Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Have an Easy Fast on Yom Kippur!

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 22, 2015, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Speaketh not of life and blood upon altars, nor talketh in riddles so that man may maketh any interpretation he wishes. SPECTRE 23:9.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yom kipper....that sounds like some kind of curried pho...

ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Speaketh not of life and blood upon altars, nor talketh in riddles so that man may maketh any interpretation he wishes. SPECTRE 23:9.

That's not a riddle....what? Lol.  You just don't know Christain theology.  An equation would appear as a riddle to a person who has never been in a classroom. That verse is referencing the coming Messiah. All the Hebrew holy days were a "blue print" of God's plan of salvation, His reconciling humankind to Himself. This is essentially what Yom Kipper is about, the atonement. This was the one day of the year the priest could enter the "Holy of Holies" in the temple. It was the room where the presence of God would fill. They would actually tie a rope around the levite priests waist in case the Lord's glory was too much and it killed him....so they could pull him out.  The ark of the covenant was in this room, and the sin offering for the people was blood dripped in the center.  Hence, blood upon the alter.  This was reflecting the coming blood atonement of Christ, the new covenant. Many Christians and scholars believe this Yom Kipper is very significant as the kick off to the tribulation.  According to scripture we are in the end days, and have been for decades, but this is where things are going to escalate. I'm in the "wait and see" camp.

Anonymous

High holiday season is here for our Jewish friends.

ac_smile

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Speaketh not of life and blood upon altars, nor talketh in riddles so that man may maketh any interpretation he wishes. SPECTRE 23:9.

That's not a riddle....what? Lol.  You just don't know Christain theology.  An equation would appear as a riddle to a person who has never been in a classroom. That verse is referencing the coming Messiah. All the Hebrew holy days were a "blue print" of God's plan of salvation, His reconciling humankind to Himself. This is essentially what Yom Kipper is about, the atonement. This was the one day of the year the priest could enter the "Holy of Holies" in the temple. It was the room where the presence of God would fill. They would actually tie a rope around the levite priests waist in case the Lord's glory was too much and it killed him....so they could pull him out.  The ark of the covenant was in this room, and the sin offering for the people was blood dripped in the center.  Hence, blood upon the alter.  This was reflecting the coming blood atonement of Christ, the new covenant. Many Christians and scholars believe this Yom Kipper is very significant as the kick off to the tribulation.  According to scripture we are in the end days, and have been for decades, but this is where things are going to escalate. I'm in the "wait and see" camp.

We have been in the "end days" since the "beginning" days.

Its just another Christian folly, intended purely to underpin their fantasy of an afterlife, and is thus a cause for celebration.

More fairy tales from primitve tribes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Its just another Christian folly, intended purely to underpin their fantasy of an afterlife, and is thus a cause for celebration.

Actually all the false endings were a worldly folly.  I realize it's comfortable for you to consider it "fairytale from primitive cultures" but reality kind of paints a different picture, considering most primitive practices have died out while thousands upon thousand over the past 2000 years surrender to Christ.  Scripture is frightening accurate in describing the end days, as now.  Even down to the false endings.  The false rapture dates, the 2012 nonsense, all of it.  There won't be an astroid either.

Anonymous

Actually all the false endings were a worldly folly.  I realize it's comfortable for you to consider it "fairytale from primitive cultures" but reality kind of paints a different picture, considering most primitive practices have died out while thousands upon thousand over the past 2000 years surrender to Christ.  Scripture is frightening accurate in describing the end days, as now.  Even down to the false endings.  The false rapture dates, the 2012 nonsense, all of it.  There won't be an astroid either.

Well said Dove.

Aryan

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Dove"This is actually a very significant Holy day.

Significant to whom?

Millions of Jewish people. You know,....those slaves that built all those tombs and pyramids for you.

Any more dumb questions?.......  :001_rolleyes:

I've never engaged Jewish people to build squat.

I wouldn't even know how to tell they're jewish.

I know a lot of jewish women are overweight.

Oh...wait...I see...

They often look like this...

http://s196.photobucket.com/user/scousehead/media/luckymerchant_zpsxyvysjqh.gif.html">

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Dove"This is actually a very significant Holy day.

Significant to whom?

Millions of Jewish people. You know,....those slaves that built all those tombs and pyramids for you.

Any more dumb questions?.......  :001_rolleyes:

I've never engaged Jewish people to build squat.

I wouldn't even know how to tell they're jewish.

I know a lot of jewish women are overweight.

Oh...wait...I see...

They often look like this...

http://s196.photobucket.com/user/scousehead/media/luckymerchant_zpsxyvysjqh.gif.html">

I've never met a Jewish man that looked like that.

ac_dunno