fat kid eats cake.  :nea:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

No

Really? I didn't know!!!

:oeudC:

Well, that changes everything.

I'll get back to you on that.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"No. That's only in the US, to encourage all folks to gun up and shoot it out.

In most other countries, you leave them at work.

Wrong, in the US an off duty cop is never really off duty. He or she is encouraged; no required; to be ready "to protect and serve" even when they are in their civvies. As the daughter of an ex-cop I can honestly say that my male parental unit would take extreme umbrage with what you have insinuated.

I'm sorry that the police force down-under doesn't take their position in the community as seriously as they do in other countries but it's not another excuse for you to make shit up about another countries police force. Who the fuck do you think you are...Joe? :sneaky2:

I am sorry for any offence caused by my remarks. Please don't tell your dad.

:sad:

The same applies here. Cops are duty bound 24/7. Just without guns, which is the point I was addressing. No need for them.

Let us not fight. :6:

RW

If you pick up a drunk and he/she pukes in the back of your car, who cleans it up?  Also where is it cleaned?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"If you pick up a drunk and he/she pukes in the back of your car, who cleans it up?  Also where is it cleaned?

Dunno about now, but then, if it was your arrest, you cleaned it up.

In the city there used to be a carwash in the Police Mechanics workshops, but I don't think so these days.

I would imagine fleet maintainence is now privatised.