The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Washing Meat Products

Started by keeper, November 12, 2015, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

I only rinse my veggies, the butcher where we shop use rubber/plastic gloves.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Annie

What? I trust them not to drop it on the floor.....!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper":dash1:  :mad:  :t1929:

OMG

:nea:

Hey, if you think washing your meat makes it safer, then wash your meat.

Let the rest of us do what we want with our meat.

But don't get me wrong, there are times when I appreciate clean freshly washed meat. But I usually prefer that kind.....on the very rare side. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

We don't wash/rinse beef or pork. I will scrape the bone dust/residue off both sides. I have found that while they will scrape the side that will be displayed, more times than not the underside was not scraped. The band saw will leave residue on the surface of the meat. I use a butter knife to scrape it. We will rinse off poultry.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"We don't wash/rinse beef or pork. I will scrape the bone dust/residue off both sides. I have found that while they will scrape the side that will be displayed, more times than not the underside was not scraped. The band saw will leave residue on the surface of the meat. I use a butter knife to scrape it. We will rinse off poultry.

I have never bone dust on meat kiebers.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

OMG

But don't get me wrong, there are times when I appreciate clean freshly washed meat. But I usually prefer that kind.....on the very rare side. ac_biggrin

:thumbup:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

OMG

At least somebody got it. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

keeper

Shud up

Mad at you 2

acc_angry

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper"Shud up

Mad at you 2

acc_angry

You know, if you weren't so mad I might be able to convince RW to come over and wash your meat. ac_biggrin

keeper

Quote from: "Keeper"Shud up

Mad at you 2

acc_angry

You know, if you weren't so mad I might be able to convince RW to come over and wash your meat. ac_biggrin

ac_dance im over it  :laugh3:

Annie

RW

Quote from: "RW"

OMG

At least somebody got it. :laugh3:

I wouldn't miss it haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Annie

Uhh Keep? You're the one who wanted to talk about washing their meat! lololol