News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Just how arrogant are so called greenies and climate change clowns?

Started by Frood, August 19, 2015, 10:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

I went for a walk through a midweek produce and game community market that happens every couple of weeks as I do because I prefer homegrown food over the stuff in the supermarkets.

So I come across a new stand full of fantastic looking fresh vegetables, marmalades, and home preserved dishes then get sucked into a conversation with the stall owner which leads to the environment. She informs me that humans, overbreeding, racism and capitalism are the cause for all the environment's woes. Being a generally polite person in my day to day, I listened to her and nodded my head and made motions to complete the purchase (which was worth nearly 40 dollars). She wouldn't let it go and insisted I engage with her further on the topic.

I have mixed views on environmentalism, population control, and the role of capitalism. Humans do pollute, resources aren't infinite, and social equality and markets aren't as free or equal as they should be, but it's not all bad. There are still good things about humans and our economic models. I asked if she had children and she I, yes on both counts.

I tried to politely complete the purchase again, and she went off her tree at me for not having an opinion. I nearly fucking lost it on her but asked if she was a Margaret Sanger and Karl Marx supporter. She did a "how dare you" at me and proceeded to lay into me about being a "right winger".

That was it. I had enough. I told her to look up her saviors, stop participating at the market, and kill herself and her children if she really believed in humanity as the basis of all earth evils. I ended with suggesting that although her vegetables looked healthy, they were grown by an obviously ignorant and selfish cow who wasn't fit to be composted but if we ever met again in the next decade or two, I'd be happy to assist her with that prospect completely free of charge.

She started yelling "ASSAULT!" and "CALL 000!" to the other stall holders but they just laughed at her. Most of them are small to medium scale farmers just trying to make a living. There were lots of chuckles.  :laugh:

One of them winked and gave me a thumbs up as I walked away from the moron.
Blahhhhhh...

J0E

As in this forum, you seem like a bit of a loose cannon in real life, dinky.

That being said, I'd have to agree that overpopulation is the major culprit of our planet's woes.

It's gone from 3 billion in 1960, to over 7 billion today. We've added more people in 50 years, then ever existed on the face of this planet at any given time prior to 1960. Eventually something's gotta give.

With runaway population growth, now we have to resort to using less oil, fewer of this ' that, there's less to go around whenn much of this could've been prevented if we'd listened to the Club of Rome back in 1973 and cut our appettite for making babies then.

One thing the environmentalists never seem to wanna talk about is overpopulation either because they're parents/grandparents or they think its politically incorrect and fear alienating certain groups, nations.

Frood

Thank you for your observations, Frank. You seem bright about some topics and well, let's just say that we've all plenty of room to grow in others.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I went for a walk through a midweek produce and game community market that happens every couple of weeks as I do because I prefer homegrown food over the stuff in the supermarkets.

So I come across a new stand full of fantastic looking fresh vegetables, marmalades, and home preserved dishes then get sucked into a conversation with the stall owner which leads to the environment. She informs me that humans, overbreeding, racism and capitalism are the cause for all the environment's woes. Being a generally polite person in my day to day, I listened to her and nodded my head and made motions to complete the purchase (which was worth nearly 40 dollars). She wouldn't let it go and insisted I engage with her further on the topic.

I have mixed views on environmentalism, population control, and the role of capitalism. Humans do pollute, resources aren't infinite, and social equality and markets aren't as free or equal as they should be, but it's not all bad. There are still good things about humans and our economic models. I asked if she had children and she I, yes on both counts.

I tried to politely complete the purchase again, and she went off her tree at me for not having an opinion. I nearly fucking lost it on her but asked if she was a Margaret Sanger and Karl Marx supporter. She did a "how dare you" at me and proceeded to lay into me about being a "right winger".

That was it. I had enough. I told her to look up her saviors, stop participating at the market, and kill herself and her children if she really believed in humanity as the basis of all earth evils. I ended with suggesting that although her vegetables looked healthy, they were grown by an obviously ignorant and selfish cow who wasn't fit to be composted but if we ever met again in the next decade or two, I'd be happy to assist her with that prospect completely free of charge.

She started yelling "ASSAULT!" and "CALL 000!" to the other stall holders but they just laughed at her. Most of them are small to medium scale farmers just trying to make a living. There were lots of chuckles.  :laugh:

Lemme guess, the self-loathing cunt was fucking white? If she has a problem with having kids or having too much, you should offer to buy her a one way ticket to Papua New Guinea. I believe there is a fucking tree hut vacancy there. Bring in an ambitious, educated, skilled immigrant(preferably not white) that has no problem contributing to the economic and innovative future of your fine nation.

Gawd, I will never understand white guilt? :crazy:  :crazy:

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I went for a walk through a midweek produce and game community market that happens every couple of weeks as I do because I prefer homegrown food over the stuff in the supermarkets.

Lemme guess, the self-loathing cunt was fucking white? If she has a problem with having kids or having too much, you should offer to buy her a one way ticket to Papua New Guinea. I believe there is a fucking tree hut vacancy there. Bring in an ambitious, educated, skilled immigrant(preferably not white) that has no problem contributing to the economic and innovative future of your fine nation.

Gawd, I will never understand white guilt? :crazy:  :crazy:

She was white and struck me as somewhat guttural in expression and vulgar in physical presentation. I don't believe that's necessarily a white or non white thing though.
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Anonymous

^I know, but I like to stir the turds sometimes. The guilt thing seems to be majority white. The main diff between a white lefty and a white conservative is the amount of guilt they feel. I shouldn't cast stones though, we have our own deeply ingrained socially condition quirks too.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"^I know, but I like to stir the turds sometimes. The guilt thing seems to be majority white. The main diff between a white lefty and a white conservative is the amount of guilt they feel. I shouldn't cast stones though, we have our own deeply ingrained socially condition quirks too.

Like eating the neighbor's pets?  :negative:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^I know, but I like to stir the turds sometimes. The guilt thing seems to be majority white. The main diff between a white lefty and a white conservative is the amount of guilt they feel. I shouldn't cast stones though, we have our own deeply ingrained socially condition quirks too.

Like eating the neighbor's pets?  :negative:

Only of they are plump and juicy.

Anonymous

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11401158_938672972851296_4237513290883605883_n.jpg?oh=bb326fced2fe2abf862e43fbcf4a6cac&oe=56781FCF">

Anonymous

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11866498_10155940926545416_7680459913598350077_n.jpg?oh=bd25c234b8d1ad03177da3308832d4af&oe=56822491">

Anonymous

Naomi Klein admits global warming is not about science but destroying capitalism

http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi-klein-admits-global-warming-is-not-about-science-but-destroying-capitalism/">http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi- ... apitalism/">http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi-klein-admits-global-warming-is-not-about-science-but-destroying-capitalism/

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Naomi Klein admits global warming is not about science but destroying capitalism

http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi-klein-admits-global-warming-is-not-about-science-but-destroying-capitalism/">http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi- ... apitalism/">http://greenjihad.net/2015/08/19/naomi-klein-admits-global-warming-is-not-about-science-but-destroying-capitalism/

Good for Naomi Klein. But not all of us who know that human activity affects our climate are about destroying capitalism. My career is dependent on the markets. Please don't lump us all in together.

Bricktop

Apparently its the warmest year on record.

I guess they didn't think to include Australia in their computations, cos its not fucking warm here.